Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am such a screw up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how can i be such a failure i keep telling myself. i am 17 days out and i cheat everyday for the last 4. days i ate 2 mozzarella sticks, yesterday i ate some party mix, day before pringles, and cant rember,oh yeah i pureed some chicken and even ate a wing. how stupid am i and i pray and try so very hard. i just hadn`t had food in a month and i wonder why i only lost 8 pounds. i pray all day and night, read the thread that holds me for a while and then hunger hits so hard. i got my surgery in mexico but i`ll be in trouble and dissappointed if it slips. please anyone i need support because now i want to just cry because i`m so weak. what is wrong with me. others have a hard time but they stick to it. helpthe dumb failure someone or even if you have done the same as i i will not feel like such a failure. right now once again i will start. pray and do the best i can to stay focus but help is still needed. do food run my life or do i run my own. please anyone who is in the same boat please let me know so i will not feel as bad and just human.:faint::faint::help::help::help::cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:help::help::faint::faint::faint:

I just join this forum and I am so excited that I am here. Understand that you will make mistakes but you can beat yourself up that's what we did when we failed at the conventional diets. I have not had the surgery yet. My date is set for 9/17 with Dr Noel Williams in Philadelphia. I have been reading alot of the threads maybe you need to get a adjustment to restrict your intake so you don't feel like eating the bad foods and/or you can see your nutritionist to see what alternatives food choices. Lastly may you need to see you psychologist to ensure that your mental is in check. I think you just need to get back on the horse and keep on keeping on until you reach your goals.;)

thank you for the input i dont think i need to see any one its just that i get so tired of failing with this pro-op diet. i know we are all human and make mistakes but how many? i will difenitely try my best today and hear on out. its not easy by far. but i need help and motivation from my fellow lapdanders and pre-banders and i just so upset because i try so hard. thank again for the quick reply and i`ll keep it in mind. wishing you the best of luck and best success.

yummie--do not beat yourself up, we all fall off the wagon sometimes! Just get back up and get back on it, that is what really counts!

You will be hungry until you find your sweetspot with fills, you need to learn to eat better things to control it. Make sure you start the day out with protien it will help, trust me.

You can do this, we all go through rough spots! Cheer up! Good luck!

<p>Stop Breaking The Damn China!</p> <p> </p> <p>Sorry! But that's what my Weight Watcher's counselor used to say. "If you break a tea cup, do you go bust up the entire set? No! Just clean up that mess and be more careful next time."</p> <p> </p> <p>Calling yourself a screw-up and punishing yourself is like breaking all the china!</p> <p> </p> <p>Now, my first suggestion is, NARROW YOUR FOCUS.</p> <p> </p> <p>I don't know who all you live with -- the snacky things you mentioned in your list of cheating are things I've been able to completely remove from my house because my husband and grown children are all on board with helping me.</p> <p> </p> <p>That said, I can still find things I shouldn't snack on in the pantry, so I commandeered a corner of the counter for MY pantry. I don't even have to open the door to look for any of it, because there are 'boogey men' in there! LOL</p> <p> </p> <p>Same thing in the fridge! My clever husband -- when we shopped and I started pre-op -- cleaned off one shelf just for me. And it works!</p> <p> </p> <p>Last night he kept calling and calling my son -- they were eating out at his favorite place and offered to pick him up a plate and drop it off. He couldn't figure out where they were with his food! LOL (He's cutting back, too, at lunch, so he's pretty hungry by dinner!)</p> <p> </p> <p>Come to find out, they'd dropped it by about an hour before he got home. I was in the shower, so I didn't know they'd been there. Sure enough, I'd been in the fridge several times since then and hadn't noticed the large take-out of barbeque sitting just below my shelf of shakes and Jello!!!</p> <p> </p> <p>Maybe that'll help you a bit -- at least it's worth a try!</p>

Yummie, we all go through what you're going through. It's hard to change your eating habits but everytime you go to eat something just try to stop for a minute and remember why you got the band and remember that you can make the changes! Think positive. I'm a little over 2 weeks out and starting to feel the hunger...I just keep reminding myself why I got banded and that usually helps me to slow down and take a minute to think about what I should eat as opposed to what I want to eat. When you feel down just come to the forum, there are lots of people who offer support and can relate to our feelings...Good Luck!

