Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Swimming -- wow!

I didn't know they had something like that - any more info? do you know if they have one for a regular sized iPod?

At this time it is only available for the Nano. That is why I went with the Nano instead of the video IPOD.

Here is a link - I think they are available other places too but here is the link

Waterproof Ipod nano Case, IPod 4G Case, Waterproof Ipod, IPod Protection, Waterproof Ipod nano Cover

You have to use them with the waterproof headphones. Instead of using the armband I use a waist band specificially for swimming. Leaves my arms free.

I swam a total of 12 laps today!! Yea, me!! The most I swam at one time was 6, but I was very happy with that! I spent more time swimming and less time "aerobicizing" Ya'll have inspired me to keep pushing myself. Thanks!

At this time it is only available for the Nano. That is why I went with the Nano instead of the video IPOD.

Here is a link - I think they are available other places too but here is the link

Waterproof Ipod nano Case, IPod 4G Case, Waterproof Ipod, IPod Protection, Waterproof Ipod nano Cover

You have to use them with the waterproof headphones. Instead of using the armband I use a waist band specificially for swimming. Leaves my arms free.

thanx for the info - guess I'll stick with my SwiMP3 player for the time being - but good to know that the nano can pull double duty

I started swimming today with my new "tools": Swim-in-Place Aquacise Pool Tether for Low-Impact Aquatic Fitness and Training Exercise (we have a small pool that was built just for the kids so you can't really swim laps in it) and ZENASWIMWEAR Designs custom made Swimwear, Bikinis, Tankinis, Swimsuits, Bathing Suits for Full Figure, Large Figured, Plus Size, D cup, DD cup, Large Cup Swim Wear (WOW! I've never had a bathing suit that FIT ME PERFECTLY! It was expensive but well worth it; I don't feel like I'm hanging out all over when I swim -- even though it's only my family who sees me).

I figured I take a shower every morning anyway; why not get wet first in the pool and then shower? As long as the pool heat kicks in before I wake up and the pool's up to about 85 or higher (I like it warm), I'm good to go :biggrin1: Looking forward to tomorrow's exercise.

Good job!!! That tether is a great idea!! I went swimming again last night and added even more laps! My groin is a little sore today so I'll give the pool a rest.

Any suggestions for protective Shampoo? I am not ABOUT to wear one of those swim caps at the gym...I look hideous enough in my swimsuit. OMG You should see the majorly HOT 19 yr old that swims on Sunday mornings same time I do.

Good job!!! That tether is a great idea!! I went swimming again last night and added even more laps! My groin is a little sore today so I'll give the pool a rest.

Any suggestions for protective Shampoo? I am not ABOUT to wear one of those swim caps at the gym...I look hideous enough in my swimsuit. OMG You should see the majorly HOT 19 yr old that swims on Sunday mornings same time I do.

Paul Mitchell makes a shampoo called "Shampoo 3" which is a clarifying shampoo - also if you have a salon supplier in your area or a stylist I would ask them - I know there are other brands but the Paul Mitchell is the one I use - My wife is a cosmotologist, I'll ask her what else is available :doh:

Hi Swimmers!

Today i finaly got to swim after my surgery!

It will be two weeks on Monday from banding and today i did about 22 laps! Yay! It felt so good. Took me about 45 mins.

I have been walking till now but im so heavy even walking gives me ankle pains, swimming is the awnser for me.

O and i had my hair cut today and asked her about Shampoo and she also recomended Paul Mitchell 'Shampoo 3' its made to take chlorine out. It was only about $8.50 for a pretty big bottle so when my stuff runs out i will give it a try.

Lets GO swimmers!

I've been swimming now for 4 days and already I'm noticing a difference in my shape - arms and waist mostly. Of course, I had to go out and buy goggles and ear plugs because I was getting Water in my ears, but other than that it's been smooth sailing!

Saturday--

Well i hit the YMCA this morning. Got up at 6am as they open at 7am and Saturadays can be busy for me at home, (aaaahhhhh yard work).

Rode my motorcycle down there.

As it was not a work day i lie to spend a little longer there on Sats so i set a new record for myself today---

50 laps! wooo hoo. No way i can keep that up as it took me about 1hr 20mins but it did feel good.

Its so funny swimming there in the morning, noboby else there is under 60 i think. Its a little weird when im doing my best and this 65 yr old lady with a flowery swim cap overtakes me.:rolleyes

Way to go Whosyadaddy! Quite an accomplishment for someone so newly banded! Your on your way to a new slimmer and healthier you! Pat yourself on your back and be good to yourself today!

shelli

RE:Shampoo - ABBA has their Molassas - most product lines have a clarifying Shampoo available - Paul Mitchell has a leave in conditioner that is called "The Cream" it's good stuff.

Thank you,Mr Downtown! I really need to get started on that!