Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long does it take to fall in love?

To answer the OP's question, it can happen in a very short time and you just know it in your gut. My wife and I met overseas six weeks before I had to leave the country. We spent every moment together and were engaged after knowing each other for such a short time. That was 14 years ago and we still act like newlyweds. Neither of us were expecting to meet someone and it just happened - but we both knew right away. I was going through a divorce and she swore never to date someone who was separating; our families were not pleased with the idea; yet we just knew and we persevered. We were right.

I believe in Love at first site. With that said, my husband and I started out as friends, but then turned into friends with benefits but never really saw anybody else from that point forward. We had both just come out of bad relationships and wasn't really looking for anything serious at the time. However, when I first met him, there was definitely a strong attraction and chemistry between the two of us. That much was evident. We have been together for over 30 years now; married for the past 26 of them. Although that initial love/lust isn't strong like it was in the beginning (as most aren't after 30 years) I still adore my man, and I know he still adores me. He is my absolute best friend and I can share anything with him.

So can you actually be in love after just 2 weeks? I think so. But, I would be cautious with your feelings and your heart until you are absolutely without a doubt sure that the feelings are mutual. Otherwise you are setting yourself up for a horrible heartache. I hope it all works out for you. Being in love is one of the best reasons to be alive.

I think it can happen quickly, too. My husband and I had our first date Christmas Eve, and by St. Patrick's Day he told me he loved me and was talking about how cute our kids would be in Aran sweaters at the local Patty's parade we attended, LOL.

Five years, two kids, and two Aran sweaters later, we do, indeed, have what he described.

Initially, it's that infatuation/chemistry where you overlook everything and you're in the idyllic bubble where everything is perfect, and then you settle into the relationship and realize you both aren't perfect, but your love, hopefully, gets more fully realized and fleshed out after you've been through some stuff and come out the better for it.

I would say the initial euphoria fades a bit, but the love is still there and grows in more mature ways with time.

It's all good. Enjoy the ride! There's nothing better than that initial crazy love/lust/excitement you feel:-)

Lol yeah we are already joking about how cute our kids would be and what type of wedding dress I should wear lol but it is all just in fun right now and I AM being careful as he has not said he loves me or anything yet

Well I wonder how things turned out for these two..... wish she would update!

I am eating my words....I am very enamored with someone I met just shy of 2 Months ago.

Hope it's working out for OP!

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

On this subject: Ladies, do you have to like the way a guy smells to fall in love? I'm kind of fascinated how this seems to be so vitally important in a woman's definition of "chemistry". I amazed at how just leaving a tshirt I slept in with my girlfriend can make her happy when I am traveling. So if anyone has thoughts/experiences on how smell helps you fall in love, maybe that will help the discussion

You have posted before mentioning scent /pheromones and I kinda dismissed it...or rather didn't relate to it. You will laugh when I say I thought of you when I realized it is true!

My love interest does not wear cologne and is very clean ... I would say he doesn't have a detectable scent. The other evening I was snuggled next to him and took a deep breath in and was conscious that it made me feel good. Triggered some kind of chemical reaction in my brain... so I must experience a scent even though I can't name it. I was already relaxed and content but that made me feel even more so... it made me feel secure and like I belonged there.

On this subject: Ladies, do you have to like the way a guy smells to fall in love? I'm kind of fascinated how this seems to be so vitally important in a woman's definition of "chemistry". I amazed at how just leaving a tshirt I slept in with my girlfriend can make her happy when I am traveling. So if anyone has thoughts/experiences on how smell helps you fall in love, maybe that will help the discussion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

I think smell is a very important part of the chemistry equation but I don't know what come first loving the scent or scenting the love.

@@VSGAnn2014 Hi. Just checking: how is your hubby? Maybe send private msg.

My husband certainly fell in love that fast. :) He proposed on our second date -- with a diamond ring. No s**t!

But the real shocker is that I said yes. (WTF?!)

Two months later, we got married. And for the last 20 years we've remained in love and continued to learn what love is really all about.

EDIT: I should add that we were both in our 50s when we met. And before we met in real life we'd also known each other online (not on a matchmaking Web site) and communicated candidly about a vast array of topics.

I hope it works out for you. And if not, I hope you don't get pregnant. :)

David and I met online in a common interest site (talk city, Jesus Cafe) 20 years ago this August. Neither of us was looking for love - but we chatted every day for an hour or so. By Christmas he was in love - and planned to meet me in February. He proposed that week and we decided to just get married. Neither of us every wants to spend a day without the other. Now, if either of us had been not honest before it would not have happened - but we knew when we met that we had been telling each other the truth. Somehow we just knew. we were in our late 20s and I think our parents nearly killed us anyway - but it was right. I don't think this happens very often, but it does happen.

I don't know if you have to - but I do like how he smells especially if he has been wrenching on cars. it is crazy how it affects me.

You have posted before mentioning scent /pheromones and I kinda dismissed it...or rather didn't relate to it. You will laugh when I say I thought of you when I realized it is true!

My love interest does not wear cologne and is very clean ... I would say he doesn't have a detectable scent. The other evening I was snuggled next to him and took a deep breath in and was conscious that it made me feel good. Triggered some kind of chemical reaction in my brain... so I must experience a scent even though I can't name it. I was already relaxed and content but that made me feel even more so... it made me feel secure and like I belonged there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using the BariatricPal App

That is almost exactly like my girlfriend describes how it feels with me. She will lean in, inhale deeply and sigh/relax. . (Lady thing, I guess)

He's tolerating chemo pretty well, and believes it will drive the cancer into remission again. We're being very present. Very present.

Love that man! We're so lucky. :)

So glad to hear it's going well!

He's tolerating chemo pretty well, and believes it will drive the cancer into remission again. We're being very present. Very present.

Love that man! We're so lucky. :)

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App