Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The wait game!

It's been a week since I got the call that everything was being scanned to be sent to insurance, but my insurance hasn't gotten anything yet. I started this journey in June of last year, I'm just so impatient and ready to start my new journey!

I am with you sister.. My file has been ready and submitted since 1/17/2016, I have a tentative surgery date of 3/16- which is only 23 days away- No approval yet...

Follow up calls, ladies. Don't let your file be the one that "slipped through the cracks". Politely remind your surgeon's office that you are still waiting for approval.

I have calls out to the bariatric manager, the doctors office and the insurance company. ONLY replies- be patient... grrrr

I have calls out to the bariatric manager, the doctors office and the insurance company. ONLY replies- be patient... grrrr

Keep calling, my friend. The office will "push" for a response just so they don't have to be embarrassed again by not having an answer for you.

Been there (office manager for years), done that, have the tee shirt that says so! :)

I'm giving until Friday then I will call my surgeons office and my insurance again.

I am with you sister.. My file has been ready and submitted since 1/17/2016, I have a tentative surgery date of 3/16- which is only 23 days away- No approval yet...

That's a long time, I'm hoping for a date that week also, bc my husband travels so much he is home 3/14-3/28 and I would much rather have it while he is here.

Edited by Bedwards32

I'm with you guys too. Hate waiting

~Jenn~

I'm so impatient especially when you are told it's being submitted and then insurance tells you they haven't received anything a week later.

Im on the same boat! But my insurance confirmed receiving my paperwork 2/18.... I am calling insurance daily to check the status... :blush: I just want to know!!! LOL

Im on the same boat! But my insurance confirmed receiving my paperwork 2/18.... I am calling insurance daily to check the status... :blush: I just want to know!!! LOL

I called my insurance back yesterday and they still haven't gotten anything! Emailed my surgery coordinator and haven't gotten a response from her, it's been a week since they told me they were scanning my paperwork to send it in. So frustrated!

The first time my paperwork was submitted it took the 4 days to upload it into the system! This time it was literally the same day as my appointment... I called today and they said it is "under review" instead of "pending"... But at least they have it... When it took them the 4 days, I was annoyed! So I know how you feel! :(

The first time my paperwork was submitted it took the 4 days to upload it into the system! This time it was literally the same day as my appointment... I called today and they said it is "under review" instead of "pending"... But at least they have it... When it took them the 4 days, I was annoyed! So I know how you feel! :(

At this point I just want to know it was sent, but I can't even get that answer ????

I hope you hear something soon! Keep us updated!