Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Biggest Loser

I hate this show! How can you be disappointed when someone ONLY lost 6 pounds in 1 week. Seriously messed up. Just needed to say that! I don't know why I am watching it!

I hate this show! How can you be disappointed when someone ONLY lost 6 pounds in 1 week. Seriously messed up. Just needed to say that! I don't know why I am watching it!

I agree 1000%.

I think they should be forced to announce at the beginning of each show the percentage of past contestants that have maintained their weight loss. I think the number is very low. I remember an episode where they had a woman do some crazy workout and she ruptured a disc in her back. What a crummy show!

I won't watch that peice of crap show since the doctor on the show berated weight loss surgery and said the way they lose weight on the show is the "right" way.

I wasn't aware that excersising 8 hours a day was the "right" way to lose weight! Gee, why did I even have surgery?!

Sadly I think it's all run by money, sponsored products and fad ideas on dieting. I can see how the prize money and the thought of being away from temptation at a bootcamp is appealing, but in many ways I would say the contestants are exploited and riduculed. I wish there were a less extreme version of this show focused on long-term goals...

This show is indeed very extreme. They ideas that they are trying to teach are opposite of each other . I think they become too focused on the $$ of it all.

The world is full of fools, including those who compete on that show and those who watch it.

The Biggest Loser show is certainly full of misguided and erroneous weight loss techniques. It is scripted and staged as carefully as any CSI so if you think it's about people on a weight loss journey, it isn't real. The expectations of losing 6- 9 lbs in a week by the trainer are just ludicrous! In what universe is that sustainable ??!? Or healthy?

It's interesting in that it highlights our culture's insanity when it comes to losing weight. I see it on this forum all the time in the form of questions " I only lost 20 lbs in 6 weeks am I doing something wrong?"

I watch the show just out of kind of a bemusement and a shadenfraude of wow this is a really strange way to approach life. But do I get angry when the Dr on the show tells one of the contestants that he took the easy way out by having bypass and he failed yes defiantly

I am surprised that they don't have more heart attacks and strokes on that show, from the "in your face" drill sergeant method of training. Or.........maybe they do, and we don't ever hear of the contestants who faint or die on them.

I keep thinking that they're teaching these people to hate exercise. If you're pushed to the point of throwing up and nearly passing out, that's negative reinforcement. And then forcing them to eat junk food when they lose a challenge is ridiculous. They're deliberately sabotaging the progress they're trying to make.

And it bothered me personally when that Doctor threw sugar at that one contestant.

Their methods are designed to make them fail once they're out on their own again.

From the few times I have seen it the entire premise of the show is built around hatred. Hatred of fat people. It uses self-loathing, self-hatred, and self-abuse as tools.

I have never watched this program simply because I cannot understand how these "contestants" can abase themselves in this way.

I refuse to watch that show. I have seen a few episodes and after the surgery bashing I just cannot stomach it.

Like others I would like to see the rate in which these people gain their weight back because I have to believe they do.