Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rockwood Surgical Group (Spokane, WA) Full Cost List

I think that may be for self pay. My total cost after insurance (UHC) is only $268!!!! (After my deductible is met- they have some agreements with some insurance companies that significantly reduces the cost and then I pay 10% with my plan) That is including the hospital fees... so depending on your insurance it can be pretty great.
They will send you something about a week or so after your visit from the hospital that says what your cost is going to be. ( I just finished all my pre op requirements- just waiting for Dr Rawlins to go over it and then they will give me a surgery date.. they said that once you get everything done it takes a week or so for the dr to review and then they are booking out 6-8 weeks)

Kim, that's exciting.

My consult is June 6th with Dr.Rawlins, and I'm doing my nutritionist appt the same day. They said the only other thing I'll have to do it a psych evaul and I can do it over the phone since I'm in Moses Lake. I expect to have my surgery at the end of this summer. Fingerw crossed! Also hoping it doesn't cost too much. I have a $3,000 deductible plus 20% of the surgery cost.

Hi,

I am a newbie, my first consultation with surgeon is Thursday. My insurance nurse/case manger seems to think I will qualify. What is a VSG?

Hey Trudyt623,
VSG is the gastric sleeve, one of the Bariatric surgery options. Your surgeon will go over what it means and any other options they provide. Good luck!!

VSGhopeful- I saw dr Rawlins too he was super nice and easy to talk to. I also loved the nutrition consult too, I was totally prepared to not like her cause every dietician appt I have ever had has been a rough experience- but everyone I worked with was awesome and super supportive. I over in Moscow (ID) so did all my pre reqs locally too. Maybe we will be surgery buddies!!!

On 6/1/2019 at 11:51 AM, KimTrim said:

I think that may be for self pay. My total cost after insurance (UHC) is only $268!!!! (After my deductible is met- they have some agreements with some insurance companies that significantly reduces the cost and then I pay 10% with my plan) That is including the hospital fees... so depending on your insurance it can be pretty great.
They will send you something about a week or so after your visit from the hospital that says what your cost is going to be. ( I just finished all my pre op requirements- just waiting for Dr Rawlins to go over it and then they will give me a surgery date.. they said that once you get everything done it takes a week or so for the dr to review and then they are booking out 6-8 weeks)

KimTrim, how long did it take Dr. Rawlins to review? Have you received your date yet? I am about a week behind you, so hopefully it will be a similar story for me!

TurboTorrey
I just got the call a few mins ago!!! My date is August 12!!!!
Took about 4 days for Dr Rawlins to Review and that was his first opening- maybe we will be the same day!!

1 minute ago, KimTrim said:

TurboTorrey
I just got the call a few mins ago!!! My date is August 12!!!!
Took about 4 days for Dr Rawlins to Review and that was his first opening- maybe we will be the same day!!

KimTrim, Congrats! That is awesome!

I am still waiting to hear if they have given everything to Dr. Rawlins for review yet, but I am hoping I will hear something soon. That would be awesome if we are the same day! I feel like I keep pestering them for updates, I wish they had an app like Amazon where you could see what stage you are in without having to bother them haha. Do you know if you got your date prior to them submitting to insurance?

TurboTorrey
It felt like FOREVER waiting- but was really only a week or so.
Yes, they give you a surgery date before sending to insurance for approval- guess insurance needs to see that there is a date to approve. I was a little worried about insurance but the gal who I was scheduling with said that at this point it’s pretty much a formality because the office goes over all the info to make sure it’s in order before submitting to insurance and they know what to look for to make sure you have a good chance for approval.
She said insurance has up to 2 weeks to approve it so we should hear about that probably sometime next week.
Getting pretty excited!!!

Had my consult with Dr.Rawlins and my first nutrition appt last week

I have to get labs, ekg, upper gi, psych evaul, and 1 more nutrition appt before I can get a surgery date. Hoping to have the surgery done beginning of Sept.