Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crazy Ates: GET TO KNOW ME!! How Did I Get Here?

Sara -- forget about "young and inexperienced" -- I'm just so happy for you being banded, and eradicating the encumberance of obesity from your future so all those dreams you have won't be deterred at all!!!

Congrats and thanks for letting us "GET TO KNOW YOU!"

I WAS BORN IN: San Angelo, Tx

AND GREW UP IN: San Angelo and Abilene, Tx

I MOVED AWAY FROM HOME WHEN/BECAUSE: When I got married

SINCE THEN I'VE LIVED: Irving, Tx ; Lewisville, Tx and Royse City, Tx

I TRAVEL AS OFTEN: Health has prevented much travel. But I expect that to change soon

FARTHEST I'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME IS: Probably YellowStone.

BEST VACATION EVER, THAT I'D REPEAT IN A HEARTBEAT: either YellowStone or Smokey Mountains

WORST VACATION EVER, THAT WILL HAUNT ME TIL I DIE: All my vacations have been great. Just getting away and seeing new things

DREAM VACATION IF TIME AND MONEY WERE NO OBJECT: Alaska

SPECIAL PLACE I NEVER GET TIRED OF GOING BACK TO: Anywhere my granddaughers are at is my special place__________________

(hope I did this right!!!)

Hey SES, welcome and best of luck to you. I think it is wonderful that you are going to resolve the weight problem now rather than later. I've spent my whole adult life going up and down the scale and always being consumed (and controlled) by weight issues. I wish this had been an option for me years ago. You're off to a great start. Keep coming here for all the support you need. You can do this. Becky

I WAS BORN IN: Detroit, Michigan

AND GREW UP IN: St. Clair Shores, Michigan

I MOVED AWAY FROM HOME WHEN/BECAUSE: At 19 I didn't see eye to eye with father and had an opportunity to live with my Aunt.

SINCE THEN I'VE LIVED: Always in suburbs of Detroit... Warren (4 years), Clinton Township (1 year), Roseville (16 years)

I TRAVEL AS OFTEN: I love to travel, unfortunately my husband doesn't. Luckily, my sister and her husband will often ask my sons and I to accompany them on trips.

FARTHEST I'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME IS: Alaska when I was 5.

BEST VACATION EVER, THAT I'D REPEAT IN A HEARTBEAT: We just got back from staying in Sherwood Point Lighthouse in Door County, Wisconsin! It was incredible!!!!! The other favorite was a Western Caribbean cruise with my three sisters, our husbands and 3 other couples.

WORST VACATION EVER, THAT WILL HAUNT ME TIL I DIE: Can't say that I've done this one yet.

DREAM VACATION IF TIME AND MONEY WERE NO OBJECT: An Alaskan cruise with my 3 sisters and our kids.... Husbands not necessary. We'd probably have more fun without them!

SPECIAL PLACE I NEVER GET TIRED OF GOING BACK TO: Sudbury, Ontario. I have about 75 relatives up there and it always feels like going home!

I WAS BORN IN: Monroe, LA

AND GREW UP IN: Monroe and Bastrop, LA

I MOVED AWAY FROM HOME WHEN/BECAUSE: Bad breakup with love of my life

SINCE THEN I'VE LIVED: Houston, TX Heber Springs, AR, Yukon, OK, College Station, TX, Carrollton, TX, Addison, TX, Forney, TX

I TRAVEL AS OFTEN: As often as work allows

FARTHEST I'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME IS: Bahamas or Nigara Falls

BEST VACATION EVER, THAT I'D REPEAT IN A HEARTBEAT: Maui or New York - anywhere with my sisters

WORST VACATION EVER, THAT WILL HAUNT ME TIL I DIE: Brighton, CO for Christmas - should have paid attention to the omens

DREAM VACATION IF TIME AND MONEY WERE NO OBJECT: Ireland

SPECIAL PLACE I NEVER GET TIRED OF GOING BACK TO: Anywhere my granddaughers are at is my special place__________________

dito....

I WAS BORN IN: Los Angeles,CA

AND GREW UP IN: Los Angeles, CA

I MOVED AWAY FROM HOME WHEN/BECAUSE: Got married....

SINCE THEN I'VE LIVED: .. WHAT a change! Brookly, Ny

I TRAVEL AS OFTEN: not as often as I used to... WE used to go every couple of months to little inns and B&B's in quaint villages in CT, RI, MA.. What a life!

FARTHEST I'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME IS: Israel (beautiful)

BEST VACATION EVER, THAT I'D REPEAT IN A HEARTBEAT: Bahamas, Paradise Island, The ATLANTIS!! That was our best most relaxing, fun vacation! We talk about it all the time!!

WORST VACATION EVER, THAT WILL HAUNT ME TIL I DIE: None and i Hope Never.

DREAM VACATION IF TIME AND MONEY WERE NO OBJECT: Back to Bahamas!!

SPECIAL PLACE I NEVER GET TIRED OF GOING BACK TO: Montauk, NY. We go for 2 weeks every summer but haven't gone for the last 2 summers... I hope to get up there for Labor Day weekend but of course we decided last minute... So wherever I get reservations.

I WAS BORN IN: New London, CT

AND GREW UP IN: Groton and Mystic, CT

I MOVED AWAY FROM HOME WHEN/BECAUSE: At 19 to go away to college Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va and lived in VA from 1996-2001

SINCE THEN I'VE LIVED: Roanoke, Va and Salem, Va before moving back home to Mystic, Ct in May 2001.

I TRAVEL AS OFTEN: I travel down to my friend Jen's once a year in Phenix, Va (about an hour east of Lynchburg, Va). On occasion I get to travel to other places.

