Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The wait game!

My surgeons office called and stated they submitted to Insurance yesterday. I plan on calling tomorrow to validate. I was told that the insurance company has 2 weeks to make a decision. They also said I am on target to still have surgery on 3/16. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. 21 days and counting..With a big maybe in my mind- due to pending approval.

My insurance took 21 days to approve the surgery once they confirmed the receipt of the paperwork. Everything was approved they just took a long time to do it. My surgeon will not even schedule a surgery until he has written confirmation from the insurance company. Good news was that once he had the approval I was scheduled very quickly.

My surgeons office called and stated they submitted to Insurance yesterday. I plan on calling tomorrow to validate. I was told that the insurance company has 2 weeks to make a decision. They also said I am on target to still have surgery on 3/16. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. 21 days and counting..With a big maybe in my mind- due to pending approval.

Still nothing for me ???? emailed the coordinator Monday, and she has yet to reply, which makes me that more frustrated!

Still nothing for me emailed the coordinator Monday, and she has yet to reply, which makes me that more frustrated!

Maybe it's time for a friendly visit...?

I was forgotten by the insurance coordinator at the surgeons office & then she lied to me about having sent paperwork. I called insurance and surgeons office quite a bit & didn't feel like it hurried up the process any. So frustrating when you are having health issues related to the weight issues! As a result I have to wait until 4/20 for surgery.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Still nothing for me emailed the coordinator Monday, and she has yet to reply, which makes me that more frustrated!
Maybe it's time for a friendly visit...?
I live 2 hours away.

Call your insurance company find out the status from them. Sometimes the call to insurance company pushes them to review your documents and decide.

I was APPROVED today!!!! YAY!!!!

Call your insurance company find out the status from them. Sometimes the call to insurance company pushes them to review your documents and decide.
Calling them back tomorrow for the 3rd time.

I was APPROVED today!!!! YAY!!!!

Awesome! Hoping when I call tomorrow they at least say they have my paperwork ????

Sending a prayer for you!

Still not approved, but I validated that the insurance company has the request. My surgeon is not concerned- told me to plan for March 16. I am not that optimistic... We shall see.

What insurance do you all have? I was just denied after I did everything that my team was told by insurance now they say I did need the 6 month diet or proof in past 2 years. It's been 8 months. I could have been doing it all along. Am considering going to Mexico for surgery now

I'm with @@Valentina ! Call your surgeon's office! My file was submitted on a Friday. I called the morning of the following Friday to find out that UHC still hadn't received my file. So, I called my benefits coordinator at my surgeon's office immediately. She resubmitted that same day (Friday). I was approved the following Monday!

Sent from my SM-N910V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by sassyfrass23

I'm in the same boat. I called 2/23 and insurance indicated they had nothing on file when MD office said they sent 2/17. I called insurance (UHC) again on 2/26 and spoke with the care management dept who confirmed receipt on 2/17. Case still in review but they did tell me the surgery date is 3/20 which I didn't know.. I spoke with a man who kind of pissed me off but I didn't say anything because I didn't want him to do anything to sabotage my process. I made the comment to him that "I just wanted to be sure the doctors office submitted the paperwork." He says to me "if you can't trust your office to send the paperwork when they say they did do trust them to do surgery.?" I wanted to tell him my insurance doesn't give me the option as to what Doctor I can use, but I didn't. So I'm still waiting. He suggested I call back Monday.