Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Short and Sweet. I have overweight for over 20 years. I was banded in September 2012 in Baltimore Md at GBMC. According to the surgeon, I wasn't overweight enough for sleeve or bypass. At my first fill appointment, the doctor could not find the port. (Can you imagine the feeling of a needle moving around looking for the port). Come to find out the port slipped. I went in again November 2012 to have the port re-attached. I completed all of my follow-ups and lost 40lbs.

I moved to Raleigh, NC in March of 2014. I went a full year and a half without connecting with a Bariatric practice. I was referred to Dr. Bermudez by my PCP and met with him Sept 22, 2015, expecting to get a fill. After discussing some symptoms, Dr. Bermudez wanted to do an endoscopy to check my band position. Sure enough, it had slipped.

Dr. Bermudez suggested the bypass surgery and I was scared. My insurance did not require a 6 month weight loss requirement, just to do the normal pre-operative items (psychiatry visit, support groups, blood work). I didn't have to do a sleep study.

At my decision appointment, despite all of the information my surgeon provided, I wanted the sleeve. He said ok. I was approved December 23, 2015 and scheduled for surgery on February 3, 2016. After doing soul searching and research, I decided the bypass would be the best option. I contacted the office and luckily, I was able to get approved quickly for the bypass. (I know I am incredibly bless to get an approval on the first try).

So here I am. Surgery scheduled February 3, 2016. I am scared Sh*tless..I hear so much about dumping syndrome, eating tiny tiny bites and getting full off eating a couple of ounces. I am like WHAT?!

But I will go through with the surgery. Wish me luck.

@@Tressa Teel

Congratulations! I am a bypass patient and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

It is normal to feel that fear at this stage. Not everyone gets dumping but if you do you will learn what to do and what not to do very quickly. Don't worry so much about it.

Yes, in the beginning you will drink an ounce or two at a time and you will be full. When you get to purée and soft food stages, one or two bites and you are full.

Down the road, that will increase to 1/4 cup and even later 1/2 cup. I am 16 months post op and depending on what I am eating I eat between 3/4 cup and 1 cup of food and I am full.

I am down 137lbs, 8lbs from my ideal weight. I dropped from a size 3x to a large. I dropped from a 26jeans to a 12 and soon to be 10.

I no longer have type 2 diabetes, severe Gerd, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and my stage 3 kidney disease is in remission.

I wish you the very best of luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

@@Tressa Teel

Congratulations! I am a bypass patient and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

It is normal to feel that fear at this stage. Not everyone gets dumping but if you do you will learn what to do and what not to do very quickly. Don't worry so much about it.

Yes, in the beginning you will drink an ounce or two at a time and you will be full. When you get to purée and soft food stages, one or two bites and you are full.

Down the road, that will increase to 1/4 cup and even later 1/2 cup. I am 16 months post op and depending on what I am eating I eat between 3/4 cup and 1 cup of food and I am full.

I am down 137lbs, 8lbs from my ideal weight. I dropped from a size 3x to a large. I dropped from a 26jeans to a 12 and soon to be 10.

I no longer have type 2 diabetes, severe Gerd, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, sleep apnea and my stage 3 kidney disease is in remission.

I wish you the very best of luck! Keep us posted on your progress.

Thank you for posting and calming my nerves down. I will probably post a before pic soon.

I will keep everyone posted. Thank you again.

I had RNY gastric bypass surgery 32 months ago and it was one of the best decisions that I ever made.

Short and Sweet. I have overweight for over 20 years. I was banded in September 2012 in Baltimore Md at GBMC. According to the surgeon, I wasn't overweight enough for sleeve or bypass. At my first fill appointment, the doctor could not find the port. (Can you imagine the feeling of a needle moving around looking for the port). Come to find out the port slipped. I went in again November 2012 to have the port re-attached. I completed all of my follow-ups and lost 40lbs.

I moved to Raleigh, NC in March of 2014. I went a full year and a half without connecting with a Bariatric practice. I was referred to Dr. Bermudez by my PCP and met with him Sept 22, 2015, expecting to get a fill. After discussing some symptoms, Dr. Bermudez wanted to do an endoscopy to check my band position. Sure enough, it had slipped.

Dr. Bermudez suggested the bypass surgery and I was scared. My insurance did not require a 6 month weight loss requirement, just to do the normal pre-operative items (psychiatry visit, support groups, blood work). I didn't have to do a sleep study.

At my decision appointment, despite all of the information my surgeon provided, I wanted the sleeve. He said ok. I was approved December 23, 2015 and scheduled for surgery on February 3, 2016. After doing soul searching and research, I decided the bypass would be the best option. I contacted the office and luckily, I was able to get approved quickly for the bypass. (I know I am incredibly bless to get an approval on the first try).

So here I am. Surgery scheduled February 3, 2016. I am scared Sh*tless..I hear so much about dumping syndrome, eating tiny tiny bites and getting full off eating a couple of ounces. I am like WHAT?!

But I will go through with the surgery. Wish me luck.

I can tell you stories for days ...that band damaged my organs...Revised to bypass Dec 28,2015... I am sore as hell and as happy as I can be.No regrets...no more fooling around....lost 17 pounds already...get the bypass!!!!!Don't walk ...run....congrats.