Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Liquid Preop Diet Journal

How are you doing Claramae? Are things going okay for you? I don't think I heard from you yesterday so I was worried about you!!!

Write when you can. Only two more sleeps until bandland.:clap2:

shelli

Clear liquids:

-Juice* (I bought apple and white grape)

-Jello*

-Broth

-Ice pops

* Not sugar free - for some calories

I also bought these whey Protein test tube drinks at the health food store. I think it's like 4oz - 175 calories and 42 grams of protein. They had a bunch of flavors - I got orange and raspberry. I'm going to try one tomorrow for some protein.

Still no change in my throat. It feels like there's cotton or something back there.

It's good that you did all those things around the house! Now while you are resting for a week, you'll be in a clean house. (like when you clean before you go away on vacation!) We did a lot today too - some last minute shopping, laundry, gave the dog a bath, worked in the yard, etc.

Tomorrow I plan to clean the house, wash the bedding, rent some DVD's, and load up the ipod with new stuff.

Hang in there ladies - we're in the home stretch!!

You are so wise for your young years.

Thanks,

Day 11 is over.

Today I ate only 4 Carnation Instant Breakfasts, 3 cups broth, 1 sf popsicle, 1 sf Jello, and 8 glasses of water.:hungry:

Goodnight Monday bandsters - sleep well.

Tomorrow is our last-----------------------

shelli:notagree

Hey Shelli and Candle--I too will clean house. Well straighten it up. I have a lady that comes every 3 weeks and she does the deep cleaning. This is her week to come. I must clear a path so she can get in house--lol. Well, really, it is not that bad. It is kind of like, I do my hair before I go to the beauty shop!!! Well, I clean house before my lady gets here. I know I have issues!!

I too will stock up on books and magazines to read and get some movies to watch.

The thing that scares me is this: What if after I go through all of this, what if all I can do is loose 15 or 20 pounds and that is all? I hope this is a stupid thought, but I tend to look at the dark side of things and expect the worst thing to happen.

Ladies, my thoughts and prayers will be there with you tomorrow. Perhaps we can catch up here sometimes today. Talk later.

The thing that scares me is this: What if after I go through all of this, what if all I can do is loose 15 or 20 pounds and that is all? I hope this is a stupid thought, but I tend to look at the dark side of things and expect the worst thing to happen.

I hear you on that - I'm sure it's everyone's biggest concern. I know it's been mine!

I'm so happy for you that you got insurance to pay!!

I've got everything done ... I guess all we can do now it wait ...

Shelli--cannot remember if I have replied to your post. I am fine. Just excited about tomorrow. I doubt I will sleep much tonight. I have to be at hospital at 7 a.m. I will have to get up at 5 a.m. to get ready and leave by 6 a.m. It will be the start of rush hour here and the traffic can get awful. So, it will be an early morning for us here. But, I am as ready as i can be. How about you? How u doing

Shelli--cannot remember if I have replied to your post. I am fine. Just excited about tomorrow. I doubt I will sleep much tonight. I have to be at hospital at 7 a.m. I will have to get up at 5 a.m. to get ready and leave by 6 a.m. It will be the start of rush hour here and the traffic can get awful. So, it will be an early morning for us here. But, I am as ready as i can be. How about you? How u doing

Tried to PM you but couldn't figure it out. Brain is just too tired today. I am doing great. Excited now and not scared. Saw some old high school friends tonight so they took my mind off of the whole thing sorta. Didn't feel like eating I mean drinking too much today though. Had to force down CIB shakes, had 1 Jello, 1 broth, some Water. Trying to remember not to get up in the middle of the night and drink a sip of water.

Claramae, thanks for all your support and advice during the last two weeks. It has really helped me knowing you and Candle are out there and experiencing the same things. You do real good tomorrow and I will pray for you tonight and I will definitely check in with you by Wednesday. Heres to our new life ahead of us!:clap2:

Take care:girl_hug:

shelli

Good Night!:notagree

Hey everyone! My name's Tiffany, i'm 18 years old. I go Sept. 21st to meet with the insurance person to fill out LOTS of paperwork and also meet with the doctor. My mother is also going, were hoping to have the surgery on the same day.:-) I've been overweight basically my whole life .. and I just want to be healthier and feel good about myself. I don't want to shop in the plus size section anymore. I'm really nervious about the liquid diet.:nervous My boyfriend and i recently moved in with each other and he can eat ANYTHING he wants and maintain his weight ... so it's going to be interesting how he's going to help me with the liquid diet. :phanvan

My nutritionist just told me that I was scheduled for surgery on 10/13 for lapband and that only gives me 9 days of preop diet. Is that still safe?

ok i am going to complain here because i feel like i am failing....i have been really good, i am on day 2, but when someone else is eating i start to salivate and get really hungry. I know that i am not suppose to, but right now i just ate 13 peanuts....i am sure that 13 will not kill me, but i am home and i need to leave here. My sister is having a pig roast today, knowing that i am having to go through this. The husband wants me to go, which means i have to go because the whole family will be there (which parents don't know about it) I am dreading today, i was told that if i am starving i could have a yogurt...a fat free one, so i am going to bring that with me, plus a toothbrush, so i get the taste of any food out of my mouth. I am going to bring my Water with me too (actually crystal light) Last night i also cheated...but 1 piece (2 inches) of orange beef, and same today with peanuts....oh boy...not doing good here huh ? well i made a pact to myself that i would not cheat again, that i can't have this done if i am cheating...i did think though that having the peanuts would cut down any hunger because of the Protein (unsalted mine you) I can't wait until i can eat my peanuts again!! (seems to be a new thing with me!)

ok day 2 here and i cheated already...i was doomed, i was set up for failure. Went to my sister's pig roast she had, i did great until 6 pm. I found myself almost crying because of all the food that was sooo tempting. I ended up wanting to start again today. Here is my confession list: 2 little pig in blankets, 1 (2x2) buffalo chicken puff pastery thing, 1 meatball, 3 chips w/dip, 1 piece cheese cake, 1 cupcake, 1/2 cookie. All and all i did bad...but i could have done worse. I am glad that when i was overly tempted i still controlled myself. I did a bad thing, although still proud i limited myself too.

I am new to all of this and feel really lost. My surgeons assistant told me to do 2 liquid diet drinks per day, and one small meal. I start tomorrow. I bought slim fast low carb. Am I doing it right? My doctor is great but not a lot of pre info. Thanks for any input as I am really nervous.