Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i have to admit. today was a regret filled day. it's when you're out to eat with work peeps - you're at your favorite restaurant....you can't eat shit. you're just sitting there picking at stuff....waiting for it to get unlodged from your esophagus so you can take another pea sized bite. can't even enjoy it. AND in the meantime, you're at a stall wtih your weight so suddenly it doesn't seem worth it to have done this.

it's one thing if you're losing weight but when you're not losing shit AND you can't eat. it's like wtf did i do this for? would it have been better to just stay fat and diet again? not that there's anything to be done about it now - it's not a lap band it's not reversible....but when do you start to feel "normal" again? i just want to have one day when i'm not sick or feeling like shit. when does that happen? (insert lots of mad faces)

regrets....

"....Regrets, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do , I saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
And through it all, when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out
I faced it all and I stood tall and did it my way...."

I was just going to quote only 1 paragraph of the song "My Way", but the next paragraph with "When I bit off more than I can chew", was kind of funny when related to my weight problem.

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO

i have to admit. today was a regret filled day. it's when you're out to eat with work peeps - you're at your favorite restaurant....you can't eat ****. you're just sitting there picking at stuff....waiting for it to get unlodged from your esophagus so you can take another pea sized bite. can't even enjoy it. AND in the meantime, you're at a stall wtih your weight so suddenly it doesn't seem worth it to have done this.

it's one thing if you're losing weight but when you're not losing **** AND you can't eat. it's like wtf did i do this for? would it have been better to just stay fat and diet again? not that there's anything to be done about it now - it's not a lap band it's not reversible....but when do you start to feel "normal" again? i just want to have one day when i'm not sick or feeling like ****. when does that happen? (insert lots of mad faces)

Hello my friend. I'm sorry you're dealing with regrets. It will get better. But for me I avoided going out with friends till my stomach was ready to eat . You have to be prepared to choose your days and night of eating with friends especially in the beginning. If I'm correct you had your surgery recently. Be strong it gets better.

@@atontor it's not friends. it's my job. kinda comes with the territory. once the weight starts coming off again i'm sure it'll pass.

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. You are only a month out though. It does get better. I have not ever had any regrets, but definitely frustrations. I've had a 3 week stall every month since my 2nd month. I am just over 6 months out and still only eat about 650 to 850 calories a day. I work out religiously at least 5 days a week. Surgery is a tool and there are many resources that can help in this journey. My surgeon, his staff, and my nutritionist have been amazing. I promise it gets better!

I think a lot of it depends on the person and the attitude. I ate out fairly soon post-op, maybe around the 8 week mark. It just wasn't an issue. I had no difficulties eating slow so I didn't get that stuck feeling. I wasn't envious of what my companion was eating. I ordered what I could eat, ate what I could and had the rest to go.

i've had to freeze like everything i bought. i can't eat any of it. i just went back to mushy foods last night cuz i was tired of everything feeling stuck. like i said in my other post. if i was losing i think i could deal with it better. but not being able to eat AND still being fat....this is not ok.

Repeat this over and over:

This stage is temporary. It won't be like this forever.

I promise.

I swear you have to eat snails pace slow and foods need to be super moist. My NUT had us practice eating pre-op by taking tiny bites and chewing until the food dissolved in your mouth. It was a pain in the rear but it really helped with eating post op. No stuck feeling from eating too fast. What foods were you trying to eat that were getting stuck? You are very early out and likely still healing. Give it time.

I just hit 5 weeks and have been stalled for two whole weeks. Your weight loss seems great at two weeks straight of 5 pound loses. I could eat way more than I do and that worries me so know you are not the only one struggling. I would love a bit more restriction.