Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery woes: Grandpa begged me not to have the surgery

if Grandpa's friend had weight loss surgery some time ago, I doubt he died from complications from weight loss surgery. they have perfected the surgeries so much today. things are done less invasive and they make sure you are doing well before you go home. If nothing else contact a nursing service, ask at the hospital for a agency that might provide you transportation and help at home. I live in Florida or I would come and help. It's important for you to not stress, follow your Dr's instructions and think how wonderful you are going to feel when you have lost weight and gotten healthy. It was the best thing I have ever done, at age 66 I was heading for major health issues when I made the decision to take control. Best of luck to you honey and please let us know how you are doing. If you have any questions there are tons of people here who have been there, done that. You will be in my prayers.

So I had my surgery and it was a success! My mom did take me to my surgery (got me there a half hour late then blamed me for not rushing her enough even though I did and got yelled for it) I called my grandpa after my surgery and he was being nice to me.I'm alright, feeling good actually although my blood pressure is a little high and heart rate is kinda low but I don't feel it and have been walking around with no problem. I have so much energy as well. Once again thank you all for your support and encouragement as well as kind words with it I regained my confidence and hope. For that I love you all!!!

Sent from my SGH-T399N using the BariatricPal App

Accidentally reposted

Edited by crazygoose

Ugh did it again and can't delete this from my phone. >.<

Edited by crazygoose

@@crazygoose So glad you are doing well and you had a ride (despite the stress she caused). Also glad grandpa responded well. Remember sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

@@crazygoose - So glad you are doing well -

You 'got this' -

keep walking

keep us posted

How are you getting home.

I am also in Florida or I would offer to help....

Maybe we should put ourselves out there in our local area - for other "pre-ops" dealing with ride drama -

If you are in Jacksonville area - I can POSSIBLY help with a pre-op or post-op ride, if given notice... I work M-F so I need some notice!

@@crazygoose glad you are doing well! I'm glad your mom was able to drive you and that your grandpa was nice to you. Sometimes people say things they don't mean...hope that was the case with your grandpa. I'm sure he will be happy for you once you start losing weight and feeling better.

So happy to hear all went well. As others have said: sip, sip, sip and walk, walk, walk. I hope you don't have any trouble getting a ride home at this point. Maybe now that the surgery is over and there is no going back, your mom and grandpa will choose to focus on the future instead of continuing to give you a hard time.

Yay! So glad you are feeling well and doing well and glad everything sort of worked itself out for you. Remember we are here if you need us :)

Yay! So glad you are feeling well and doing well and glad everything sort of worked itself out for you. Remember we are here if you need us :)

So I had my surgery and it was a success! My mom did take me to my surgery (got me there a half hour late then blamed me for not rushing her enough even though I did and got yelled for it) I called my grandpa after my surgery and he was being nice to me.I'm alright, feeling good actually although my blood pressure is a little high and heart rate is kinda low but I don't feel it and have been walking around with no problem. I have so much energy as well. Once again thank you all for your support and encouragement as well as kind words with it I regained my confidence and hope. For that I love you all!!!

I am so glad you are doing well. I am also glad that your mother was able to take you, even with the delay. She sounds like a real piece of work.

They won't let you leave on public transportation or even a medial van service if they're like all of my doctors.

But the risk is always there - it is major surgery and going under to sleep but ... rare.

I am so glad everything went well and you are on the road to recovery!

Welcome to a whole new beautiful life!

@crazygoose I know that family sometimes has a really screwed up way of showing they care ... especially if they don't know how ...

If your family is used to you being heavy and dependent upon them and others for your everyday needs ... and now you're having surgery and got your own place, etc ... you're becoming independent and don't NEED them as much anymore ... they are feeling left behind ... and sometimes people who feel like that, cannot accept change ...

I'm not defending ... because certainly there isn't any defense for their acting / treating you that way ...

but sometimes things are easier seen from those on the outside ...

hope you're well and congratulations !!!

@@crazygoose How are you feeling now??

Once again thank you everyone for your kind words and support. @Twinkle Toes I actually feel really good I had to ask the nurses several times if I even got the surgery and they said yes.

Edited by crazygoose