Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is anyone else actually LIKING pre op diet?!

So weird to say this but I am actually enjoying the pre op diet. I feel great! It's a cleansing sort of experience. I had horrible detox headaches and fatigue for 3 days but now I am going so well. It has been 6 days and I am down 8.8 pounds!! Stoked

I am even eating a meal at dinner and having random Protein Snacks - even though I am not probably not supposed to (The Dr's booklet pushes veggies for dinner, but I add 100g of protein). However, I am feeling great, losing weight and just enjoying this phase where I am literally cleansing my body of all the crap I have been eating lately. I had a lapband at one stage but it's been out for 4 years. I could not keep the weight off, despite doing gym training and eating very well, and then I fell pregnant and my weight has just spiralled since having the baby.

Anyway, long story short, I ENJOY eating well and exercising, so I hope the sleeve can really push my body back into the weight loss phase and I really hope to be fit and healthy again soon.

Edited by missblonde20

If I was eating meals and Snacks I would probably like it too :)

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Uhh, woah, OK....am I being sensitive or am I detecting some bitchiness?

First of all, can I say that I AM doing a pre-op diet. I am following the plan, drinking 2 shakes and eating one balanced meal at night time (generally chicken and veggies) and IF I have a snack when I feel lethargic/very hungry, I opt for a Protein snack that is of the same brand as my shakes. So thank you for telling me it is not a pre-op diet. Again, as I had a lapband in 2007, I HAVE done this exact diet before.

Secondly, I have lost 8.8 pounds. I was told I only had to lose 4.

Absolutely no point being negative nancies to me when I am feeling positive, being successful in my weight loss, and actually feeling GOOD. Why the need to try and cut somebody down?

Hello and smiles to all of the lovely, nice, fun and inviting people on the forum.... :-)

@@missblonde20 I wouldn't take anything too personally on this forum. Most of the people you'll find here seem to be pretty cool :) But when it comes to pre-op diet not everyone reacts as well to it as you are - so you're incredibly lucky! Some people have to follow a much stricter regiment, and it can be challenging to say the least.

I'm on day 5 of mine and doing all right, but I'm on liquids and a few soft foods (you'll find a lot of pre-op diets are like that). People tend to take for granted being able to use their teeth for something more substantial than a Gummy Vitamin. Goodness know I never thought about it until I started this!

Anyhow... it's good to hear that someone is finding their pre-op diet tolerable. Keep up the good work and enjoy the benefits!

Edited by Sparkles!!

I'm am feeling like it's going too well. Like it should be harder? It's only day 3 but I haven't even had any headache etc. I do feel hungry but not starving and carrot and celery seems to be enough to keep things at bay between. Do you think that swapping a shake for a bar is bad? My dietician said is fine but I wonder if some how the food won't pass through the same way the shakes do. More calorie absorption ?

Congrats! I hope I can tolerate as well as you in September. I'm not sure if my PreOp is strictly liquids or I can have a meal a day and primarily shakes/liquids. I have conflicting info so I'm not going to worry about which until it's time. Fretting will get me nowhere

Sent from my SM-G935V using the BariatricPal App

The pre-op diet I didn't mind either, in fact I felt good due to my eating more basic foods (without all of the preservatives and additives) and without all of the simple carbs I normally ate.

I wish I could even have just a Protein shake today, I can't eat any food, only Clear Liquids, in preparation for a colonoscopy tomorrow :angry:.

(No, they will not be looking for my head. :))

I can't say I had the say I had the same experience. Pre op was the hardest part for me. With that said I think this is a strong indicator your head is in the game and you are committed to the process. As a result your post op will be an easy transition. Good luck!

So weird to say this but I am actually enjoying the pre op diet. I feel great! It's a cleansing sort of experience. I had horrible detox headaches and fatigue for 3 days but now I am going so well. It has been 6 days and I am down 8.8 pounds!! Stoked

I am even eating a meal at dinner and having random Protein Snacks - even though I am not probably not supposed to (The Dr's booklet pushes veggies for dinner, but I add 100g of protein). However, I am feeling great, losing weight and just enjoying this phase where I am literally cleansing my body of all the crap I have been eating lately. I had a lapband at one stage but it's been out for 4 years. I could not keep the weight off, despite doing gym training and eating very well, and then I fell pregnant and my weight has just spiralled since having the baby.

Anyway, long story short, I ENJOY eating well and exercising, so I hope the sleeve can really push my body back into the weight loss phase and I really hope to be fit and healthy again soon.

Thanks for your post. I don't have a surgery date yet, but nevertheless I've still been anxious about the 2 week pre-op diet. Your post has given me a new perspective. I focusing on loosing as much weight as possible and the 2 week pre-op would be the last final kick off. Now I can also see this period as a cleansing and detoxification for my body. I love my body and detoxification is a way of pampering me. Again THANK YOU :D

Thanks to the supportive people! I am starting to get a bit impatient now -- just wanting my op to happen! It's 6 days away, so I am really eager for it just to happen.

The cleansing part of this is what is making me feel good - I went downhill a bit with eating as I was overseas in May.

Thanks again!

Wish I had your doctor/dietician.

My preop diet was Water & broth. Lost 10 pounds in a week but I did not find enjoyable in the least.

My preop will be 5 shakes a day OR

4 shakes and 1 broth/protein drink with 64-128 Ozs. of Water

I may not like it as well as you

Edited by Shrinkinqtpi