Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

having difficulty

I'm 2 years out from my band to sleeve revision. I've lost 115 pounds. Yay!! But I have gained about 10 back (and I wasn't done losing). I feel like I've been on a sugar binge since before the holidays. I cannot seem to get back on track. i'm eating things I know I shouldn't, even when I'm buying the chocolate, Cookies, etc, I have a conversation in my head about why I shouldn't buy it but then I do it anyway. I've gotten so far away from the "rules" and cannot seem to get back on despite every intention to do so every day. Any help, ideas or kick in the ass would be welcome.

Congratulations on a great start.

Think of the money that you spend on unhealthy factory edibles (I can't call them food). Do you want it to be Your money or Their money?????

You mention that you have gotten off track. Just remember that the train has never left, its right beside you waiting for you to get back on. You obviously know how to be successful since you've lost over 100 pounds. Don't be a human trash can. Throw that sugary junk where it belongs--in the trash!

There is nothing wrong with asking for help. You've taken the first step in posting about your struggles here.

You might also want to consider making an appointment with your NUT to revisit your goals and talk about strategies for reaching them.

From everything I know about myself and my experience, if I eat sugar, I crave sugar. The only way to break that cycle for me is to go cold turkey.

It's easier said than done, but going back to basics would be a good idea if you want to continue your progress. You have already come so far, it sounds like you know what works.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

When you do bring home sugared-up things, crumble them, one by one, into the garbage at the first thought like "What am I doing to myself?" Be really tough by sending them to the spiraling, watery grave. Watching them go down will make you queasy enough not to want them at least for the rest of the evening. Writing it in and of itself is making me queasy.

Have you considered the 5-day pouch test to hit the reset button?

http://5daypouchtest.com/

Good luck to you.

BTW, 10 pounds may sound like a lot. But you sure don't want it to turn into 20 or 40 or more!

I am 32 months post-op RNY. This article describes my experience with the "Maintenance" mode. http://www.breadandbutterscience.com/Surgery2.pdf

I am 4 years out, had a 10# regain in 2015, which I have eliminated. I am a broken record, but go back to basics. If you follow the dense Protein FIRST, followed by healthy veggies plenty of Water and daily activity, it works. I recommend starting tracking and I bet you are not hitting Protein or hydration targets.

I had started snacking, because I was emotionally unhappy about a couple of physical problems. At some point, I got my head out of my a$$, dealt with problems head on and went back to basics..and voila, 10# gone. I replaced Snacks with protein, guess what, I have very little desire to overeat Protein drinks and meat! (Caution about Protein Bars because they can become a candy substitute)

Don't be ashamed to seek counseling or other support to figure out why you are going down the path to he'll (cookie aisle at grocery store). There are sections of the store I simply don't browse, as I don't consider that crap to be real food. When my sons bring junk home, we put it out of sight because it calls my name and I am ever mindful of its powerful seduction ...

Toss toss toss the sugar food out!

Go back on the Liquid Protein program.

Realize you cannot continue what you are doing.

You can do it!

Good thread

I'll suggest that imho the battle is done at the store.... Grocery shopping is a land mine. It is where I try so hard to not falter. If it makes it home, it will get eaten .

I try to look at ingredients:fat, calories and Protein. And I always try. Yes ...sometimes more successfully than others. Habits can change... It just isn't easy.

Good thread

I'll suggest that imho the battle is done at the store.... Grocery shopping is a land mine. It is where I try so hard to not falter. If it makes it home, it will get eaten .

I try to look at ingredients:fat, calories and Protein. And I always try. Yes ...sometimes more successfully than others. Habits can change... It just isn't easy.

You're absolutely right to my thinking @Julie norton !

I've backslid over the holidays and the month after (what was I thinking?!) and could have written @kyleebean 's

original post myself, only I gained more. Not good. The battle does indeed begin at the store for me, and I've started in the parking lot now, by saying out loud as I walk in, "I'm not buying any junk today!" or "I'm not getting anything off plan in here." Silly, but it's helped a lot. Something about speaking it out loud makes it more absolute for me.