Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

are you still getting bloodwork 3 plus years post op?

PCP does it annually and surgeon annually so I space 6 months apart and results to all Dr's. At 27 months out, results continue to be very good. But, I'm so careful about eating healthy, they should be.

Sometimes I surprise myself about the huge transformation. It's turned into more than the physical restriction provided by the sleeve into a psychological transformation and I'm not sure how that happened. Possibly driven by my loving the way I feel and wanting to preserve that...

Edited by Andrew0929

So, my bloodwork has been excellent for years. Last time (December) it was still good, but not as good and I am just curious of others experienced that.

Annoyingly, I I need to go to the doctor AGAIN for something so I will inquire if this is normal/typical. My primary doc thought my results were great, but I want to talk to the bariatric doctor about it because it is the trend of "not as great" as the last several years that concerned me. I am down to annual checks, but the number of surgeries, procedures and general medical mayhem, i seem to have had a lot of tests lately. :(

I am approaching 3 years (in June) post RNY and will definitely have my blood work done. I have had tweaks in my Vitamins since surgery and although the main numbers (cholesterol, blood sugars) remain very good, I have had HIGH Iron (something my bariatric doc just shakes her head at!) and low thymine and zinc. I actually made changes again in December to my Vitamins and am very curious to see how that plays out in my June results.

I think as we age our body's needs change, which can definitely change what we need to do with our vitamins. Therefore, I think it is critical that if you chose surgery to become healthier, that you follow-up with the blood work. The consequences of going for long periods of time Vitamin deficient can have horrible health ramifications. None of us chose surgery for that!

Carol