Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A year ago today

Thank you so much for posting your scar picture. I just had a panniculectomy within the past 2 weeks. My left hip comes to a point where the end of the scar is and the right side has a lesser noticable bump. The hips smooths out when I put on underpants and who sees me naked but DH?

I see a slight angle at your right hip. Was that more pronounced earlier in your recovery? My PS said he'd do liposuction to the area if it bothers me too much (it doesn't).

You look awesome, by the way. I'm so excited for you!

I had my weight on my right leg (I had a nasty cramp in my left leg the night before, and it was still sore when I stood on it) and what you see is actually muscle and bone. I don't really have any fat across the front of my stomach at all. I have some on my hips, but if I was to get rid of that I would look like a little boy! My almost 11 year old actually has bigger hips than I do!

You probably won't see the full result for a good six months. Swelling can take even longer than that to settle at times. The scar will flatten over time as well, changing the way the tummy looks.

And lets not forget that there is every chance you will lose weight too. That also improves the result.

Good luck!

Chick--Would you mind putting up your year after photos again? I see all of the two week after and month after photos but am more curious about the way after photos to know if all that pain is worth it. If you don't want to post it you can pm them to me. Does it hurt as much as it looks like it does?

beforeside-1.jpg2006_01150093.jpg2007_0405house0095.jpg

Before, after, and a couple of months ago.

scarnow.jpg

And the scar a few months ago (I can't find the one I took at 12 months post op, this was at about 9 or 10 months PO, the colour of the scar has faded since then)

Thank you!! Your abs/tummy looks fabulous! May I ask you, would you do it again? How has it changed you? Other than the obvious, that you look great!

Would I do it again? A million times yes.

I don't think it has changed me, if I am truthful. Sure my stomach is flat, but other than that, I am still the same person I was when I had the tuck.

You look positively svelte. Thanks for sharing your pictures. The transformation is truly inspiring.

Now you can ignore my post on the General Discussion. Thanks, I just found this.

I do have a question. Did you lose weight from the after shot to the couple of months shot?

Again, Amazing.......love the suit....

As always.. I LOVE looking at your pics and when I see you post points of wisdom I LISTEN! Thanks for sticking around the board and keeping us newbies in line :)

No, I don't think it has done much to change my confidence. That's why I cringe when I hear, or read about people saying "I will feel so much more confident / have more self esteem when I have my TT (or breasts, or face or other cosmetic surgery, or even losing weight!)" because it doesn't always work that way.

My confidence came from growing up a little (I was in my early 20's when I was first banded, a hard time self confidence wise for any woman) getting to know myself, and achieving in other area's of my life.

While it is very nice to be pretty, and have a nice body, my life is so much more than the way I look. And my self esteem and confidence stems from that.

~Tracey~ You are making me blush! Thank you!!

Chickie, you really are an inspiration. Thankyou so much for posting your photos! You really look fantastic and should be so proud. I am only 3 weeks out, and your photo's are what sticks in my mind at the moment. If I can achieve anything like what you have, I'll be one very happy woman!!

Nikki