Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had a very gratifying moment yesterday

Thank you everyone for your support and extremely kind words.

The folks here on this sight have been a secret weapon and source of strength, wisdom and absolute truth at a time in my life where these ideals were scarce.

I am a better man for getting to know you all. You have been a sounding board for my thoughts, planning and helped shaped how I felt about my life in general. I am so very grateful for the inspiring people here on Bariatric Pal and their acceptance of my erratic arse. I'm glad I didn't have to walk this walk alone.

The harsh realities of being overweight and the toll this takes on health, relationships and capabilities is all but overwhelming. My friends here helped me to see this and to help me embrace weight loss surgery and with refining a strategy that has been working thus far. You've helped me in much deeper ways, too. You've helped me deal with life during & after some initial success with the weight battle. You helped me when this occurred and I found out that even though I was gaining leverage over the source of my frustrations.....it wasn't a cure-all for eroding relationships and years of living as I had. It is almost as if I've been living in a fog for years....now it's gone and I can see with great clarity. Everything isn't perfect and ideal.

The wls is certainly a little bit of magic.....but it has a limited sway over the rest of my life. You, my friends, have helped me immensely with gaining insight on the areas left uncured by wls.

Thank you so very much.

What a great way to pay it forward! Have you thought about being a motivational speaker? I know you would be a great one based on your writings I read. Good move in using the company gym too. Just curious was anyone else working out there too?

Once I get further along.....maintain at goal for a while.....deal with the excess skin that's surely going to be there....heal and continue on with my progress......yes....I'd very much like to speak on wls for my bariatric center's briefings and seminars. I'd love to share my story with potential patients who are seeking a tool to get the results they are desiring. It would really make me feel good to answer their questions and perhaps alleviate some of their concerns and fears.

I don't want to sugarcoat anything, but to simply speak on my own experiences.....good, bad & ugly.

those are the moments in life after WLS that makes everything you go through, all the ups and down, that makes you beam with pride. I had that experience when i was at my lowest... Paula was my Dub. I did the same thing... i walk up to her and ask all those same questions.... she planted my seed of hope. You my friend planted your seed of hope... You probably will never know the emotional impact you have made on this young man. If it works out and he does the WLS... Oh man... the pride.

I have had two such seeds that were planted.... My friend Leslie..Every time she saw me she would say...Chrisy you look great... i would say Leslie.. you can do this i know you can.. Well Last April 1st she had the sleeve done... i was there at the surg with her and know it would be a battle because of the negative family members... but i kept encouraging her... she has to date lost 109lbs. I beam with pride every time i see her... the other day i was going to Walmart and getting out my car... i hear Satan's helper (girls scout) ask, mam would you like to buy some Cookies... and i hear a very familiar voice say... No thank you.. I had bariatric surgery and i don't eat that anymore... It was Leslie... she saw me and said... Did you hear that Chrisy... I said.. I sure did... God i am so proud of you.

My friend Jessie.... she had GB in june and has lost 115lbs.... i had dinner with her the other night.... OMG... She kept saying... thank you over and over... and how i inspired her... she is now paying it forward with her mother...

It's those moments..... Dub...you keep encouraging and inspiring... You are doing an amazing job... but then again.. i always knew you would.

These are two of my seeds.... I know they would be ok with me showing there face... but i blocked out anyway... Leslie is holding her pants.... and jessie is in the white jeans... (that was at 85lbs lost, she has lost 30 more since)

I don't begin to know how to thank you.

You were there in the very beginning for me. I was a wreck. I didn't know which way was up.

Your encouragement and insight was....and continues to be.....highly, highly valued and appreciated.

Be proud of what you have personally accomplished and take great pleasure in knowing the guidance you offered was taken to heart by the Leslies, Jessies and Gregs of your world. You were there for us and we are each in better places because of this.

Thank you so very much.