Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Crossing the Dunes

The beach was a deciding factor for me also, I went to the beach last year with my dogs and almost didn't make it down to the Water and then walking back was embarrassing and scary

Wow. I didn't expect so many responses on a holiday !!!

Deep inside I think I hoped just one person might see it and comment something that might make me think I'm not totally crazy. I truly want to believe my "life will change". I'm going to work on accepting and looking forward to it happening.

Where to start? That there are no holidays for the wicked? That holidays are when friends get together, and there you have 'em?

You have it partly correct, JoeVegas. Your life will change, but because you'll be making changes both in terms of your body and your mind and emotions. There are dunes with your name on them begging to made into anthills. You can do it and you'll have company.

Two years ago, I was you, @@JoeVegas -- 68 years old and nearly immobilized.

Today at 70, I weigh 135 pounds and believe I could physically perform again any activity or sport it occurred to me to attempt.

Mostly, I can live my life -- care for myself, clean my house, garden and mow my lawn, trim trees, shop 'til I drop, care for my loved ones, use any mode of transportation to travel anywhere in the world.

Have faith in a brighter future. Better yet, start living that future now in small ways. Today can be better, too. :)

Ok folks - here comes more sleepless nights in my journey to the beach. Pending the Cardiology authorization, my Surgery date is Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Ok folks - here comes more sleepless nights in my journey to the beach. Pending the Cardiology authorization, my Surgery date is Wednesday, July 27, 2016

WOOHOO!!!! That's so exciting!!!

Great! that's not too far off, I look forward to hearing about your progress.

Just spotted this thread. Joe...we all have our 'dunes'. When I had my WLS back in January of 2013, I was barely able to walk. I had a cane and was close to being in a wheelchair because my hips and knees were so bad. Now..I did eventually have hip replacement surgery, but without the weight loss, it would not have worked.

See the attached picture of me from last summer. I got my life back because I was able to be normal sized. I also though I would be the one person it wouldn't work for. It will work for you as long as you follow the rules. You have to follow the rules Joe. If you do, you will succeed. Good luck friend.

post-142630-0-66520000-1464966589_thumb.jpg

Good luck friend.

Thanks very much.

Edited by JoeVegas

@@JoeVegas, I feel for you, and July 27th will be here before you know it -- and the two-week pre-op liquid diet! I'm 8/1, so hot on your heels. Let's make 2017 the best year ever!

@@JoeVegas, this post made me cry because it hit home. I'm 46 yrs old and I haven't crossed the Dunes in over 26 yrs, since I had children. I raised all 3 kids doing various beach outing and many, many other things while trying to shield the pain of being obese.

Last year I went on a cruise with my husband and friends and was too ashamed to enjoy the carrribean because of my weight. After that experience, I decided to look into WLS.

I have decided that I'm going to have WLS and start living my life, despite what others say or think.

I lok forward to RUNNING to cross the Dunes in the summer of 2017 with you and the other wonderful people on this site.

Blessings to you as you continue your journey!

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

Hello, Friend,

I spend most "Striper Seasons" in Laurence Harbor, NJ. ---surf fishing.

So, here's the plan: :)

When you are ready to "conquer the dunes", let me know and "conquering we will go". Whenever you want---"The New Jersey shore beckons"!

You will be amazed how soon that day will come.

Keep posting , so I will know to be ready!!!

Prayers going up for you and your "beach bum" journey. :0

@@JoeVegas, this post made me cry because it hit home. I'm 46 yrs old and I haven't crossed the Dunes in over 26 yrs, since I had children. I raised all 3 kids doing various beach outing and many, many other things while trying to shield the pain of being obese.

Last year I went on a cruise with my husband and friends and was too ashamed to enjoy the carrribean because of my weight. After that experience, I decided to look into WLS.

I have decided that I'm going to have WLS and start living my life, despite what others say or think.

I lok forward to RUNNING to cross the Dunes in the summer of 2017 with you and the other wonderful people on this site.

Blessings to you as you continue your journey!

Sent from my SM-G920T using the BariatricPal App

Thank you so much !!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello, Friend,

When you are ready to "conquer the dunes", let me know and "conquering we will go". Whenever you want---"The New Jersey shore beckons"!

My surgery date is 7/27 so I'll have a whole year to get back down to the shore. I'll keep you posted.

Hello, Friend,

My surgery date is 7/27 so I'll have a whole year to get back down to the shore. I'll keep you posted.

I'm holding you to that!! I'm having skin surgery this summer, so a 2017 rendezvous it will be!! The ocean will wait...:)