Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like I'm in a sequel of "Thinner".

Hi all, I've decided I can literally eat anything I want and the scale will either A): Not budge or B: Go down. It doesn't make any sense. I can eat super healthy and stay the same or eat chocolate cake and junk food all day and lose a pound. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. I don't particularly want to lose anymore right now. I'm pretty happy with where I'm at. Anyone else have this "problem". How do you STOP losing weight?

Was you surgeon a gypsy? :)

I think he may very well be!!

Following!

Haha, I went through this stage this summer from about June to August. I could eat junk, not workout, and generally not pay a whole lot of attention to what I was eating and I stayed right between 129-131. That puts me at about 18 months post-op ish. I could also spend days where I ate really well and worked out hard and the scale didn't move and days where I really did not eat very well at all and the scale didn't move. My logic was well hey, I may as well enjoy it, so I generally ate what I wanted to and didn't workout much with minimal consequence. This was fun.

Around September I noticed that I could still generally be lax with my calories, but that if I ate Desserts, I would start to gain. I could run everyday, eat perfectly healthily, and stay around 131ish- I could not get back into the 120's. Unlike during the summer though if I started eating sweets and stopped working out, I could see the scale inch up to 134. I went back and forth between 131-134 all through September until Halloween when I ate a bag of caramel popcorn and woke up at 137. I went back to being very careful with my food and running everyday and was back to 132.2 within 2 weeks. Since then, I stay away from Desserts, I don't run as much as I should (maybe twice a week if that the last month) and I eat around 1400-1600 calories of mostly healthy food and I am right back to fluctuating between 131-133, with most days being stuck exactly at 132.2.

So...I get the idea that the honeymoon where I could eat whatever I wanted and not workout is now over, however I still enjoy the fact that as long as I stay at a reasonable level of calories, I don't have to run everyday to maintain at close-enough to my goal weight. I really hope it stays like that because not feeling like I'm starving and that I have to run everyday is kind of nice, although I am still very cognizant of how much I eat which I think helps me maintain.

I'm trying to keep a grip on it. I don't want to wake up and gain weight. Even though my husband thinks I looked "really good at 165". WTH?! Umm No! It's so strange to me that someone would say I look good being bigger when I worked so hard to NOT be big! Not that 165 is big I'm just saying I said good bye to that number months ago and I have no intentions of going back. I doubt be even knows what I looked like at 165. Dork! It aggravates the crap out of me that people have such an opinion on what I should weigh when not one of those asses said a word when I was obese!! Maybe they were scared of me because I was big and now that I'm smaller they think they are safe? My slapping hand can hit just as hard and it would probably hurt more since my hand is boney!!

I'm in the same place you are, Elode. I'm almost 16 months out, and maintaining right now is painless.

I certainly don't pig out, but I have some occasional 2000 or 2500 calorie days. I also have some 1200 - 1500 calorie days. Normally, it's more like 1700 most days.

It "feels" like my body is at a set point (either old or new - not sure which) that it's comfy at.

But who the hell knows what's happening. Or what will happen in the future.

That's why I'm still tracking (most days) and weighing daily (unless I'm traveling).

Ann

Even though my husband thinks I looked "really good at 165". WTH?! Umm No!

It's hard to not be sensitive about your weight but i bet while he doesn't know exactly what you looked like at 165 i bet what he really means is "damn baby, you've been looking great!" He probably genuinely feels that you're looking good in any recent weight range.

Happened to me till I hit 135 (I am 5'6"). Once I hit there I stopped. And now it's kinda the same--eat well, eat junk (within reason) and I stay the same. So maybe you just aren't at your new set point yet? Maybe when you get there it will stop.

@@jess9395 You may be right. My surgeon said he doesn't think I'm done losing yet so he wants me to hold off on any cosmetic surgeries for now. I don't want to lose too much more.

@Elode Do you want to have cosmetic procedures done? If you are within 15% of the lowest weight you might want to be, you can have cosmetic procedures done now. I was 157 when I had my consult for my first set of surgeries (tummy tuck and boobs) and 153 the day of surgery. My two other procedures were done when I was around 147 and 137 and they also look just fine now that I'm about 20-23 pounds thinner than when I started the procedures. I don't think I would have any better results waiting and I think I actually would not have hit goal if all the extra skin hadn't been removed. I can run so much faster now, lol. Also, not pulling away skin is really motivating to stay thin. I read a study that people who had plastics after bariatric surgery were more likely to maintain at their goal than those who didn't, which was another contributing factor for me. I know this is shallow, but I wake up everyday, weigh myself, and check my naked self out in the mirror. My boobs and stomach are my favorite procedure and everyday I love how they look.

So...you're pretty small now according to your profile, you could totally go get your plastic consults out of the way and be ready in 6 weeks or so to have the procedures done without having to really lose much more first.

@@AvaFern I want to have a Tummy Tuck and lift with implant! I need to go for a consult. I don't know anyone that has had any surgery done here so I have to research it all. I will have to plan it all out. I can take off work as long as I want since I only work when the clinic really needs me so I set my own schedule there but I also go to school so I will have to work around that. I was thinking this summer.