Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waist trainers.....what's the scoop?

@@losergrl75

You can find good snapback tips in a lot of mom groups, the stripper groups have the best skin tips, but those groups aren't always easy to find or be in if you aren't a stripper :D . I have some black spa plastic wrap, it does help if you can wear it under stuff, but its so hard to put on myself and I rarely have anyone around to help me. You can just wrap yourself with Albolene and saran wrap but its better if you put something other the saran wrap because it will slip or roll.

I have this http://www.amazon.com/Osmotic-Plastic-Cellulite-Burning-osmotica/dp/B014Q6PHAG?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 a lot sites sell the same things for $25. It is slightly thicker than saran wrap, but I don't think it is a huge improvement.

I'll just be happy to not have a huge bloated tummy in front of me anymore. If I have hanging skin, so be it. My husband and I have already talked about it. It doesn't bother him as long as I'm healthy. Besides, I don't know that I would do plastics unless the skin was really causing me some problems. It just looks so painful when I've watched skin removal surgery on TV.

I thought the same thing before surgery.. I even didn't think my friend needed skin removal surgery before she had hers.. now that I have it, I feel differently though. I could fit almost 2 sizes smaller if I had a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

I'm still losing weight, and I truly didn't think I would consider plastics...the rny was my 2nd surgery, c-section 13 months earlier was my first...surgery always scared me and I thought "no way will I risk that for nice belly"...lol my tune is rapidly changing. I can so clearly see my smaller body under my bigger skin, having to choose more forgiving fabric cause my upper arms and thighs are pretty huge. It sucks...I remember being younger and being in-between sizes and having to go up a size, and now I'm much smaller and have to go up a size cause of the extra skin! But I won't seriously consider plastics until I've built more definition.

I bought one very nice stupid waist trainer from Hourglass Angel when I was pre-op, nearly 40 pounds ago. Could barely squeeze into it, used it a handful of times and then banished it to the bottom of the lingerie drawer.

That said I pulled it out today and put it on and OMG it is so comfortable. It's obviously not tight enough for any "waist training" benefit but it's got me in a perfect posture all day and I look so nice and smooth under my t shirt. I have been slouching which caused me some discomfort and my flabby stomach skin had been flapping about and this is solving both those issues in a way my Spanx have been failing.

Kind of loving it. Had to share!