Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You and your new post op ass, a guide.

@cherri2082 Yes I had a RNY GB on October 5th, 2015.

@@cherri2082

Can you not see the ticker under all my posts? I am down 111 pounds since joining the program and about 60 pounds since surgery. I feel great, I am never really hungry, it have to be active and make sure I eat every day. I walk 7.57 miles every morning, I am in training for www.toughruck.org we walk 26.2 miles a couple days before the Boston Marathon. We have 9 hours to complete the walk. You also have to wear a ruck with at least 30 pounds in it, with the name of a fallen soldier. As they have died, we are "carrying them" in spirit past all the Revolutionary battlegrounds in Mass. It's quite emotional.

Awesome post! I'm struggling with ass problems right now. Thanks for reminding us about our Water intake. That's where I'm lacking and my ass is letting me know. I took dulcolax like a complete idiot and I swore I was about to DIE. MOM does a lot better. Thanks for the advice!

@@cherri2082

Can you not see the ticker under all my posts? I am down 111 pounds since joining the program and about 60 pounds since surgery. I feel great, I am never really hungry, it have to be active and make sure I eat every day. I walk 7.57 miles every morning, I am in training for www.toughruck.org we walk 26.2 miles a couple days before the Boston Marathon. We have 9 hours to complete the walk. You also have to wear a ruck with at least 30 pounds in it, with the name of a fallen soldier. As they have died, we are "carrying them" in spirit past all the Revolutionary battlegrounds in Mass. It's quite emotional.

as a matter of fact I cant see your ticker. Congratulations.

@@cherri2082

I just read my post and to me it reads a bit nasty. That was not my intention, and my biggest gripe about text based conversations; the lack of emotional inflection. My post was not meant to be snarky at all, even if it reads that way, sorry if you took it as such.

@@Leanmachine

MOM is a pleasure to take. My Surgeon prescribed liquid Colace, which is branded as Diocto liquid, and it is, without a doubt or hesitation the absolute worst tasting thing I have ever imbibed. It actually has a pleasant taste in the mouth, but when you swallow it, it hits your esophagus and burns, the gets into the stoma, and is equally unpleasant, I gagged the three or four times I took it. It's as close to vomiting as I have come post op. The only way I found to begin to mitigate it's nastiness, is to have a cup of coffee in hand, and gargle with it, to get it off your esophagus, and then flush it out of the stomach. They make Colace in a gel cap as well. I tried two of those, but the gel cap was so thick, I almost could not crush it in my mouth, and they contain the same flavor as the liquid. I am willing to bet that they make the gel cap so thick so that it does not dissolve in your stomach but at some point in your intestines. With my shorter digestive tract due to BP I don't think they would dissolve at all. Ergo why I did not mention it in the post, I guess sleeve people might be able to take it, but BP folks are out of luck.

@@cherri2082

I just read my post and to me it reads a bit nasty. That was not my intention, and my biggest gripe about text based conversations; the lack of emotional inflection. My post was not meant to be snarky at all, even if it reads that way, sorry if you took it as such.

thanks!

@@Leanmachine

"MOM is a pleasure to take. My Surgeon prescribed liquid Colace, which is branded as Diocto Liquid, and it is, without a doubt or hesitation the absolute worst tasting thing I have ever imbibed. It actually has a pleasant taste in the mouth, but when you swallow it, it hits your esophagus and burns, the gets into the stoma, and is equally unpleasant, I gagged the three or four times I took it. It's as close to vomiting as I have come post op. The only way I found to begin to mitigate it's nastiness, is to have a cup of coffee in hand, and gargle with it, to get it off your esophagus, and then flush it out of the stomach. They make Colace in a gel cap as well. I tried two of those, but the gel cap was so thick, I almost could not crush it in my mouth, and they contain the same flavor as the liquid. I am willing to bet that they make the gel cap so thick so that it does not dissolve in your stomach but at some point in your intestines. With my shorter digestive tract due to BP I don't think they would dissolve at all. Ergo why I did not mention it in the post, I guess sleeve people might be able to take it, but BP folks are out of luck."