I'm going to give you a good swift kick in the azz. Just kidding. Lighten up on yourself. Your still healing. You haven't had a fill yet. Your doing fine and you will get there. It gets some taking use to and when you get really good restriction, trust me, it won't be a problem. You'll know you can't do it and your band WON"T let you do it.

Just take a deep breath and say, I will be fine.

Hugs,

Sherri JO

agree with all thats been said - it's a life long struggle with food - we went camping a couple of weeks ago and I didn't eat very well some days, but if I had something bad for Breakfast then I'd make up for it by being good the rest of the day etc. I equate it to any other addiction - only our addiction is food, trouble is you have to eat to survive - like being addicted to air - makes no sense sometimes but that's what I have to think sometimes to stay on track and also the way my doc explained it to me is that humans aren't designed to lose weight, the whole survival mode kicks in and holds on to every stinkin' calorie - so don't get down that you've lost 8 lbs. or 1 or 100 - you've got to think "I LOST 8 POUNDS!!!" instead - keep up the good work - don't get discouraged - good luck

I agree with the others. We all have great days and bad days. I have a sweet tooth at times. I eat that piece and get over it. Do I gorge myself NO WAY!! I have eaten a few chicken wings and enjoyed each and everyone. Did I do that for the rest of the weeks NO WAY! We still have cravings. if you haven't had a fill yet, don't worry a fill changes the things you can and can not have. Good luck you will do fine. Just pick yourself back up and start over--call it a DO OVER. everyone has had this problem if they want to admit it or not. You will do fine. It does help to read the postings on here to let you know we are all battling the same thing.

wow everyone is so great and i feel as if we all are friends. i love the forum and the great people that are affiliated with it. if i could i would give everyone a big hug that has responded because i have no support at home. you all are fantastic and thank you very much.i run my life not food. i went out today and didn`t cheat. lol and i feel great about that also my 2yr old still doesn`t sleep all night and when i`m tired which i have been i crave carbs and thats a fact. when i came home from surgery the day after i had my 2yr old and not a break or even a full night sleep since then so i am exchausted. a good nights sleep will make me a new person and then i can stop kicking my azz. lol what would i do without the forum. much luck and success to you all.yeah for the forum.

Please don't beat yourself up!! You're human, normal, just like everyone!!

LISTEN .. bottom line. if we didn't have an eating problem/addiction... we wouldn't be here on this forum having had surgery for our "problem".

I cannot STOP thinking about food. I read your post about mozarella sticks and the first thing I thought was YUMMMMM i want!!!! WHAT a good idea! AFTER that thought.. i thought about ur post.. lol.... but sorry lady food RULES FIRST!!

We are all like that! I think the second i'll be able to eat more before my fill I'll be like you. But the fill takes care of that from what I hear. So hang tough. You're human. You have NOT fallen from the bad wagon. you may have slipped but you can wipe yourself off and get up again and again and again and again and again.

Please remember you're human w/ emotions and THIS IS HARD!!!

take care

Pemy

Besides, you are smack in the middle of BAND HELL time. You just gotta get through this to get your first fill. The only thing you really need to watch is not putting stuff down you that your body isn't ready for (healing wise). Other than that, it's gonna be a trial and tribulation for you through about day 30, when most folks tend to get their first fill...

i love this site. everyone is so helpful and lovin. after reading i see that im not the only one lately and the honesty on this site is fantastic. thank you all for the support and positive feedback. good luck to all and i will cheat as less as possible.and keep my head above the sky.

i love this site. everyone is so helpful and lovin. after reading i see that im not the only one lately and the honesty on this site is fantastic. thank you all for the support and positive feedback. good luck to all and i will cheat as less as possible.and keep my head above the sky.

hugs for you yummie

post-220490-13813135429343_thumb.jpg

post-220490-13813135429523_thumb.gif

post-220490-13813135429619_thumb.gif

YummieT, first don't be so hard on yourself. Start back today and eat solid Protein tonight. Tomorrow get up and have a cup of coffee followed by some protein. I start my day with a Protein Shake. I then move onto solid protein. Sometimes I can eat 1/2 sandwich. Commit yourself today! You can do this. Get on a meal plan. Maybe meet back with the Nutritionist too.