Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 days post op and ready to gnaw off my arm. HALP

First let me say that I'm not *really* hungry. I know it's in my head. But another week of liquids may cause me to lose my mind. I've been eating approved organic low fat cream Soups to help.

My RNY was 2-17 and I am following my surgeon's plan to the letter so please know I have no plans to cheat...I know the risks and they are obviously not worth it.

I guess my questions are - what got you through this first of many mental battles? What were your go-to liquids post-op?

Thank you!

Strange as it may sound but my taste buds feel like everything tastes so much better so chicken broth was like the best chicken broth ever lol. I ate lots of apple sauce (sugar free of course) and cream of wheat at that stage, with plenty of Protein drinks for my Snacks. I guess I never really had cravings.

I remember the feeling well :wacko: I was literally gagging down Protein drinks. All I wanted was a tiny taste of apple sauce. It was making me crazy. I stuck my tongue on a little bit and was satisfied and terrified at the same time. sugar free popsicles were my saving grace. Hang in there!

Hi Dawn, I used Protein Shakes, the brand Protein Milk shake Bar has a lot of good flavors. I also used Unjury, they have like 22g of protein and you can mix with 1% milk or Water believe it or not and they are good. There is also a drink by Isopure, I get Blue Raspberry, there is 40g protein in a 20oz bottle, it's very good. I had my RNY in May 2015. Good luck sweetie, we are all with you!

It gets better I promise. These feelings you're having, I had too. Just think of it as self control exercises. Later down the line this will actually help you to say no to other cravings you might be having. You're going to get past this, and it's not going to last forever. It's just temporary.

My go to liquid post op was Jello and Water. Not exciting I know but the jello gave me the different flavors and the water helped the thirst that I constantly felt. Like the other people said, it's the first step in leaning how to control you cravings and temptations. Just remember this phase doesn't last forever and before you know it you're on to the next. I'm in the puree phase right now and I'm sick of it. I go to soft foods in 4 days and I can't wait. I'm tempted to start them now but I then tell myself that the plan is the way it is for a reason so I'll continue to follow it. I wish you well!!

Thank you so much everyone! The support on here is amazing. I had some Fairlife skim milk with SF chocolate Syrup - kind of hot chocolate- and it was great.

I just drank a lot of milk. I was getting sick from the Protein Shakes.< /p>

Thank you! Yes, Fairlife milk is saving me too! I put 1/2c in my Decaf tea, 1/2c in my decaf coffee...

I just had my surgery 2/24/16. Today is the first day I actually feel human. I walked around Walmart to get my body moving and felt pretty good. Taking no medication as of Saturday night. I think that was worse. I left the hospital on Thursday and was doing liquids up until tonight when I had my first Yoplait Greek 100 Whips. It was heaven one small taste at a time. It took me about 1 hour to eat 4 ounces. I'm going to try adding sugar free applesauce tomorrow. I was so very bored with chicken broth, Jello and Frozen Popsicle's. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I loved V8 in the weeks after surgery - I would add some steak seasoning or some Sriacha and it was like eating a salad.