Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stumble at the finish line.

Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary and the 18th is my 1 year follow-up appointment. I was hoping to get closer to my stretch goal of 200 in time for that appointment. I had pledged to myself that I would double down on my gym workout to achieve said goal too. Wouldn't you know it, I caught a bug and have been laid low since last Wednesday. Dammit!

Obviously I haven't been eating properly, lots of Soups and fluids but not much Protein. And of course no gym time. I finally felt well enough to come to work today and went to the gym just to walk on the treadmill. I weighed myself like normal and I am at 214. Better than a few weeks ago, but far shy of that 200 I was hoping for. I am convinced for the most part that I will not hit the 199 mark unless I sacrifice muscle and I am just not interested in that.

Don't get me wrong, I will look great for my 1 year picture, I'm just grousing that the sprint to the finish turned into a stumble!

Your weight loss has been a huge success!

What a measly 14-15 pounds in the grand scheme of things!

I bet you look FANTASTIC and will hit your goal soon

I wanna see pictures!!!!

Your profile photos are amazing. I know how you feel though, at least a little. My 3 month date is Thursday. The first month I lost twenty pounds, the second month I squeaked by with 20 more pounds. This month my "goal" was to get twenty pounds again. As of this morning I am at 14.5 for month three. So close and yet so far. But the truth is I am still doing really well. I am to the point where even if I only lose 14.5 for the next couple months I will be in onederland by summer and that's amazing.

You've already done a fantastic job and you can get there. Sounds like you are doing it the right way with exercise and all, I would wonder if you aren't getting smaller, even though you aren't seeing a change in the scale. In month 2 I lost about 12 inches from top to bottom. I am pretty sure that number will be higher this month eventhough the scale hasn't moved as much. There is a reason we Celebrate NSVs as well as weight loss.

Take care of yourself and enjoy/relish the rest so you are ready to get back at it when you feel better.

pam

Congratulations on your success! I have a secret, goal isn't the finish line - some might say it is more just the beginning, so plenty of time to get rid of those last few pounds!

First, congratulations on such a great job!!! You should be very proud of yourself.

I always caution people about setting goals that involve losing a certain amount by a certain date. Weight loss just doesn't work that way. There are too many stalls along the road and for some people, setting a timeline can be demotivating.

Thank you all for the encouraging words, compliments, and of course the reality check. Yes I have come a long way and yes I was being silly in hoping for an arbitrary number on a scale versus just generally being healthy!

However, it would have still been kind cool...

I'll see if I can't post up a new beefcake picture in the Guy's Room Before & After thread after my appointment.

I am convinced for the most part that I will not hit the 199 mark unless I sacrifice muscle and I am just not interested in that.

I also worry about muscle loss while trying to get to my goal of 200 pounds. I need to hit that goal before getting my doctor to order another sleep study for sleep apnea. I just started working with a physical therapist for a knee issue caused by weakness in my leg muscles. I am still losing weight (slowly) and hitting the gym on a regular basis lifting weights and doing cardio.

Good luck to you.

Congrats on your wonderful success thus far, @@BigViffer .

And I always endorse beefcake pix.

:)

Well I had my appointment and got a glowing review from my surgeon. I brought with me my complete 2015 food diary along with my weight graph, nutrient percentage charts, and etc... I also showed him my revised tables for 2015/2016 with month over month comparison. Ever since I first showed him my data he has been excited about reviewing them. So I tend to bring more and more each visit.

My official weigh in was 218.1lbs. Just 4 days before I was at 214! After discussing that, he said he believes that my weight has bottomed out and now I will fluctuate around where I am now. The lowest I ever got was 213. So a 215-225lbs range looks to be where I will maintain if I keep being good about my diet and exercise.

Another topic that came up is BMI. I wanted to get tested to see where I am and he said he thinks that I am down to what he called essential fat. I am lean enough that the fat I have is just what is needed. Damn. That means the excess I see is all skin. He estimates that I am 17 or 18% BMI, which is good. But to be sure, I would have to go to another place and pay for it. He said that it was around $25, so I think I will go ahead and schedule that.

All in all, it was a decent appointment. He said he wished that he had more patients like me that took advantage of this surgery and took it as serious as I have. That made me feel really good. Then he thanked me for letting him be my surgeon! Now that made me feel great!