Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my journey - Boston Ma

Glad you're doing better. I was at that session at Mt. Auburn.... heard Dr. Goldberg say all those things. Is helpful to read your journey as I'm about 6 weeks from my surgery date. Have my final nutrition appt with Sarah this week before submitting paperwork for insurance approval.

How much time did you take off from work? Am thinking two weeks... is amazing to me when I read people going back the next day or days after.

Well i have a desk job (office manager for a doctors office) so i was planning to go back that wed to be honest...but they kept me that xtra night in the hospital (that shooting was outside my hospital window btw if u remember!) So that did not happen..i got out wed...went in on friday for about an hr..but did go back half day monday and full day that Tuesday... I was fine..i mean a lil sore when i moved certain ways but that was only from having clothes on...before that i spent my days in sweats and sweatshirts! Lol so all in all i went back 1 week later...if u have a desk job 1 week is good 2 weeks is better...

Re ins approval...let me tell u i threw a stink cause they did NOT have my approval the day of surgery and i have heard horror stories about getting stuck with a bill..however a week later i got the letter myself from bcbs approving the surgery...

I think back to my first few days and omg!! Now i laugh..get yourself some disposable shot glasses from iparty cause thats how much i could drink at a time sipping...1/2 an ounce at a time!

Sara is great! I really like her. The week before my surgery i went to the last group meeting and the other nutritionist was there..did not care for her...as a matter of fact i hate the meetings...i have NOT been to once since and until they make me im not going...

I hate hearing people abuse thier bodies and STILL not eating properly and wonder why its not working...or why they gaining weight...i did TWO years! Of medical supervised weight loss at mt. Auburn...i got results and learned alot but ultimately my health was getting worse fast regardless which is when i started to consider this...and when others just willy nilly get it done with nothing more then a few classes it pisses me off so much... They should NOT be allowed to get the surgery...not everyone like that but many are and i cant stand it...hell even here on BP people like that.

For those of us who are NOT over eaters and do watch what they eat etc its a slap in the face...

Anyways im rambling...wish i know who u were...it will be ok...im rooting for ya an if u PM me happy to give you my kik,IM or text info so you can hit me up with questions...

Today is 1 month since I had my surgery... Still learning so much about myself and my new body...lots of happiness lots of frustrations BUT all in all doing well.

First the bad...

As you all know I had the chest pain...completely gone now! I can breathe and I wont take it for granted ever!!

Drinking lately has been odd i sip and then at times lately i feel nausea soon after...not sure why...same with eating.so taking it slow and listening to my body.

Eating is a challenge most of my protein/nutrition is coming from liquids..nutritionist says its ok but that i have to atleast challenge my body to 1 meal a day...when i do eat i can eat about 1/3- 1/4 of a cup at a time...however im always hungry since i eat so little so i just drink protein.. Which im fine with!

Clothes very baggy sucks but dealing with it...im creative so making it work as tim gunn says...

The good!

I was 177 weekend before surgery...yesterday i was 157.8 so im doing well i have not hit the stall ywt but i am sure i will...in the mean time taking it with stride and rubbing stretch mark cream like no other lol..

Labs- all arw good diabetes gone! High triglycerides gone! sleep apnea gone! And my Migraines are so small its like i dont have them...that alone would have made this all worth it!!

Wow... Fantastic news on clearing all the conditions! Who would have thought only after 20 lbs since your surgery.

Sounds like you have a good attitude about your eating challenges as well. Is temporary and I'm sure will gradually improve.

Got my surgery date last week: June 6th! Am excited and nervous as well. Has been over 4 months since I started and is now very real, if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

My surgery was on April 11, 2016 and I was in the hospital for two nights. The greatest challenge this far has been the liquid menu, and sticking to what the Dr. suggests. I am now on the puree diet and have had cream of wheat, mashed potatoes, green Beans, egg whites/beaters, and chicken. I tried some salmon, however it did not stay down at all. I was tired of being obese,however this is a challenge to me at the age of 60, soon to be 61. My starting weight was 305, 298 at the hospital, 281 at the PCP's, and 282.5 at the surgeons office on 4-20-2016. I hope to be able to get my weight down to at least 175. I will be happy if I can still eat Chipotle's, salad, veggies, fish, and chicken. I am not into sweets or alot of carbs. I will appreciate your support.

Question for those of you who have Dr Kim or Mt Auburn/Tufts: What did they instruct you to eat right before your surgery date and for how long? I didn't see instructions in my binder.

The hospital will give u instructions from mt auburn...which is a liquid diet...dr kim only does surgery on Mondays so you will start your liquid diet on sat and stop sunday at 8pm....my suggestion do what i did esp sunday drink as much fluids up until 8pm..cause when i got out of surgery i was so thirsty...and those swabs dont do anything! Being chapstick or lip gloss cause even though i brought mine my lips where so chapped.

Edited by shortstuff4ever78

For those of you who are curious. I got my hospital bill today...dont freak out cause all I had to pay was $250 lol.

post-270255-0-80890700-1462318337_thumb.jpg

Holy music (awwwwwee)????????????

So today was my follow-up with my nutritionist...was supposed to be 3 weeks i did 5...why cause that's what my schedule allowed...anyways...

Stats...if you following me

HW 188 12/2015

Today 151.4

I am cleared to eat reg food however now i am told i need to push my body to 2 meals a day...i like to only eat one...i hate eating it does not agree with my belly...but says to keep pushing myself ug ok...so here goes...

What i have learned...

Plain Water sucks and i wont drink it... must be broth, flavored etc...and luke warm or hot only...

Protein drinks yeah i have spent a mini fortune on all sorts of stuff ill stick to my current Protein shake still not sick of it and tastes good...except now i dont like it with almond milk only water...

food changes....dont like dairy stuff not csuse it makes me sick just dont like it feels thick on my tongue and i only drink skim or almond milk...hate eggs,

Clothes .... baggy just call me mc hammer!????

Pain....none but cant sleep on my belly yet i feel a lil pressure that makes me feel it may hurt if i lay on it too long... otherwise its gone but taking it easy

Workout....only walking and with the couple small set backs pain wise (if u read) taking it easy but otherwise been a mall walker...

So all in all its been interesting...but moving along...she saying im right on target and to continue what im doing!!????

Sounds great...congrats to you both! Helps settle my anxiety...my surgery is one month from today.

@@Kathy Soon enough we got this!!

@@lfw57 hang in their!! Be over by the time you know it...we are here to help!