It's the opposite with me. I only take MOM as a last resort because it always upsets my stomach and sometimes overshoots the target. Colace is my personal standby. The small gel tablets don't bother me a bit, it doesn't upset my stomach and it works without working TOO well. So, I say, try different solutions and see what works for you!

Edited by gpmed

So you all have me wondering (I'm10 days pre-op) -- is this fractious relationship between you and your respective sass permanent? Or do things get back to normal after a year or so?

My understanding is that it's caused by the post-op diet. I imagine a year or two out, when you're eating more normally, it subsides, but I'm not totally sure. Any veterans out there who can chime in?

@@Leanmachine

"MOM is a pleasure to take. My Surgeon prescribed liquid Colace, which is branded as Diocto Liquid, and it is, without a doubt or hesitation the absolute worst tasting thing I have ever imbibed. It actually has a pleasant taste in the mouth, but when you swallow it, it hits your esophagus and burns, the gets into the stoma, and is equally unpleasant, I gagged the three or four times I took it. It's as close to vomiting as I have come post op. The only way I found to begin to mitigate it's nastiness, is to have a cup of coffee in hand, and gargle with it, to get it off your esophagus, and then flush it out of the stomach. They make Colace in a gel cap as well. I tried two of those, but the gel cap was so thick, I almost could not crush it in my mouth, and they contain the same flavor as the liquid. I am willing to bet that they make the gel cap so thick so that it does not dissolve in your stomach but at some point in your intestines. With my shorter digestive tract due to BP I don't think they would dissolve at all. Ergo why I did not mention it in the post, I guess sleeve people might be able to take it, but BP folks are out of luck."

It's the opposite with me. I only take MOM as a last resort because it always upsets my stomach and sometimes overshoots the target. Colace is my personal standby. The small gel tablets don't bother me a bit, it doesn't upset my stomach and it works without working TOO well. So, I say, try different solutions and see what works for you!

@@gpmed

I can relate to MOM affecting your gut. Mine rumbled a lot the first day, but it was not painful or uncomfortable just noisy. It DEFINITELY got things moving inside, however it took a second dose on the second day to product a poop. And I would agree I overshot (or overshat LMAO) the target, however, it was an intense 20 minutes, to perhaps a 1/2 an hour, but I was cleared out. I find that preferable to plugged up. If I had to go in one direction over the other, give me Hershey squirts over colon boulders any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'll add this to the original post. Thanks for the input.

Edited by winklie

@@gpmed I have one friend who is I think 12 years out, I have posted about his problems a number of times. He still has ass issues, however, he eats whatever he wants, you would never know he had had a GB done watching him eat. His portions are smaller than they were pre surgery, however he eats nothing but garbage, so I don't know that I can attribute his ass problems to the surgery or diet.

@@Leanmachine

@@gpmed

I can relate to MOM affecting your gut. Mine rumbled a lot the first day, but it was not painful or uncomfortable just noisy. It DEFINITELY got things moving inside, however it took a second dose on the second day to product a poop. And I would agree I overshot (or overshat LMAO) the target, however, it was an intense 20 minutes, to perhaps a 1/2 an hour, but I was cleared out. I find that preferable to plugged up. If I had to go in one direction over the other, give me Hershey squirts over colon boulders any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'll add this to the original post. Thanks for the input.

Amen! Twice on Sundays! Too funny winklie!

@@Leanmachine

That is the entire idea behind this topic. It's a hard topic to discuss openly, especially with strangers. I try to keep it funny yet informative to keep people reading and learning. We are here to support each other, and this post is my attempt to give back to the community as a whole, after they have been so supportive of me.

So as long as you are still laughing, I am right on target.

Happy Holidays!