Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh wow that's awesome but I don't think I can tolerate rice from what I hear you had gastric bypass or sleeve ?

Hence the name lol, I had the sleeve. I was months post op. I'm sure that it's not technically "allowed" due to the rice but I tolerated it ok and only had two pieces in one sitting. Took me half a day to eat 5 little pieces, it was take out. While I tolerated it ok, I won't be doing it again anytime soon because I got really full off a very little amount of Protein. Definitely nice to know I can have a couple pieces on special occasions though.

Sorry, I was two months post op ????

Oh wow that's awesome but I don't think I can tolerate rice from what I hear you had gastric bypass or sleeve ?

Hence the name lol, I had the sleeve. I was months post op. I'm sure that it's not technically "allowed" due to the rice but I tolerated it ok and only had two pieces in one sitting. Took me half a day to eat 5 little pieces, it was take out. While I tolerated it ok, I won't be doing it again anytime soon because I got really full off a very little amount of Protein. Definitely nice to know I can have a couple pieces on special occasions though.

Don't have sushi with rice, have sashimi instead. I was able to eat 8 pieces

Edited by Sophie74656

@@Sophie74656 - after going through a damn boat that was supposed to be for three people before surgery, and now getting full on a roll and three pieces of salmon...I feel your joy.

@@Sophie74656 - after going through a damn boat that was supposed to be for three people before surgery, and now getting full on a roll and three pieces of salmon...I feel your joy.

the only "down side" is that now I can't go to my favorite amazing sushi buffet anymore LOL

@@Sophie74656 - Buffet's are no longer on my menu. I am into quality, not quantity. And those damn places make my Scottish roots go nuts. I can't get my money's worth there.

Edited by OKCPirate

@@Sophie74656 - Buffet's are no longer on my menu. I am into quality, not quantity. And those damn places make my Scottish roots go nuts. I can't get my money's worth there.

yep, buffets are a thing of the past now. But honestly this sushi buffet was really the only buffet I used to go to, it was a good price and the sushi was excellent. I'm just glad I can have sushi at all

Just another perspective on buffets--for me the value isn't in the quantity anymore but the variety. As it stands I can never order more than a single appetizer item at a restaurant or (more often) split a meal with someone. At a buffet I can try a bite of six different things! To me there is value in variety now. I have only done it a few times, but I have enjoyed it those few times for that aspect

Just another perspective on buffets--for me the value isn't in the quantity anymore but the variety. As it stands I can never order more than a single appetizer item at a restaurant or (more often) split a meal with someone. At a buffet I can try a bite of six different things! To me there is value in variety now. I have only done it a few times, but I have enjoyed it those few times for that aspect

yes that is a good point. I've been out to restaurants since my surgery and have only had appetizers that I couldn't finish. But I would say that if my friends wanted to go to a buffet I would probably suggest something else but I probably wouldn't turn down the invite, but they're not something I would choose to go to if it's just my husband and I

Don't have sushi with rice, have sashimi instead. I was able to eat 8 pieces

It was a takeout place so I wasn't sure the quality of their sashimi, but in the future I would definitely do sashimi.

@@sarahbethemails, sushi is a weekly treat in my home - though it's homemade to control the carb and calorie counts. I've had no problem and often use the recipe here.

And now that I'm further along in my WLS journey, I do sometimes use real rice, just in tiny amounts (1/4 cup per 2 rolls) and then eat it over two meals. YUM!

@@sarahbethemails, sushi is a weekly treat in my home - though it's homemade to control the carb and calorie counts. I've had no problem and often use the recipe here.

And now that I'm further along in my WLS journey, I do sometimes use real rice, just in tiny amounts (1/4 cup per 2 rolls) and then eat it over two meals. YUM!

*DROOL*

@@Sophie74656, stop drooling and make it ;)

@@Sophie74656, stop drooling and make it ;)

oh believe me I'm going to LOL. I've made rolls before, I even have one of those mats to roll them on.