Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally! Plastics time! Tell me everything!

All the best with your surgery. Are you having it done in the states?

@@con con Yes, I'm having it done in our city. This has been the most agonizing experience of my life! I've contemplated this for hours and spend days reading and researching everything! I'm a different kind of case. Nothing's clear cut. So many options and not knowing the outcome of any of it until it's over is crappy! I'm not concerned with the TT. That's pretty standard . It's these boobs!!! I got different opinions from multiple surgeons and not one says the same thing. I've never stressed about a surgery so much in my life. VSG wasn't even this difficult of a process. I HATE it!!! All the fun and excitement has been demolished by unknowing and fear. I'm going back to talk with her on Tuesday. I have a lot of questions I need clear answers on before I fork over 12,450 bucks! Im less concerned with the money and more concerned with that happens to this body that I worked so hard to get right! My PS has a good reputation and has been a PS for 29 years but what she's saying is possible is NOT what other surgeons are saying. I'm running out of time because I need a full month off and I took all of April off. It has to be done then. I've taken a new potion at work so I won't have the luxury of taking a month off any time soon. That just adds more pressure to the situation.

Good luck to you @@Elode! Sounds like a stressful time for you, but you can get through it! ????

Yikes. That sounds very stressful. Have you asked your PS why you have received differing opinions? Maybe if you were to voice your concerns and hesitations they could ease your fears. I hope you can get peace of mind.

If I have surgery it won't be for awhile. I'm not even 6 months out from my sleeve date. But I'm a perfectionist and over thinker so I've been contemplating the future. Going out of the US for surgery terrifies me. But I live in the most expensive city and a partial lower body lift would be $25k lol

I wish you peace and healthy healing. Please keep us all posted.

Constance

I think you are right to agonize about it now. It will probably save you some unhappiness later. I've always had small, droopy breasts, and my PS said she would not just fill them up with bigger implants. She said it would just look silly, and the end result would likely be boobs on my chest with loose breast tissue hanging off the end. I was really surprised, but I had the lollipop lift, and it looks good. The scars are fading at a little over a year out, and they are pretty. There is a lot of controversy about having the mastopexy first and then going back for the augmentation later. I had it all in one surgery, which was good for me because I don't have time to keep having surgery. Some PS refuse to do that, though, saying you'll get better results. If you had large breasts to start, any chance you have enough breast tissue for just the lift?

IDK, I wished then, and I wish now that I had been able to see them implanted and could make a decision at the time of augmentation. It's hard relying on someone else to make a decision based on what they think you want. I sure understand you agony - I went through it, too!

@@con con Yes, I'm having it done in our city. This has been the most agonizing experience of my life! I've contemplated this for hours and spend days reading and researching everything! I'm a different kind of case. Nothing's clear cut. So many options and not knowing the outcome of any of it until it's over is crappy! I'm not concerned with the TT. That's pretty standard . It's these boobs!!! I got different opinions from multiple surgeons and not one says the same thing. I've never stressed about a surgery so much in my life. VSG wasn't even this difficult of a process. I HATE it!!! All the fun and excitement has been demolished by unknowing and fear. I'm going back to talk with her on Tuesday. I have a lot of questions I need clear answers on before I fork over 12,450 bucks! Im less concerned with the money and more concerned with that happens to this body that I worked so hard to get right! My PS has a good reputation and has been a PS for 29 years but what she's saying is possible is NOT what other surgeons are saying. I'm running out of time because I need a full month off and I took all of April off. It has to be done then. I've taken a new potion at work so I won't have the luxury of taking a month off any time soon. That just adds more pressure to the situation.

@@con con Feel free to PM me if you have questions/concerns about going outside the US for surgery. I've gone to Mexico twice for surgery (once for plastics, and once for VSG) and plan to be going again in late August/early September. I'd be happy to share my personal experiences with you.

I was such a big bundle of nerves before my lower body lift last year! I was so worried about being under anesthesia for 6 hours and how I would manage the pain afterwards. But those issues ended up being fine, and other issues cropped up that I never would have predicted!

The fact is, a lot of this is ultimately out of your control. I decided that however my surgeries ultimately turned out, I would see a huge improvement in my body as a result. And any reputable plastic surgeon will stand by their work and fix what needs to be fixed, free of charge, until you are happy with the results. Things do eventually work out.

Thanks everyone. Still not sure at this point what I'm doing. I'm just going to go with my gut. I will be speaking with her tomorrow and I'm not worried about offending anyone at this point. ;)

@@NewSetOfCurves Wow! That's not a bad price. I have no clue how much this will cost yet but I was figuring around 12 for the boobs? That may be too much but I'm guessing high so I'm not in shock. I'm not against leaving state if I need to to get the best surgeon and price.

I don't know anyone who's been to Mexico to have things done but I'm sure there is someone....

My surg. charged 8800 for my TT and if i had done the reduction and lift it would have been 12000. total.

We decided a fully TT & lift . I wil go back once healed for implants if I need to.

@@Elode - glad you came to a decision. I know you will feel better having come to a resolution. So excited for you!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

A friend of mine went to Dr. Quinton Chivers in Toronto for all of her post weight loss surgery. Did a great job and her incisions all healed very well. She had initially a breast reduction then Tummy Tuck, arms reduction and just had a thigh lift! I cant wait to have my surgeries with him!

We decided a fully TT & lift . I wil go back once healed for implants if I need to.

When is your surgery? I have my first consult 5/17

@@Chrystee I already had it! I have a whole thread on it with pictures and everything!! You'll have to go to my profile and look at my topics. It's under "three days till plastics time"

@@Chrystee I already had it! I have a whole thread on it with pictures and everything!! You'll have to go to my profile and look at my topics. It's under "three days till plastics time"

Oh crap!