Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who else got sleeved on the 28th of march?

I actually was able to tolerate steak which made me super happy. Steak was one of the things I was worried I wouldn't be able to tolerate. Going to try meatloaf with ground beef next week.

I was never a big red meat eater so not that big of a deal for me. Never realized it until I met Mr and he commented on it. LOL

Now meat loaf..... I make it with 1 lb of ground beef, 1 lbs of ground pork and 1 lb of ground turkey - so not that much red meat in it to begin with. Goes down easy..... to easy in some ways as I find that I still want more but my stomach is full. LOL

I actually was able to tolerate steak which made me super happy. Steak was one of the things I was worried I wouldn't be able to tolerate. Going to try meatloaf with ground beef next week.

I have been struggling the last two weeks. Lose a bit, gain a bit. But basically stalked for 2 weeks. It's so frustrating. I know it's part of the process and I'm trying not to let it get to me but it's starting to.

The only thing my tummy doesn't like right now is almonds. Shrimp is iffy so I've been avoiding it for a few weeks.

I'm down just over 60 pounds since Mar 30 and lots of clothes are too big so I've bought a few smaller sizes. My wedding ring is almost too big to wear now too...so not sure what I'm going to do about that!

I'm also grumpy at times - the hormones are no joke! From fine to almost crying over nothing. So annoying!

Ok guys 2 weeks marks our 3 month! I'm almost 50 pounds down, but have went against the docs orders and have been drinking somewhat on the weekends just to de-compress a bit. Can anyone relate to that? I also have a brunch this Saturday and this is the first time I will be eating out at a restaurant since surgery on 3/28. Am a bit nervous!

How is everyone doing? Great? Struggling? Stalls?

I've had a few drinks too. I notice it takes a couple of days to start losing again. I think it is a catalyst for a stall. I'm down 56, pushing for 60 in 3 months. That would put me 10 away from goal weight (my goal). My goal is 204, my doc says 180s-190s is likely. But I already feel like a stud! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost 30 lbs since my surgery on March 27

My BMI was 32 when I had my surgery so my doctor said I will be a slow looser which is ok with me, I have 10 more to reach a normal BMI and 25 lbs to reach my goal weight :)

BUT last few days I experience some more restrictions to the point that I couldn't tolerate solids anymore, the doctor said I might have some strictures, it is a normal late side effect for gastric sleeve and bypass patients which usually start after the 8th week of the surgery, so he ordered upper GI tests for me to do it next week, if i have it they will have to stretch it ;)

anyone else experience something like that??

Wish me luck guys.

I'm losing slow also...I'm 14lb away from my goal weight which is 199.99999...lol...I'm so serious!...I really have reached goal which was to get off my BP meds, not be borderline diabetic and for my hearneated disc to stop causing a siatic nerve, fit in rides at Cedar point and to be able to exercise for more than 20 min.....and yes I've had a few drinks on two different occasions. I can't drink nearly as much as I use to...no complications...doing very well. and I actually like shopping a little...

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Kesha1020

reaching 199 is an AMAZING feeling. I just hit 195 i never want to see a 2 on the scale AGAIN! keep up the good work everyone! and keep this thread alive for months down the road as well. It is great support still to keep eachother in check and motivated.

I've had a few drinks too. I notice it takes a couple of days to start losing again. I think it is a catalyst for a stall. I'm down 56, pushing for 60 in 3 months. That would put me 10 away from goal weight (my goal). My goal is 204, my doc says 180s-190s is likely. But I already feel like a stud! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree it def takes a couple days to get back to normal, but on a couple occasions it has broke a stall for me because I feel i was restricting too much carbs/sugar. I don't even know if that makes sense, but either way moderation is ok. and congrats on almost reaching goal! I still have another 50 to go!!!

I was sleeved on the 29th I'm down 28kgs Since my pre Opp diet to date had my catch up with my NUT today she's really happy wth my progress I've had quite a lot of restriction recently and my Water intake has been bad this last week other than that I'm feeling really good I'm loving clothes shopping again I've found my passion for life only 12 kgs to go to goal.

Sent from my iPhone

Edited by Shell ????

I'm down about 70lbs since the two week pre-op diet. I'm getting most of my Protein through food at this point, only using shakes as a backup. I feel great, and exercising is starting to become super easy.

Ok guys 2 weeks marks our 3 month! I'm almost 50 pounds down, but have went against the docs orders and have been drinking somewhat on the weekends just to de-compress a bit. Can anyone relate to that? I also have a brunch this Saturday and this is the first time I will be eating out at a restaurant since surgery on 3/28. Am a bit nervous!

How is everyone doing? Great? Struggling? Stalls?

I'm down 63 lbs. I was sleeved 3/28. HW 291 SW 279 CW 227. I'm still 74 lbs away from my goal weight which is 150. I can't believe so many ppl are so close to their goal. I'm 5'11 so I may be setting my sight too high (or low lol). I've had a few minor stalls but mostly have lost regularly. I've drank maybe 3 times. I can see that there may be a pattern with stalls happening around those times so I try to avoid it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

We've reached the 3 month mark! Hope everyone is doing well. I can't believe I'm nearly halfway to goal!

Still having issues with pork products, so it looks like that might be a permanent no-go. Even slightly greasy foods make my stomach upset and go right through me. It's a good motivator to stay away, not that it appeals to me much anyway. The biggest surprise has been how much easier it has been for me to say no to unhealthy foods and Snacks. I used to have zero willpower, especially around candy and cakes. Now the snack bar at work doesn't even make me flinch.

Hair-loss has been the biggest negative. I already was suffering from thinning hair thanks to PCOS, but now my scalp is much more visible. Even so, surgery has been completely worth it! I can live with the thinning, which will hopefully only last a few more months. In the meantime, I've got a sassy new short haircut that I love!

Exciting we are 3 months in I was sleeved the 29.03.16 so far so good I struggle to eat and drink enough when I'm busy at work which isn't good I def do not drink enough but my willpower is strong not one chip or lolly cake or takeaway has passed my lips I've been 100% good and this is the longest I've ever stuck to anything with such willpower I cannot eat reheated foods especially meat of any kind

I can eat all meat just had my first steak tonight it was amazing

I'm 10 kgs away from goal and I feel better every week I have life in me again my rheumatoid is pretty good I've stopped some of my meds

I love buying clothes again and shoes and make up and I feel attractive after a long time this was the best decision I ever made here's to the next 3 months and making our dreams come true.

Sent from my iPhone