Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Indiana-HIP 2.0

Anyone have HIP 2.0? My insurance company (MHS) is telling me that I do not need to complete a medically supervised diet but the provider is saying I do. I found out today they haven't actually checked with my insurance company they just automatically make folks do the diet. This is frustrating to me because I switched insurance and prior to this was ready to schedule a surgery. I really don't want to wait 6 months unless I absolutely have to.

Generally, the health insurance companies are the ones that dictate medically supervised diet and exercise programs as a prerequisite.

Surgeons are more focused on the success of the surgery. This means Psychological testing, Pre-Op testing, the ability to follow the program requirements after surgery, a training class that lays down the program requirements in great detail, also some pre-op weight loss to make your stomach a little looser so the surgeon can perform the operation effectively. This can all take time. It gives you the opportunity to attend some Bariatric Surgery Support Group meetings and get in the habit of exercise. Thirty minutes of walking each day will make the recovery process go smoother and less painful.

I am trying to be patient, I just hate that changing insurance means jumping through more hoops.

I have hip 2.0 but I'm just starting the journey. Any info you can give me?

So far there are lots of hoops. 6 months supervised diet, food journal, sleep study, EGD, echocardiogram, chest X Ray, psych evaluation, pulmonary function test, and EKG. I have MHS as my carrier. It has been interesting but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Wonder if they will accept a prior sleep study and pulmonary test. Just had those last month.

So far there are lots of hoops. 6 months supervised diet, food journal, sleep study, EGD, echocardiogram, chest X Ray, psych evaluation, pulmonary function test, and EKG. I have MHS as my carrier. It has been interesting but I know it will be worth it in the end.
Have you been approved yet? I have indiana hip as well and was turned day 1st go. Turned in 2 months of food journals, did pulmonary test, echo test, and some stool test, and now resubmitted tomorrow. I am almost 8 months into this and ready for an approval. Nervous tho because my pulmonary test was 62% bc I was sick. Nervous! !! Any more feedback would be great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

I am only on my 2nd out of 6 months of weight loss/check and seeing dietician. I've had sleep study, phys eval done. I still have to get documents of last 5 yrs of weight, being overweight. 1 doc per yr. That's all I have to do. I do have several co-mords tho. So, I'm just doing the diet until sept. Then my dr said surgery should be in October. He said when he submits everything in sept. It should only take a few weeks for approval. I'm praying everything goes as smooth as he thinks it will. I'm scared now because I need both knees replaced and was waiting after this surgery to have them done, but I fell in February and totally scattered my right knee so I had to have an emergency replacement. Now, I'm worried that they won't approve me cause of already paying out 91,000. For my 1 knee replacement.

Sent from my SM-T550 using the BariatricPal App

?

I am only on my 2nd out of 6 months of weight loss/check and seeing dietician. I've had sleep study, phys eval done. I still have to get documents of last 5 yrs of weight, being overweight. 1 doc per yr. That's all I have to do. I do have several co-mords tho. So, I'm just doing the diet until sept. Then my dr said surgery should be in October. He said when he submits everything in sept. It should only take a few weeks for approval. I'm praying everything goes as smooth as he thinks it will. I'm scared now because I need both knees replaced and was waiting after this surgery to have them done, but I fell in February and totally scattered my right knee so I had to have an emergency replacement. Now, I'm worried that they won't approve me cause of already paying out 91,000. For my 1 knee replacement.

?

Well there seems to be no limit really with what HIP will pay for, so hopefully you will be alright. Good luck with your journey

Gosh, I hope so. I haven't been able to loose any weight. With my knee surgery, I can't exercise. But haven't gained any so that's good. How are you doing?

Gosh, I hope so. I haven't been able to loose any weight. With my knee surgery, I can't exercise. But haven't gained any so that's good. How are you doing?

I had to loose my 5% weight for insurance so I've lost 20lbs. Eating more high Protein low fat foods and watching carbs and sugar. I also just joined jazzercise. I am 8 month in, and just waiting for insurance approval now.

You may try the chair exercises. That may help, and ask your dr if they give the bans, so strength trauning. Mine gave me one and u can work with that sitting.