Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 week post op. Woop.

So, today I had my two week post op appointment at the surgery center where I started my journey.

I left quite excited.

We'll just start off with the stats and then will come the feels.

Sw: 281

Preop: 264

Surgery day: 252

Today: 241

I went in a little apprehensive about how I was doing so far. To my discredit, I started on soft foods a little early, at day 10 instead of day 12, just because strained Soup was really going to be the ******* death of me. So there I am in the waiting room, trying to be cool, looking down at my stomach like man, I really could have gone without that cottage cheese yesterday. I was sweating over what the scale might say; that it was going to out my head start into phase ll foods and that obviously I was failing.

I've been worried and wrong before, and today was no exception.

When I walked into the room, the MA weighed me in and ta da! I was 241.2 lbs. That is 10.8 lbs lighter since surgery two weeks ago. I'll take it! The doctor then came in and proceeded to tell me that since I first visited (weighing in at a whopping 281 lbs) I lost 40 lbs. 40 ******* pounds. Uhm, can I just say go me? Because gooooo me! I was thrilled. On top of 40 lbs lost, as for the percentage of my excess weight needed lost to reach a healthy BMI given my height of 5'7, I lost 28% of my excess. I went from needing to lose 141 lbs to only needing to lose 101 lbs.

Now don't get me wrong, 100 lbs is still a lot. But it's less than what I started at. Today, I am half way to reaching my first goal of 200 lbs. I really hope to make that goal within the first few months post op. Ideally by my next check up, scheduled at the end of February. That seems like a pipe dream to me still, but if I can remain dedicated and smart about using my VSG tool, I know I can do it.

Here's a little thing that's bugging me though. I can't see the loss of 40 lbs yet. I recognize my clothes are getting a little baggier, and right at this very moment, I'm wearing a pair of jeans I bought last year to have them just now fit comfortably, but I still see the almost 300 lb girl looking back at me in the mirror everyday. Being a woman lustful for instant gratitude, and high impatience, it upsets me. I know it's gone. 40 lbs is gone. But from where? I think it's just that I'm used to seeing myself everyday (and because Im kindaaa a narcissist, all day.) My mom makes the comment, look how skinny you are! And I see her about every two or three days. So, It's just me. Even the doctor said she barely recognized me and that I've done "marvelous" so far. The fat girl in me just assumed she was stroking my ego.

Still. I feel good. And I'm ready to keep losing more more moreeeee!

2n69hn8.jpg

Congrats and yes I see the difference in your pics!!

You said you had a lap band in one of your previous posts. Can you expand on that?

I currently have a failed band and am getting sleeve surgery on 1/20.

You said you had a lap band in one of your previous posts. Can you expand on that?

First, thanks so much for noticing! It's always a bit justified when people can see what you can't! : D

In my previous post, I mentioned my mom had the lapband done. She did well for a few months, then slacked off. I believe hers slipped. She just recently had it readjusted and is now done to the 220s from I think about 250.

I myself have never had the lapband. VSG is my first, so I cant expand on much. : P I picked the sleeve because I didn't want to go through the process my mom went through of regurgitating almost everything she ate. I dont know if that was specific to the band, but I know hearing her gag in the bathroom after every meal definitely deterred me. Did you you have the same issue?

Congrats on your sleeve and much, much luck! Hopefully, it'll be a better option for you. <3

Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing great.

Thanks! What about you though?! 162 pounds! You go girl!!!!

You guys are absolutely my inspiration.

First, thanks so much for noticing! It's always a bit justified when people can see what you can't! : D

In my previous post, I mentioned my mom had the lapband done. She did well for a few months, then slacked off. I believe hers slipped. She just recently had it readjusted and is now done to the 220s from I think about 250.

I myself have never had the lapband. VSG is my first, so I cant expand on much. : P I picked the sleeve because I didn't want to go through the process my mom went through of regurgitating almost everything she ate. I dont know if that was specific to the band, but I know hearing her gag in the bathroom after every meal definitely deterred me. Did you you have the same issue?

Congrats on your sleeve and much, much luck! Hopefully, it'll be a better option for you. <3

ok. well congrats, youre doing great.

Yes the band and the slime/pb of the food was annoying. I never knew what or when a food would go down.

frustrating. I learned to eat around my band. Then my band slipped in 2012 and I had most of the Fluid removed. had some restriction but not enough. Gained all but 5 pounds back.

So, today I had my two week post op appointment at the surgery center where I started my journey.

I left quite excited.

I went in a little apprehensive about how I was doing so far. To my discredit, I started on soft foods a little early, at day 10 instead of day 12, just because strained Soup was really going to be the ******* death of me. So there I am in the waiting room, trying to be cool, looking down at my stomach like man, I really could have gone without that cottage cheese yesterday. I was sweating over what the scale might say; that it was going to out my head start into phase ll foods and that obviously I was failing.

When I walked into the room, the MA weighed me in and ta da! I was 241.2 lbs. That is 10.8 lbs lighter since surgery two weeks ago. I'll take it! The doctor then came in and proceeded to tell me that since I first visited (weighing in at a whopping 281 lbs) I lost 40 lbs. 40 ******* pounds. Uhm, can I just say go me? Because gooooo me! I was thrilled. On top of 40 lbs lost, as for the percentage of my excess weight needed lost to reach a healthy BMI given my height of 5'7, I lost 28% of my excess. I went from needing to lose 141 lbs to only needing to lose 101 lbs.

Now don't get me wrong, 100 lbs is still a lot. But it's less than what I started at. Today, I am half way to reaching my first goal of 200 lbs. I really hope to make that goal within the first few months post op. Ideally by my next check up, scheduled at the end of February. That seems like a pipe dream to me still, but if I can remain dedicated and smart about using my VSG tool, I know I can do it.

Here's a little thing that's bugging me though. I can't see the loss of 40 lbs yet. I recognize my clothes are getting a little baggier, and right at this very moment, I'm wearing a pair of jeans I bought last year to have them just now fit comfortably, but I still see the almost 300 lb girl looking back at me in the mirror everyday. Being a woman lustful for instant gratitude, and high impatience, it upsets me. I know it's gone. 40 lbs is gone. But from where? I think it's just that I'm used to seeing myself everyday (and because Im kindaaa a narcissist, all day.) My mom makes the comment, look how skinny you are! And I see her about every two or three days. So, It's just me. Even the doctor said she barely recognized me and that I've done "marvelous" so far. The fat girl in me just assumed she was stroking my ego.

2n69hn8.jpg

Yes! So I'm 9 days post op and my Dr said I too can do soft solids, and I was afraid to do it? I really want too tho, but is too soon? But I did try a lil tuna today... it went well... but like I really want scrambled eggs. ... do u think its ok? Or should I still be doing liquid?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I left quite excited.

2n69hn8.jpg

Yes! So I'm 9 days post op and my Dr said I too can do soft solids, and I was afraid to do it? I really want too tho, but is too soon? But I did try a lil tuna today... it went well... but like I really want scrambled eggs. ... do u think its ok? Or should I still be doing liquid?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using the BariatricPal App

I left quite excited.

2n69hn8.jpg

U r beautiful keep on doing what u need to do and u will soon see what the scale says u r doing dont give up

Sent from my SM-G530T1 using the BariatricPal App