Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pickle joy no more?

I love pickles. Love them! To me they are not a garnish but a side dish. I know that my tastes may change after surgery but where exactly do my beloved pickles come in? They are one of my favorite grabs when I want something crunchy or briney or puckery. I will also tuck a sandwich slice into a low carb tortilla with some turkey and vege cream cheese.

Who is still loving pickles and when could you tolerate them? Thanks so much!!

I love them!! I often suck out the soft part! I love Best Made Pickles! Also to get my fix I eat a hamburger slice.

I love them as a great low carb snack with few calories. I just be sure to do the Kosher dill not the sweet ones. They also make a hot and spicy that's delicious!

I started having 2-3 baby dills with my lunch at a couple months out. Still love 'em, no problems with 'em.

I started eating them about month 4

Pickles are great! I started eating them again at the soft food stage, whenever that was, (or is for you). Pickles and cheese are one of my go to Snacks. Super low carb and they go together great!

I have a pickle sometimes when I get some head hunger going, it satisfies a lot of my cravings and no calories. I just make sure to have some extra Water to counter the sodium

"Who is still loving pickles and when could you tolerate them?"

it was a couple years before my actual desire for pickels returned

Mmmmm.. garlic dills, I started at 5 weeks dicing them up to add to chicken salad, or tuna... Now I just crunch one on it's own as a snack, I also have them in a deli meat roll up with cheese. They taste just as wonderful as before...

Now i am craving a pickle lol

I love them, too. I just can't eat as many as I used to at once.

Once you are cleared for crunchier foods they should be ok. Before that you might be able to do the soft centers during your soft phase.

I had my first pickle last week. It was awesome! I have decided to start making my own and just finished some about two hours ago. I don't know if I can hold off popping them open!

Yep me too. Right after surgery I even drank Pickle Juice to help with hydration because I wasn't always drinking enough. They are high is salt so you have to watch that and you have to get Protein in but otherwise I don't see why you can't have them - eventually anyway

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches