Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So this is what restricition is supposed to be like!!

Here I thought for sure I had a leak in my band, it was out of position or something was terribly wrong. I'd had 3 fills was supposedly up to 4.3cc, had the band for 3 1/2 months and NO WT loss.

I went to my appt for a fluro evaluation as my other fills were without fluro. The band is in proper position and no leak that could be detected. This practioner indicated I was more likely at 3.4cc in the band but with the volume in the tubing needed to prime the port that the total was probably near 4.3 cc ( and the other physician hadn't broke out the different volumes).

Sooo, she bumped me up another .5cc and I'm a total of 3.9cc IN THE BAND. AND I can definately tell the difference. I'm on liquids for a couple days and even with liquids I notice a difference. Really I'm not hungry either. What a RELIEF, I think I can finally start to benefit from the band as it was designed. It's costly having all those fills and just now getting this to work. Even though the fluro fills is 3X the money, in the long run maybe that would have been the way to go to begin with? Hind sight. Anyway, I feel so much better not fretting that some MAJOR intervention was going to be needed to get things working. OK, here I go my weight loss now will officially begin and I'm excited once more. :clap2:

Good for you. It took me a year to get to the right restriction level. I'm been through a out 10 fills this year at a cost of $200 each. It can be pricey but it is worth it.

That is my fear now. What if banding doesnt work? Thanks for the reassurance.

Don't worry. It'll work. Just make sure you keep getting the fills is key. The people I have seen fail are the ones that do not get the fills. I've had friends actually turn down fills because they are afraid of restriction..wow I thought that was the whole point..lol.

Great news for you, so glad to hear it. I am finally at restriction and looking forward to the "narrow road" LOL! Good luck to all that enter here!

<p>hey, I know what that is like, I was so confused until I finally had restriction, I was sure I i something wrong! And when I went to nutritionist a month after surgery an told her I had no restriction, she basically told me I was a liar (!) an didn't deserve band! (She was used to doing gastric bypass people, but screw her anyways!) It woul have been nice if the octor had even casually mentione that restriction might not come until after a fill or two. And I always feel bad when I see a posting from someone that is like, "what does restriction feel like? I feel like a loser, I can eat whatever i want, blah blah blah..." and I came to the conclusion that once you have restriction, you no longer wonder what it is, it is quite obvious, haha. Oh, and after my pregnancy, I went in for my first floro fill (my doc always does floro) and my port was flipped, and they couln't fill and had to do revision, well, I still got a bill for $370 !!! They bent 3 needles before they realized it was flipped, so for that hour of misery I paid them!!! But hey, I got great restriction now, so i'm not complaining (or, oh yes, I am!) and my weight is steadily dropping, but if I could redo anything, I would have chosen a team of doctors who specified in lap band, not bypass and lap band, as they assume they are the same often, and when I disagree with what they are saying about my body I get that, "oh yeah, who went to medical school for years and years?...look" If you know what I mean...</p>

This is my first post but I have a question, Has anyone ever had a fill and have the nurse say that the Fluid just squirted out? How is that caused. She reinserted a needle to see how much was left then gave me another fill. I went back to the doctor this week, 2 weeks later and he rechecked said I was at 2.8 and added .6 He also said I shouldn't compare fills but I still think I am at the brink of just being where I should be. I have taken the slow way banded 9/06 hadn't had a fill since 1/07 untill July 07 and thought I really need to get back into this. only have lost around 25 lbs but have used food all my life in stress so Anyway just was wondering if anyone ever had the squirting happen and do you just know when you are totally there. I eat small bites, and still enjoy eating some whole wheat pizza crust with our homemade pizza. Am doing better this week but just feel not quite there yet.

Thanks

linda51

I had my surgery about 15 months ago. I lost about 25 pounds with the first fill, then after losing that weight lost restriction. I've been horrible about going back to get re-filled as appropriate. I feel like I've sort of wasted the benefits of the surgery by not getting fills regularly.

I'm scheduled to get another fill next week--hoepfully it'll give me restriction--but I just hope I haven't screwed myself by not going full speed ahead with the fills. I am worried my metabolism may have slowed down and now I won't lose weight as quickly as I did in the beginning.

Anybody have this experience? Lost a bunch at first, didn't get fills for months and months (no restriction), then start up again? Have any success?

I had my surgery about 15 months ago. I lost about 25 pounds with the first fill, then after losing that weight lost restriction. I've been horrible about going back to get re-filled as appropriate. I feel like I've sort of wasted the benefits of the surgery by not getting fills regularly.

I'm scheduled to get another fill next week--hoepfully it'll give me restriction--but I just hope I haven't screwed myself by not going full speed ahead with the fills. I am worried my metabolism may have slowed down and now I won't lose weight as quickly as I did in the beginning.

Anybody have this experience? Lost a bunch at first, didn't get fills for months and months (no restriction), then start up again? Have any success?

Hiya,

Yes this is sort of my story. It's been a long journey. But I'm sooo happy with my band now. The thing is when I got banded it was soo new. So not alot of info out there. I went through months of not doing much..gaining a bit back...then finally going in for a fill. See I get woosy with fills so they aren't alot of fun for me. Anyways my point is..it doesn't matter how fast u do it. Just that u eventually get there. Actually I think the slower it goes the better off you are. It's been almost 4 years for me and im still trying to get to goal. The thing with the band is you gota think yearsss down the road. Even if you don't loose for awhile it's always there. When I was ready again to hit it I went in and got a fill. Don't worry about your metabolism. Just exercise and that will kick it into gear. It's not like your gonna ever ruin yourself for life. Just remember..to truely be successful with the band you WILL have to exercise at some point. Good luck and take care

Hiya,

Yes this is sort of my story. It's been a long journey. But I'm sooo happy with my band now. The thing is when I got banded it was soo new. So not alot of info out there. I went through months of not doing much..gaining a bit back...then finally going in for a fill. See I get woosy with fills so they aren't alot of fun for me. Anyways my point is..it doesn't matter how fast u do it. Just that u eventually get there. Actually I think the slower it goes the better off you are. It's been almost 4 years for me and im still trying to get to goal. The thing with the band is you gota think yearsss down the road. Even if you don't loose for awhile it's always there. When I was ready again to hit it I went in and got a fill. Don't worry about your metabolism. Just exercise and that will kick it into gear. It's not like your gonna ever ruin yourself for life. Just remember..to truely be successful with the band you WILL have to exercise at some point. Good luck and take care

I just read your post and noticed you said you got woosie...On my first fill I almost passed out, as a result the doc took some cc's out and I feel like I did not get the right restriction. Anyways my question is...what causes the whooziness? I think it may be blood pressure...what was your and your docs thoughts?

Hiya,

I just read your post and noticed you said you got woosie...On my first fill I almost passed out, as a result the doc took some cc's out and I feel like I did not get the right restriction. Anyways my question is...what causes the whooziness? I think it may be blood pressure...what was your and your docs thoughts?

Hiya mikesmom

The wooziness can be from alot of things I imagine. I just never do well with needles. I'm sure its all psychological with me. Anyways I warn them before hand and they are really careful with me. I don't have to stand in front of the xray machine they have me lay down and bring the xray to me..lol. They really shouldn't have taken out the cc's for wooziness. Yeah you kind of got short changed there. We are kind of at the mercy of the doctors when it comes to fills. Just keep on going back in and get it right. Good luck. It's definitely worth all the wooziness!

Di