Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non-scale victories

I am 3.5 weeks out from surgery and had my first nsv this week. I took a trip for the weekend and was very happy to find that I didn't need a seat belt extender on the airplane! It was a great feeling. What non scale victories has anyone else had?

I am 3.5 weeks out from surgery and had my first nsv this week. I took a trip for the weekend and was very happy to find that I didn't need a seat belt extender on the airplane! It was a great feeling. What non scale victories has anyone else had?

Congratulations! This is awesome. They will keep coming.

My latest? I can see my ankles.

My husband not recognizing me from behind....and then the exact same thing happened with my boss! She walked into my classroom and walked right back out without speaking to me and when I asked her she admitted that she didn't recognize me!

My husband not recognizing me from behind....and then the exact same thing happened with my boss! She walked into my classroom and walked right back out without speaking to me and when I asked her she admitted that she didn't recognize me!

Wow that must have felt good! I'm just now starting to notice a couple items of clothing are fitting differently.

I put on a pair of jeans that I couldn't even pull over my thighs from like two years ago...with the tag still on them, over my leggings (it's freezing in NYC) and those jeans were too big! My coworkers were laughing at me saying the only thing that was keeping my pants up was my boots!

My latest NSV was this past weekend .... going to Senoia, GA where they film The Walking Dead ... ( one of my most favorite shows ) ... I actually DID a lot of walking ... and didn't poop out and didn't cry and ache the whole time ...

AND...

I wanted to buy a t-shirt ... and am thrilled that I can buy a size LARGE now .. and it fits perfect!!

Come a looooooooong way from the 4xl/5xl I used to be!!! :)

oh I so look forward to this one! I used to have to travel A LOT for work and hated it. To the point where I actually bought my own seat belt extender to avoid the embarrassment of asking for one or there not being enough in case I wasn't the only obese person on the flight. Although I will say that the vast majority of flight attendants were very courteous and respectful about this (especially the ones on Delta) and I've never been asked to purchase a second seat or gotten booted off a flight (thank goodness since they were all work trips). But it has always been a fear.

#1- my glasses won't stay on my face when i wear them. guess most of my weight loss has been in my face!

#2- my hubby told me the other day that i don't snore anymore! it was never really bad but he says i sleep so quietly now! :)

I realized yesterday that I fit comfortably in the chairs at a doctor's office. No getting stuck anymore! That was always so embarrassing and painful.

I have only lost a very few pounds in the past few weeks, but obviously my body has been shifting and shrinking.

I can also no longer keep up 2 of my largest pair of pants. It took 75 lbs, but my clothes are finally starting to fall off!

That reminds me. I went to CVS the other day and had to wait on a prescription. I 1) was able to browse around the store and 2) was able to fit in their waiting area chairs. I have only been using the drive-thru for prescriptions for the last couple of years because I couldn't fit in their chairs or stand very long.

A guy on a motorcycle was checking me out as I was walking to my kids' bus stop. I feel like I am 16!

I love non-scale victories!!!!

I've had to adjust my seat in the car because being smaller, everything is farther away. I don't have to lean to my left to buckle the seat belt.

I've had to donate a large garbage bag of clothes already, they just fall off and look comical on me.

I was able to buy regular boots, not wide calf. I'm loving this!!!!

So today I was happy to look down at my boobs and just see my boobs, and not see my stomach creeping past them.