Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So now that I'm maintaining a healthy size, I have an issue.

I used to literally hate hate hate shopping. Now I actually think I could become addicted if only I had the budget to support that addiction.

I could spend all day, every day simply trying on and buying new clothing. It is my favorite thing to do,

Who knew this would happen and I am just getting started! I cannot imagine being post goal weight for 2 years!! I have a hard time purging items that I love and fit me great.

This is Lind of funny but I had a gorgeous sleeveless designer top when I was 310lbs. I absolutely loved this top and didn't want to get rid of it. I even thought I could get it Tailored from a size 26 to a size 10/12.

I finally gave in two weeks ago and put it in the goodwill pile.

I was sad but hubby promised if I got rid of it, he would let me go shopping. That top made it off the hanger and into the goodwill pile in less than a second. He laughed at me! I ended up buying 2 new complete outfits - Calvin Klein and Ann Klein. I love how their stuff fits me.

Thanks Lipstick Lady, I have had a great laugh reading these posts, you shopaholics! I am not very interested in fashion, mostly because i could never find anything to fit me. I have my basic wedding, funerals and births outfits but am looking forward to a jeans and t shirts ki d of lifestyle. My problem is that I am as tall as a giraffe and so my skinny is your fat in weight. I no longer fit the plus sizes but also dont quite make the normal sizes. I managed one pair of skinny jeans from Levis of all brands. Maybe a nudist colony?

@@FinallyFree! Have you tried LongTallSally mail order? Great jeans!

@@LipstickLady

I have to see photos of your closet. My goal reward was a closet make over. I had my hubby hang a crystal chandelier.

As a normal thin person, Not changing sizes helps me stay in maintenance. I don't want to replace my clothing because of weight gain.(see me justify my shopping addiction)

I'm recently fell in love with Italian clothing. Simple with a statement piece (like shoes). A bit sophisticated to sexy. Summer clothing is unbelievably fun. No more hiding and covering up.(except for my loose skin areas)

I have to confess the bottom row of my closet contains compression running shirts. My favorite second hand find was a pair of Betty Rides snowboarding pants.

I'm not sure when my shopping will slow down. I'm making up for lost time. My clothing options were so limited before.

Wow! Rent the runway sounds like a cool site!

it's so funny to read these posts about shopping,, My daughter says shopping has become my new addiction.. I always had a shoe and handbag issue. my closet is full of them. I have donated some to hospice . my shoe size went from a 5 1/2 to 5

so the 5 1/2-6 shoes were sent to hospice. everytime I go into a store even Walmart I find myself looking at clothes. I have been going to a yoga class recently so of course I had to buy yoga pants and more shirts to go with them. But, after years of not being able to shop happily (always sad before I lost weight). I feel like I deserve to enjoy shopping again. I have slowed down some, don't shop as much now that my weight has stayed the same for awhile. My Best Friend and I love to shop together, good thing she lives 3 hours from me.

I have listed all my clothes in an Excel spreadsheet, tagged by color, piece, where and when I bought them, how well they currently fit, etc. I also keep a list of pieces I would like to add to the rotation, which helps me shop for specific pieces and is more disciplined (and less expensive) than just "going shopping."

OMG an excel spreadsheet? How have I not thought of that before. I am going to code a database for my clothing and accessories tonight!

Thanks for the idea.

Wow!!!! Will you make one for me???

6pm.com is the outlet for Zappos. The deals are amazing. @@KrissieLong

OMG! It's like the mother ship is calling me home

Im worried about this. Still preop but every time Im at a clothes store I look around and feel like OMG what am I going to do when my selections go into the non far girl section? Im used to the tiny section of mostly old lady clothes that I have to choose from. The misses/juniors sections ARE SOOO MUCH BIGGER lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using the BariatricPal App

Read it and weep:

Today I went to my favorite high-end consignment store and bought 6 pair of shoes in size 10. (Although I've lost 100 pounds, I haven't lost a millimeter in my shoe size!). NONE of them have been worn even once by the local Mrs. Gotbucks; the shoe soles are virgin!

* Tod's leather navy moccasins ($425)

* Beverly Feldman turquoise leather sandals ($120)

* Skechers Relaxed Fit Memory Foam ($65)

* Vaneli Attie Sport Shoe ($150)

* Vaneli patent leopard sandals ($135)

* INC International Concepts Rhinestone Canvas Espadrille ($99)

And I got 'em all for $200 (including tax).

Read it and weep:

Today I went to my favorite high-end consignment store and bought 6 pair of shoes in size 10. (Although I've lost 100 pounds, I haven't lost a millimeter in my shoe size!). NONE of them have been worn even once by the local Mrs. Gotbucks; the shoe soles are virgin!

* Tod's leather navy moccasins ($425)

* Beverly Feldman turquoise leather sandals ($120)

* Skechers Relaxed Fit Memory Foam ($65)

* Vaneli Attie Sport Shoe ($150)

* Vaneli patent leopard sandals ($135)

* INC International Concepts Rhinestone Canvas Espadrille ($99)

And I got 'em all for $200 (including tax).

:faint:

:sigh:

:green:

I'm finding I love my high end consignment stores and being able to buy clothes I love (instead of what hides me or is merely passable) and yup, my closet is getting a bit full. So of course I bought another really cute Calvin dress the other day! Hey, she said my back looked great in it - which I've been working like crazy at the gym...need I say more?

Surely I'm justifying a bit here, but:

this isn't like spending/buying at full price, and I turn things back in for credit regularly. (Other people get to look fab in it now!)

It's a non-food treat!

I'm still spending less than I once did on increasing sizes plus all the food I was eating.

I'm not seeing a therapist, (though when needed, yes) and these little excursions definitely feel positively therapeutic.

Even when I don't buy anything, it's still a rush to try something on and NOT buy it because it isn't right for me, not because I'm too fat to get my thighs/ass/bosom into it!

Would a hobby like golf or sailing cost any less? You can do this all winter too.

Recycling. Supporting local small businesses. Looking fabulous. Need I go on?

I can't wait!!!

After losing right at 160 pounds, I had to buy a completely new wardrobe. I no longer want big and baggy. I want to show my hard work. What's even better is that I get to give my too big size S and M and size 6 or 8 clothes to my mom. She weighs 30 pounds less than I do, but I have better muscle mass so I wear an XS or S and size 4. I have work clothes and some casual clothes. I also have to buy new shoes because I guess I lost weight in my feet too. I love to look at clothes but will only buy if it is a need or if it is a great deal. I do still have a family budget to maintain.

I have the same issue. My closet is full. I have more closets and plenty of space for more things, but I am not going to give myself permission to fill them. I understand about not wanting to get rid of things I love and are in good shape, so I am not going to. However, I find that the more things I have, the more it feels like I wear the same things mostly because it's easier. I think that's a fallback habit from my fat days. I also had great fat clothes.

So I decided I'm going to clean out my closet of things I haven't worn in a year. Even if it has tags on it, or if I still like it. No sense in taking up space.

My shopping has slowed down some - I try to be practical...but I don't always succeed. I do wish there was a high end consignment shop around here somewhere. I wouldn't mind driving a ways to it, since I already have to do that buy clothes, anyway.

Anyone in the Detroit/Ann Arbor/Toledo area know of any high end consignment shops??