Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have a dilemma! Help please

I had surgery on a Wed, came home on Thursday and when I got home I answered emails and talked to customers. if you have no issues and you have surgery late in the week, you could probably go back to work on a Monday if you had surgery on a Wed or Thursday.

Did you tell them when they hired you, that you have a medical procedure coming up that you would need time off for?

I did not only because I wasn't even done with my clearances or know whether I would get the approval or not. I was surprised it happened so quickly!

I spoke with my Boss. And he Okayed time off! He actually said to me "Health and Family come first" (who says that?!) and said not to worry about making up any work! I knew getting laid off from my last job was a blessing in disguise! I thanked him for being so understanding. My surgery is set for 3/16!!

I spoke with my Boss. And he Okayed time off! He actually said to me "Health and Family come first" (who says that?!) and said not to worry about making up any work! I knew getting laid off from my last job was a blessing in disguise! I thanked him for being so understanding. My surgery is set for 3/16!!

This is so great!

Life is too short to work somewhere that doesn't put health and family first. It sounds like you are in the right place.

PRAISE God! I'm so Happy to hear this! I'm 10 days out and already seeing a difference. Thanking God every day for this surgery. I'm so glad it worked out for you.

Thank you! How are you feeling!

Thank you for asking.

So...the Good...I'm down 11 pounds, I see it in my face and feel it in my body, I was able to wear some "normal" clothes I have (Instead of the "I have no clothes that fit me...so I'm wearing yoga pants and sweatshirt every day" clothes), I can tell my husband notices and likes it, and I feel hopeful again about losing weight after being so defeated by gaining and not being able to lose.

The Bad...I'm hungry... a lot... it has been hard for me to do the Clear liquids since surgery day (I didn't have to do a pre-op diet), I'm tired (this is my second surgery in 8 weeks), I miss my food routine, and it seems like every where I look, TV, billboard, internet...show people eating or food.

But, truly the good outweighs the bad, and I feel so blessed that my insurance paid for this surgery. I now it will get easier when I can eat.

I am so excited for you!

This is so great!

Life is too short to work somewhere that doesn't put health and family first. It sounds like you are in the right place.

I agree! I was unhappy in my last job, so I'm glad things are finally looking up for me!

Thank you for asking.

So...the Good...I'm down 11 pounds, I see it in my face and feel it in my body, I was able to wear some "normal" clothes I have (Instead of the "I have no clothes that fit me...so I'm wearing yoga pants and sweatshirt every day" clothes), I can tell my husband notices and likes it, and I feel hopeful again about losing weight after being so defeated by gaining and not being able to lose.

The Bad...I'm hungry... a lot... it has been hard for me to do the Clear Liquids since surgery day (I didn't have to do a pre-op diet), I'm tired (this is my second surgery in 8 weeks), I miss my food routine, and it seems like every where I look, TV, billboard, internet...show people eating or food.

But, truly the good outweighs the bad, and I feel so blessed that my insurance paid for this surgery. I now it will get easier when I can eat.

I am so excited for you!

I have the 7 day liquid diet the last day being clear liquids. I don't know how that's going to work, but I'm going to do my best!

Thank you for asking.

The Bad...I'm hungry... a lot... it has been hard for me to do the clear liquids since surgery day (I didn't have to do a pre-op diet), I'm tired (this is my second surgery in 8 weeks), I miss my food routine, and it seems like every where I look, TV, billboard, internet...show people eating or food.< /p>

I am so excited for you!

I have the 7 day liquid diet the last day being clear liquids. I don't know how that's going to work, but I'm going to do my best!

7 days isn't too bad. Many people have a 2 week preop diet. You'll be able to. It's easier for some than others. I just keep thinking....keep your eye on the prize. One day this will be a distant memory and we will be healthier and happier in our bodies. :)

Thank you for asking.

The Bad...I'm hungry... a lot... it has been hard for me to do the clear liquids since surgery day (I didn't have to do a pre-op diet), I'm tired (this is my second surgery in 8 weeks), I miss my food routine, and it seems like every where I look, TV, billboard, internet...show people eating or food.

I am so excited for you!

I was hungry for about 10 - 12 days post sleeve - once I started on soft foods, very little fills me up and I am almost never hungry anymore. I hope it will be the same for you.

Thank you for asking.

The Bad...I'm hungry... a lot... it has been hard for me to do the clear liquids since surgery day (I didn't have to do a pre-op diet), I'm tired (this is my second surgery in 8 weeks), I miss my food routine, and it seems like every where I look, TV, billboard, internet...show people eating or food.

I am so excited for you!

I was hungry for about 10 - 12 days post sleeve - once I started on soft foods, very little fills me up and I am almost never hungry anymore. I hope it will be the same for you.

This is good to hear. I hope that happens for me too.

I don't think I would have been ready at a week. Pain wasn't really an issue for me, but just an overall lack of energy. I went back to basically a desk job at 2 weeks and would have preferred one more week. But if you tell your work it is a medical issue, hopefully they will work with you. Good luck!

Oops...too late. Haha. Didn't see your update :-)

I had my sleeve done on Monday Feb. 29th, 16. I took two weeks off. Right now, I'm glad I did, because I'm still in pain and is experiencing heartburn/reflux or something. If I'm not feeling better when it time to go back, I'm not going. They'll just have to understand.