FARTHEST I'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME IS: My mom, dad, sister, and myself went on a cruise to the Hawaiian Islands and Fanning Island in Oct. 2006. It was my sister and my 1st cruise and we absolutely loved it. It was on the Norwegian Wind for 11 days. Can't wait to go back again someday.

BEST VACATION EVER, THAT I'D REPEAT IN A HEARTBEAT: The Hawaii Cruise on NCL cruise lines. I like not having a set time or table I have to sit at for meals like the other cruise lines. Maybe we should try NCL for the Lap-band groups cruise next year.:biggrin1:

WORST VACATION EVER, THAT WILL HAUNT ME TIL I DIE: One of my trips to Disney World and Universal Studios. It was just my friend and my self and we went to all the places and rides he wanted to because he claimed it was his vacation. How RUDE!!!!

DREAM VACATION IF TIME AND MONEY WERE NO OBJECT: I would love to go on a Mediterranean cruise. Greece, Europe, Italy, Paris, etc.

SPECIAL PLACE I NEVER GET TIRED OF GOING BACK TO: Camp Spofford in Spofford, NH. I usually go up in September for the Women's retreat. It is centered around a beautiful lake that I like to Kayaking on but, I can't go this year because:

1)I didn't have the money after all the copay's from all my pre-op tests.

2)I would be on pureed foods at that point and wouldn't be able to eat anything while I'm there unless I brought it with me.

There's always next year.:confused:

I WAS BORN IN: Sun Valley, CA

AND GREW UP IN: Sparks, NV

I MOVED AWAY FROM HOME WHEN/BECAUSE: 12 because I was a wild child. Luckly survived and have no regrets only cause I am 41 now and mellow :)

SINCE THEN I'VE LIVED: Costa Rica (mother is from there) and now Australia

I TRAVEL AS OFTEN: as we can, hubby loves to travel

FARTHEST I'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME IS: Australia

BEST VACATION EVER, THAT I'D REPEAT IN A HEARTBEAT: Costa Rica

WORST VACATION EVER, THAT WILL HAUNT ME TIL I DIE: Mt Shasta, rented a house boat and our dingy sank, it rained (monsoon) for 6 days solid.

DREAM VACATION IF TIME AND MONEY WERE NO OBJECT: anywhere is South America except Columbia (to much bad media)

SPECIAL PLACE I NEVER GET TIRED OF GOING BACK TO: Costa Rica, cause my whole family lives there.

Maybe we should try NCL for the Lap-band groups cruise next year.:biggrin1:

Now THAT sounds like FUN!!! Count me in!

I loved my NCL cruise this summer!!!

would absolutely be thrilled to block space on any cruise line that you would like!! a travel agent for 18 yrs in skokie illinois (outside chicago) just let me know where and when you would like to travel....and of course I would join you!!! you can book quads/triples/doubles...inside or out cabins. anything is possible... you can write to me at dwtvl@aol.com or at supersweetviolet@hotmail.com and of course here!!

I WAS BORN IN: Philadelphia, PA

AND GREW UP IN: Philadelphia, PA

I MOVED AWAY FROM HOME WHEN/BECAUSE: I went to college for 4 years in western PA and then came back home.

SINCE THEN I'VE LIVED:Philadelphia, PA

I TRAVEL AS OFTEN: as I can with 2 kids (6 and 12) and a DH

FARTHEST I'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME IS: Hawaii.

BEST VACATION EVER, THAT I'D REPEAT IN A HEARTBEAT: My honeymoon 13 years ago in Aruba!

WORST VACATION EVER, THAT WILL HAUNT ME TIL I DIE: We took a train from Philadelphia to Orlando with a hyperactive 2 year old who threw up all over me when we got there a day before our luggage.

DREAM VACATION IF TIME AND MONEY WERE NO OBJECT: I would vacation for 2 weeks a month for a year to 12 different countries. I would have a private guide who would know all the special places I should go and see as well as dignitaries and celebrities in those countries. I would purchase expensive souvenirs from each place for my family and friends.

SPECIAL PLACE I NEVER GET TIRED OF GOING BACK TO: Home!

This was fun! I went on a cruise last year (NCL) with my kids and husband. We had a ball! Would love to do that again with just my husband!

Val:car:

I WAS BORN IN: BLACKSHEAR, GA

AND GREW UP IN: BLACKSHEAR, GA

I MOVED AWAY FROM HOME WHEN/BECAUSE: 1976 Married DH

SINCE THEN I'VE LIVED: JACKSONVILLE, FL; BATON ROUGE, LA; KINGSLAND, GA

I TRAVEL AS OFTEN: To my BFF's house in Louisiana

FARTHEST I'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME IS: San Francisco, CA

BEST VACATION EVER, THAT I'D REPEAT IN A HEARTBEAT: Traveling cross country from Atlantic to Pacific in our motorhome.

WORST VACATION EVER, THAT WILL HAUNT ME TIL I DIE: They've all been good.

DREAM VACATION IF TIME AND MONEY WERE NO OBJECT: Travel to all of the South Pacific Islands with my kids and gran's

SPECIAL PLACE I NEVER GET TIRED OF GOING BACK TO: New Orleans and Key West

FARTHEST I'VE EVER BEEN FROM HOME IS: We sailed Alaska's Inside Passage, in June, on the Norwegian Star. First cruise and we LOVED it.

BEST VACATION EVER, THAT I'D REPEAT IN A HEARTBEAT: See previous answer

I'm SO excited -- we just booked on another cruise! This one is next October -- I'll be 14 months P/O and hopefully about 100 lbs lighter!!!

We're sailing from NYC to Nova Scotia with stops in St. John's, Boston and Martha's Vineyard -- it's called a Fall Foliage Cruise.

I can't wait -- I'm counting down the days already -- literally, with a ticker on my MySpace page!! 10 months, 21 days and 12 hours!!!

:whoo: