Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally! Plastics time! Tell me everything!

@@Alex Brecher knows some surgeons in Mexico, he should work us out a discount! Then we could be spokes models we'd be the "Bariatripal Beauties". I'm on a roll!!!

Oh, BTW what is this "best answer" thing all about? This wasn't even an answer to anything, it was just a statement.

post-237766-0-95246100-1454558749_thumb.jpeg

@@Alex Brecher knows some surgeons in Mexico, he should work us out a discount! Then we could be spokes models and replace that Unjury chick while we're at it! We could be the "Bariatripal Beauties". I'm on a roll!!!

I'm in!!! @@Elode and I are already sleeve twins. We had our surgery done on the same day. Might as well have our plastic surgery on the same day!

@@Daisee68 No worries about speaking Spanish. I've been to Mexico for surgery twice and don't speak a word! Dra. Cardenas speaks perfect English. Her husband's American! And you're right, I can show you all the ropes. I'm an old pro at Mexican surgery by this point!

When are we gonna do this? I can't do it before April 24th, because that's my half marathon. Something tells me I won't have any half marathons in my near future after a thigh lift.... :P

@@JamieLogical I have to go starting May 23 with whatever I do. Unless it's here then I can go sooner.

@@Elode -- I want to know what that "best answer" thing is too. I have seen it (albeit rarely) on a few other posts and often though that no, in fact, that was not the best answer. Maybe @AlexBrecher can tell us.

@@Daisee68 and @@Elode - the best plastic guy I know in Oklahoma is Paul Silverstein http://www.paulsilversteinmd.com/

He has offices in OKC and Tulsa. [note: he is the co-inventor of the burn treatment Silvidean, which he has never taken a penny in royalties for because he has always considered it his gift to humanity, and he works at the burn center for free to help people recover from that trauma...just saying what type of person he is]. He told one friend of mine who thought she needed a boob job "those are perfect, see me in 10 years." He is very honest in his assessments. He doesn't need the money, he just wants what is best for you.

So if you want my recommendation, this is who I am going to see next year.

@@Daisee68 It's weird. He should pop on here sometime and tell us. Do I get a prize for having the best answer? I'll be checking my mailbox!

I'm shooting for end of May, beginning of June at the latest.

Have you researched Dr. Sauceda? He's like an artist and gives people VIP treatment while recovering.

https://www.realself.com/find/Mexico/Plastic-Surgeon/Francisco-Sauceda#

Downside: it's in Monterrey, Mexico which isn't glamorous at all...

I'm also not opposed to Dr. Cardenas.

https://www.realself.com/find/Mexico/Plastic-Surgeon/Laura-Carmina-Cardenas

More reviews but not as good of a rating as Sauceda. But she is known as the "tummy tuck queen" so that's comforting.

I'm shooting for end of May, beginning of June at the latest.

Have you researched Dr. Sauceda? He's like an artist and gives people VIP treatment while recovering.

https://www.realself.com/find/Mexico/Plastic-Surgeon/Francisco-Sauceda#

Downside: it's in Monterrey, Mexico which isn't glamorous at all...

I'm also not opposed to Dr. Cardenas.< /p>

https://www.realself.com/find/Mexico/Plastic-Surgeon/Laura-Carmina-Cardenas

More reviews but not as good of a rating as Sauceda. But she is known as the "tummy tuck queen" so that's comforting.

Well, I am definitely going with Dra. Cardenas again, just because I had such a great experience and results with her the first time around. My Tummy Tuck is a work of art. Stomach is sooo tight and flat still, 5 years out, and plus 80 pounds, then minus 100. Plus I love how low my scar is. Even the skimpiest pair of panties covers it. I also think my belly button looks great and natural. I have seen some after pics of some very weird belly buttons from other surgeons.

@@NewSetOfCurves - I am SUPER excited you used this doctor and the info you provided. Did you do brachioplasty? Your arms and abs look AMAZING! I looked at Dr. Fisher's site last week after you posted about him. I really like the info he provided. You would think living in Dallas I could find a great surgeon here, but I like the idea that Dr. Fisher seems to be such an artist specifically with weight loss patients. You mentioned you went home 2 days later. Did you not have to go in for follow-ups? I guess that was my concern - driving 5 hours for a follow-up visit too early in to the process. I like the Mexico idea, but I just don't think my family would go for it and couldn't take off for 2 weeks for sure. At least if I was in San Antonio, I could fly them back very cheaply if I needed to stay in SA for longer.

@@Daisee68,

Thank you for the compliment. I am very dedicated to my weight lifting program. I did not have my arms done, but I do have loose skin in my upper arms, however you cannot tell with my arm extended like that. I am trying to build muscle to fill in the loose skin. You do have follow-ups. 2 Weeks post-op you have to go in to remove drains. He worked with me very well via email and phone (he gives out his cell phone number and responds at ALL hours). Often, if I had an issue (for me, it was just excessive swelling), he would call in a prescription for me and I would not have to make the drive. I saw him again at 6 weeks, 3 months and 6 months. Honestly, if you are not having any problems, you could send him pics and wait until your 3 month or 6 month post-op appointments. Not much was done at those appointments other than picture taking and discussions over issues or concerns.

My family would not allow me to go to Mexico. For all of the things I had done, I spent an extra 5K here in the states (based on the quotes I received from Mexico). For my family, that extra was worth avoiding any unexpected situations. I am not knocking Mexico plastics. Many people have great results and great experiences. However, in my situation, my family--especially my husband--were the ones who were really paranoid about that prospect.

You should email him and ask how he would propose working with you via long distance. His email is: drpfisher@yahoo.com

I hope this helps. And I want to just add that plastics helped me feel like I finally crossed that finish line with my weight loss journey. Although, eating healthy and remaining active will be a life long pursuit, I really do feel complete. Whatever you decide, good luck to you! And congrats on making it to this point!

Okay, stupid question. Have any of you who have had a TT had prior surgery? Like a c-section? I would have to imagine the pain is similar?

And on a side note, after having had a couple surgeries...a bit of advice, use a pillow to support your abdomen after a TT. I haven't had one yet...am hoping soon, but had other abd surgeries. A pillow, used to support adb when getting in/out of bed, recliners and on/off toilets is a major help!

Okay, stupid question. Have any of you who have had a TT had prior surgery? Like a c-section? I would have to imagine the pain is similar?

And on a side note, after having had a couple surgeries...a bit of advice, use a pillow to support your abdomen after a TT. I haven't had one yet...am hoping soon, but had other abd surgeries. A pillow, used to support adb when getting in/out of bed, recliners and on/off toilets is a major help!

The pain from a TT is significantly more than a c-section because of the muscle repair component. It's dozens (possibly hundreds) of stitches in your ab muscles. With a c-section, the muscle is just separated, which is painful and causes soreness for sure, but not the kind of trauma that all the stitches from a muscle repair cause.