Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you eat chocolate?

I love super crazy dark chocolate. As in Lindt 99% dark (yes, it does exist). Pre-op I would eat one square of the bar every evening. Its so intense there was never really a desire for more than that. I haven't tried it post-op yet. I'll be asking at my next follow up on Wednesday if it would be okay to try it. I expect it will, given that one square provides a whole 10 calories, 1g fat, and a miniscule amount of sugar (the entire bar has 1g), and it doesn't trigger anything for me.

I too feel chocolate is important. Brownies, and double fudge Cookies are some of my favorites next to Snickers of course. I feel chocolate has led to my success ! ENJOY

Steve, are you kidding? Do you mean success in losing or getting to be 378 in the first place?

Do you mean now as a treat, reward type thing? please explain, thanks, p

Steve, are you kidding? Do you mean success in losing or getting to be 378 in the first place?

OK Pedro, I'm just kidding, the truth is I find that a thread like this in a forum like this is just plain silly. I know you agree. chocolate should be considered poison to ALL OF US BARIATRIC PATIENTS.

OK Pedro, I'm just kidding, the truth is I find that a thread like this in a forum like this is just plain silly. I know you agree. chocolate should be considered poison to ALL OF US BARIATRIC PATIENTS.
Raw cacao is very beneficial to us, buying a mars bar is what is wrong. Assuming that a question is silly based on ur own definition is very limited in my opinion...and does not match the role of this forum by any means!

Just a helpful hint there are many ways to enjoy chocolate made with healthy ingredients like fruits, natural sweetners like agave and healthy oils like coconut.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using the BariatricPal App

Raw cacao is very beneficial to us, buying a mars bar is what is wrong. Assuming that a question is silly based on ur own definition is very limited in my opinion...and does not match the role of this forum by any means!

Just a helpful hint there are many ways to enjoy chocolate made with healthy ingredients like fruits, natural sweetners like agave and healthy oils like coconut.

Hmmm, let's see...BMI 21.8 vs 50.6.....now who is silly ?

Are you seriously calling me fat on a bariatric forum! WOW! I should know better than to answer creatures like u

Edited by MozzaWehsha

peace out

Are you seriously calling me fat on a bariatric forum! WOW! I should know better than to answer creatures like u

OMG, who would ever call someone "fat" on this site ? Not me. Feel free to like chocolate, PEACE

I read about people who say can't eat chocolate after RNY, and some why eat chocolate.< /p>

Chocolate is important to me, can I after I get used to solid food, eat small quantities of chocolate or not?

I didn't have RNY, I was sleeved, so take this in context:

I eat chocolate all the time:

Chocolate Calcium chews

Chocolate Protein shakes

Chocolate Protein pudding

Chocolate Protein Bars

Chocolate PB2

Chocolate protein hot chocolate

Chocolate tea

You get the idea.

I even have had on occasion some real, rich dark chocolate (no cheap crap -- if I am going to eat the real stuff it is going to be good).

I eat chocolate every day. I put Hershey's unsweetened dark chocolate in my TVP Cereal every morning. I also eat a very low calorie chocolate brownie nearly every day that is made with Hershey's unsweetened milk chocolate. These are part of my daily routine.

Beyond that, I also enjoy dark Hershey's Kisses and Dove Dark Chocolates (I limit myself to only 2-3 a day) - when I choose to indulge I try to stick to dark chocolate. I have also had M & M chocolate candies (perhaps 6-12 at a time) and 'fun sized' chocolate bars on occasion, all of which I have tolerated just fine. A word of caution however, even though I can eat these things with no physical ramification, indulging will cause the scale to go up, and the purpose to having surgery is to change our behaviors so we don't regain the weight we lost.

Not everyone who has RNY can go back to eating chocolate candy, so just because I have been able to, does not mean that you also will.

Best of luck to you!

Carol

Hi Baconville.... hey eating that chocolate you mention, have you had any problem

maintaining or losing (if you're still in that phase) weight? I eat a tiny sugar-free

dark chocolate bar it's 35 calories... but at least gives that chocolate

satisfaction. I'm still at around 850 calories a day in weight loss phase, though this week for the first time

I lost "only" 1.5 lbs, which is a fine healthy amount to lose but not necessarily for a RNY patient one month post-op...

hmmmmm...

Thanks for the ideas @@Inner Surfer Girl @@foodfighter78 @@Baconville

I decided to stick to chocolate I make myself its healthier, takes minutes and has no hidden ingredients.

I like the 80% dark chocolate with Cinnamon and Jalapeno's. it only takes a small bite to get the rich feel, the heat and satisfies my chocolate craving.