Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@goaldigger33

@@chycky

My surgeon was Dr. Nain. I can honestly say that my experience was great working with the staff at Inova Fair Oaks. Dr. Nain is caring and took his time to explain the different procedures and answer questions. He has a nice disposition and is approachable. The coordinator Pam is wonderful and is always gracious when answering questions. Overall the staff in the office were all helpful and contributed to the great experience I had. They are professional, caring and helpful.

Good luck goaldigger33 I think you will be pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm in Bowie MD. Had my sleeve done in 2010, and revised it to the SADIS/SIPS/Loop DS August 12, 2016. Couldn't be happier with either decision. I've recorded my whole journey since 2010 on YouTube - cecelialane.

So happy to see so many newbies taking this amazing step to a better, happier, healthier u! Congrats everyone and best of luck - be sure to enjoy the ride!!

Edited by wlssuccess

@@NewLA thank you! I will look at their sites for info. Do you like the meetings that you attend so far?

I enjoy the Silver Spring one....it's a tad tricky because most of the patients are Kaiser and I don't have there guidelines, Im committed to attend support groups for the first year, so I'm going to check out the new one at Southern MD hospital that is right near my house.

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

@@Elle09 @@goaldigger33 I had dr moazzez!!! June 2016. I liked him a lot. Esp like his nurse kim. The practice is very nice and professional. Pam is wonderful and walks you through insurance. Highly recommend. He is very open and approachable.

Thank you so much!! I'm so happy to hear you had a great experience! I'm really excited to get this process started

@@goaldigger33

@@chycky

My surgeon was Dr. Nain. I can honestly say that my experience was great working with the staff at Inova Fair Oaks. Dr. Nain is caring and took his time to explain the different procedures and answer questions. He has a nice disposition and is approachable. The coordinator Pam is wonderful and is always gracious when answering questions. Overall the staff in the office were all helpful and contributed to the great experience I had. They are professional, caring and helpful.

Good luck goaldigger33 I think you will be pleased.

Thank you so much!! I'm so glad your experience was a good one. I've been wanting to connect to people who have been through this process so I'm glad I stumbled upon this post. So helpful thank you! I'll keep you all posted on how my appointment goes

I had my bypass on June 9th in Silver Spring (Holy Cross). Just moved to St. Mary's County from PG County for school. Even though I'm a Kaiser patient, I was pretty impressed with what was offered at Holy Cross. My team always seems to be on top of things and they are a bit strict which is good.

Sorry, I'm late to this party. I live in Northern VA and sx is scheduled for September 22 @ Bayview Hopkins with Dr. Schweitzer.

Maybe we can make a local FB group to stay in touch and get together?

The journey to be sleeved has started. Had my first weight loss class which is required with Kaiser and next is the consult at Holy Cross. I think the part that makes me a little anxious is not having not a full detail of what will happen at each appt/class. But I'm going to every class they say I have to lol *quick update* ... how are things going for you ladies?!!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Well. Congrats on making next step.

For me the classes were informative but kind of just listening sessions and something you just had to get through to get approval. Unfortunately. I would expect as results from wls show positives that the insurance industry will start to change but I am sure it will be slow.

Hi! I am in Waldorf but being sleeved at INOVA with Dr. Moazzezz on Oct 17th!

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Edited by bflyeffect7

@@bflyeffect7 I was sleeved by Dr. Moazzez in June! Best of luck! Have you been to any of the practices support group meetings? So far, I have not been free for any of those Mondays, but I am trying to make one if for no other reason to donate some unopened shakes and chewable vitamins!

Hey ladies!

What test did you have to have done before being scheduled for surgery? I know about the psychiatric evaluation or is it case by case? Just wondering

Test before surgery were sleep study, upper GI scope, I had a full eval with cardiologist, physical with PCP, chest X-rays, abdominal ultrasound, blood work. Psych eval was an insurance mandatory requirement. Hope this helps.

Hi! Bel Air here.. surgery last week at Havre de grace...university of md

Sent from my SM-G920V using the BariatricPal App