Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NEW POLICY: Editing Posts

I did too dance with Fonteyn and Nureyev!!!!! No, I haven't been at the gin-wee bit too early. I wrote that post at about 6am. Really Mr KindaFamiliar! What sort of girl do you think I am? I USED to be a gin sodden old lush (sod the gin-just give me anything was my motto) but I haven't had a drink for 12 years. It's that old obsessive personality you see. I was the same with the cigs and of course the food. No, I am not going into my sex life just now.............maybe when we are better acquainted[emoji6]x

@@LipstickLady Now your other post makes even more sense - about people new to forums.

I too missed the drama but did get a chuckle out of the name calling that happened in this thread already. Seriously?

@@LipstickLady Now your other post makes even more sense - about people new to forums. I too missed the drama but did get a chuckle out of the name calling that happened in this thread already. Seriously?

Believe it or not, there IS often a reason for my rhyme. :D

I agree or disagree with this decision.

I guess I have another 119 minutes to make up my mind.:)

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

I don't super love or not love this idea. Sometimes I edit posts because I read it after it's posted and I wonder where I learned to spell or I somehow missed entire words in my post, so the time limit is effective for that. On two occasions though I edited a post way after this time and I would have been upset if I had been unable to do so. First, I posted a picture of my arms after surgery that I later wanted to delete, and I was glad that I could, and second I posted a long post about how one of my plastic surgeries might not have been a good idea, while I was hopped up on Percocet the day after surgery and freaking out because I thought I was going to end up with an ugly butt (butt is fine btw, lol). I was really glad I could go back and delete the parts that made me sound stupid the next day and I have often raved about my plastic surgeon (who is awesome) and I didn't want anyone to read my post and decide against using him, because I was freaked out about my new butt. Not to be the needy one, but do we have the option of messaging a site manager and having a post removed in this kind of circumstance?

Past that, I like the idea that all the wimps who start drama can't go back and delete their post. It's really much less fun for me when I read through all the replies and I can't read the original post. I think if you want to start crap, own it...I have far more value for someone who posts something inflammatory and then stands behind what they said than a coward who goes back and deletes it. If you're going to be a troll, at least be a troll that has a pair.

I had no idea I could order a new butt. Any other things we can order? Lol. Seriously, everyone posts and regrets I think, it's ok, we are human feel vulnerable or in my case are simply not used to standing up for myself rather than being a cheese stick roly poly rug everyone steps on

... Makes me think of a line from 'Orpheus in the Underworld' courtesy of Messrs Gilbert & Sullivan. Goes something like: Bound on a trip to hell are we, what glee!... Mind you, did dance with Fonteyn and Nureyev...

Funny, I'm hearing it sung to the music composed for "Three little maids from school are we..."

I can't say that I've danced with either or both, but Rudi stepped on my foot as we were both exiting the Met. He was properly apologetic despite his frenzy to escape the rush.