Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Did You Have Your Lap-band Done?

Where Did You Get Banded At?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where Did You Get Banded At?

• United States
    • Mexico
    • Other

I was banded 12/21/07 by Dr. Guske of the Kane Center Arlington Heights, Illinois a center of Excellence. Great Doctor, Great Staff, Great Program.

Dr. Trace Curry, Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati (area) Ohio, December 18th.

So far so good! Dr. Curry's staff are awesome and the staff at Jewish were wonderful, not a single complaint.

I was banded at St Francis Hospital in Federal Way, Washington by Dr Srekanth, I was banded on Jan 2 and am still angry at my Dr, lol cus he hurt me WAAAAAA, just kidding, since Nov 17 I have lost 48 lbs this would not have happened if I just dieted. Im still angry for no GOOD REASON just that Im hurting still and am a big baby. Ill get glad in the same pants I get mad in soon enough Im sure

Hi timeforme, at least he didn't remove your sense of humor:)! For aout 2 weeks after my banding, I had to use a pillow pressed to my tummy (port area) to get in and out of bed. It does wear off, eventually. Good luck and keep laughing. Hatmama

I had my procedure in Mexicali with Dr. Acheves

I was banded in Mexico. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Dr. and he is GREAT!!

He truely cares about his patients and is not in it JUST for the money. When I go to get my fill and I try to hand him money he tells me no. He wants to help people loose weight and be healthy and SOOOO different to the Dr.'s here in the US. My husband had knee surgery and maybe saw his DR. for 10 min after the surgery a year ago. Never calls to see how he is doing. Very sad how aragant the doctors are now and how they went into medical field with good intentions and now it is just money and we humans are just the money tree to them. I love my band and I love my Dr. who is a great surgeon!!!!!!

I had my surgery by Dr. Wellborn also. How cool is that? I think the staff and Dr. Wellborn are great too. I love the way he made me feel like it was not my fault that I gained this weight. He talked about the difference in people and how their bodies work. He is very caring and I love the way his wife gets right back with you no matter what time of day. I emailed her late at night not expecting a reply. It was not an emergency yet she emailed me back at 10;30. When I had my last fill Dr. Wellborn told me to call him no matter what time and he would unfill me if it was too tight. I walked out thinking WOW. I felt better knowing though that I did not have to suffer all night if I was too tight. I am so thankful to all these doctors that are doing this surgery to help us lose weight.

As soon as insurance approves I will be banded in Willingboro, NJ by Dr. Samuel Wasser :)

I was banded on 4/21/08 in NYC, Lenox Hill Hospital by Dr. Paresh Shah and my medical insurance paid for the entire procedure and hospital stay. I have since lost 17.4 pounds and 23 inches