Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well it's officially 7 days since my surgery last Thursday.. I came off my pain medication day 3 because I didn't like the way it made me feel. No pain, my scabs have almost all fallen away to reveal tiny neat little scars (all except the furthest left) and it's almost as if the surgery didn't happen.

The only thing I'm having trouble with, is realising that the decision i made to have this surgery was a little.. Quick. I'm 29 and I paid for my surgery myself.. Privately, so within the space of 1 month of deciding I wanted the surgery, I had the procedure.

I kinda feel like I'm not myself anymore, I didn't realise how much my life revolved around food from the moment I woke up to the moment I slept, I kinda miss it.. But I do know ultimately this was the best decision, I just maybe need to get new hobbies or something

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I went through 9 months of prep and i knew on day 1 I wasn't fully ready I think it's because no matter how much you prepare until you actually experience it you don't fully understand. I know some of the girls have felt the head hunger plenty of times, especially me. It gets better just try and hold on to why you did this and when you see the results your doubts will slowly disappear. It gets better

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

Edited by yescres07

No pain in the middle of chest for me...mine is mostly on left side....what did doctor say 2day?

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

No pain in the middle of chest for me...mine is mostly on left side....what did doctor say 2day?

I'm in the waiting room now, waiting to be called. I'll fill you guys in, in about an hour or two.

I get really sharp pains on my left side. My surgeon said it was the nerves healing.

one step at a time, one sip at a time, one pound at a time.

Yey, my doctor said everything is fine and I am doing great! He said I've lost 11 pounds since surgery. So I guess that means my weight was recorded for after surgery when I weighed 3.8 pounds more. I'll say surgery weight was 234 from now on.

He started me on phase 3. In a month, he said most likely I'll begin phase 4. I'm so nervous about starting phase 3. Is anyone else on phase 3 already? What are you eating? I need to look through my notes. He okayed cottage cheese, but do I have to blend it first? I forgot to ask.

Yey, my doctor said everything is fine and I am doing great! He said I've lost 11 pounds since surgery. So I guess that means my weight was recorded for after surgery when I weighed 3.8 pounds more. I'll say surgery weight was 234 from now on.

He started me on phase 3. In a month, he said most likely I'll begin phase 4. I'm so nervous about starting phase 3. Is anyone else on phase 3 already? What are you eating? I need to look through my notes. He okayed cottage cheese, but do I have to blend it first? I forgot to ask.

My doctor doesn't even start me on phase 1 till 2 weeks out (Monday)! I'm still on liquids, although I have tried some pudding and some scrambled egg and it set pretty well. Good luck steppin' up!

I don't start phase 3 for 5 more days. The list that they gave for when I do reach it though includes: hummus, refried Beans, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, Beans, peas, eggs, chicken, tuna. Everything has to be pureed though.

one step at a time, one sip at a time, one pound at a time.

I have successfully eaten 1/4 cup of mashed potatoes. It took me an hour. IT WAS SO GOOD!

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I am so jealous! I have another week before I can start eating sod food. I am looking forward to cottage cheese. I have been back at work and feel a little weak but not terrible. Someone brought in Krispy Creme doughnuts. It was easier than I thought to not want to eat one! I was shocked.

Yummmm, mashed potatoes does sound good, but I don't think that is on my diet for a long time....what I'm craving most is Pasta, that has always been my downfall!

Yummmm, mashed potatoes does sound good, but I don't think that is on my diet for a long time....what I'm craving most is Pasta, that has always been my downfall!

Oh no! Don't fall into the Pasta quick sand!!! Maybe you should avoid it as long as you can since it's your weakness? Aww.. now I want pasta.. mmmm

@ did you ever figure out those chest pains? I'm having some today n I am just miserable

@ did you ever figure out those chest pains? I'm having some today n I am just miserable

My doctor told me it was just gas and moving around more will help.

I'm no doctor but, I do know my body. The night before, when I had the pain, I slept on my side.. but the last two nights, I slept on my back. No chest pain at all! What I think happened, my wounds from inside are still tender and when I slept on my side, maybe I put too much pressure on it (I'm not skinny yet hehehe) which caused it to hurt and feel sore. Also, I bought a real tight sports bra that is giving the girls some very good support. So that is something else keeping the pressure off my chest.

Again, I'm just guessing because I know my body. I know what gas feels like and this wasn't gas.

I'm May 26th... Feeling much better today. feelings are still on the over the place. Start weight 227 surgery date was 183. I got the RNY