Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2015 Sleevers?

I was sleeved November 16th. Surgery weight 272, current weight 240. I am not getting enough Water or Protein. I wonder would I lose more weight if I was able to get more protein in? I also have not started exercising yet.... Plan on joining gym before end of week.

I see that my weight fluctuates when I have my period and the week before I loose less, exercising has definitely helped me tone my body and make it look different besides loosing the weight, do not get to stuck on weight have you measured if you are loosing inches as well?

I was sleeved November 16th. Surgery weight 272, current weight 240. I am not getting enough Water or Protein. I wonder would I lose more weight if I was able to get more Protein in? I also have not started exercising yet.... Plan on joining gym before end of week.

I found the more protien I get in that I lose weight more quickly.....it also make my workouts better :-) When I'm not getting enough in...I stall

I was sleeved 11/23. HW 240, SW 232 CW 199. I can start full diet this week, but honestly I have had no urge or tolerance to go beyond yogurt, Fairlife milk, cottage cheese and GENEPRO Protein mixed into tea and Water. I can tolerate 1-2 tablespoons of anything, but since I can't eat more than that, I usually don't bother preparing anything. The one thing I have found super easy to go down is cocktail shrimp. I had zero pain after surgery, but significant nausea. I returned to work 4 days after surgery. I struggle more with getting in the RDA of 4700 mg of potassium than anything else, and have to drink low sodium V8 to even get halfway there. I haven't started exercising in earnest yet, and other than trying to get my daily steps up, I'm not pushing until the weight loss slows down because my calories still haven't made it over 500 per day and I am pretty weak. While I miss the social aspect of eating and drinking a little, I have zero regrets. At 2.4 pounds per week average loss for the past 3 weeks, my loss is slower than some, but steady, and I will be thrilled if I end up at goal around a year.

I def struggled with getting Protein in and Water but this week I found my rhythm. I drink a 27g Protein Shake with a tbl of Greek yogurt added in the am (so about 30gs). It also gives me 24oz of water, then I have animal protein at lunch & dinner which is usually about 20 more g's, I eat a 20 oz Protein Bar after workouts and more Greek tog before bed. I'm getting in about 70-80+ a day. As far as water... I do the am shake(24), then 2 40 oz of the pic below. Labeling my bottle has changed the game with my water intake for sure. Now I know exactly where I am anytime of the day. Also working out made my water intake soar! post-269045-14521712849481_thumb.jpg

Edited by goddess977

Hi! I was sleeved on 11/23 and I'm down 29. I aim for 70-75g Protein a day. I use EAS shakes to get there. I can tolerate any food, which honestly scares me, but I'm finding it much easier to make good choices. Before surgery, I pounded Water. Now, I find it so hard to get down. I definitely need to improve the water intake, and I need to get my butt moving. I was so happy to see this thread! I would LOVE to be part of a private FB group!!

I'm gonna be stalking this thread until we get a private FB group!! Hahaha! I'm so excited! I'd be happy to make one, but I definitely don't want to step on any toes!

But it's so refreshing to hear how people are doing that at the same stage as I am!!!

I was sleeved Nov25, no issues after surgery. SW 252, current weight 228. Averaging 800 calories, 80-100 Protein, 50 carbs. I need to do a better job tracking Fluid intake to be sure I am getting enough. I do spin class and elliptical and starting weights this week for toning. The only issue I have experienced is the "stuck" feeling some people get. That can be a real downer, makes me discouraged but I know from reading posts it will eventually pass.

Sleeved November 6th and I love my sleeve!!!!! Only problem I am having is getting my Proteins and all my Water in. Still a working progress!!!!!

I was sleeved Nov25, no issues after surgery. SW 252, current weight 228. Averaging 800 calories, 80-100 Protein, 50 carbs. I need to do a better job tracking Fluid intake to be sure I am getting enough. I do spin class and elliptical and starting weights this week for toning. The only issue I have experienced is the "stuck" feeling some people get. That can be a real downer, makes me discouraged but I know from reading posts it will eventually pass.

Spinning or Zumba what shall it be? Just glad to have all the choices. You are rocking this!

Hi! I was sleeved on 11/25 as well, SW 250lbs surgery weight 228.8lbs current 199lbs but a kind of stuck at this weight for about 1 week. I do 5 to 7 times a week aqua aerobics, started hula hooping, but I have severe upper abdominal muscle pain not sure if that was from the one time hula hooping for about 15 min or the abdominal scrunches I have been doing in the Water, it is my upper abdominal muscles also going to both sides, really painful. Eating 60-70 g Protein Water on average 70 ounces, started yesterday with salad with fresh broccoli and carrots and today approx. 1/2 apple for the rest only protein.

Am interested! - Jennifer Vaughan Paquette

Ok folks! I'm setting up a private group for us but I have to have some of you friend me or I can friend you. Come find me...Sara Hummel.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1452566026.206977.jpg