Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ah... Goodwill/thrift shops

For your amusement:

I've donated hundreds (not kidding) of articles of clothing now and each time I donate, I take a peek at what they have inside. The irony here is that I sometimes see things I like, that are way too big, and then realize, "oh, that's something that *I* donated last week." :-)

I've been AWOL for a bit (sold house, bought house, busy with everything) and thought I would peek back in. Best of luck to everyone!

I basically live for thrift shopping now. my wife called me a clothes whore the other day lo. Ive done great we have a very close by goodwill and since were very close to an affluent couple of communities my pickings have been fantastic.

My favorite finds, a pair of lucky jeans for 5.99 , a 100% silk black sport coat by tommy bahama for 7 bucks, a couple of columbia fleeces, a cashmere sweater, a lucky brand zip sweatshirt, and so much more, heck just last sunday i picked up a pair of polo blue khakis for 3.99 , literally i could go on a lot, an izod bathrobe with the tags still on it, its so much damn fun and , lets face it, its affordable otherwise id be wearing huge clothes or be totally broker than i am lol.

I love thrift stores too, im lucky to live wthin 10 minutes of 2 (!) Goodwills, I visit them each 1x a week and find great stuff !! (And I was a Value Village junkie before ours closed...........sigh....) My best deals ? A long cashmere scarf ( Nordstroms tags! ) $8.00, a cashmere sweater, $5.00, dark wash , slightly flared jeans , new ! $7.00 ! A new Levis jacket $6.00, ! Cute knitted beanies $2-6. II have a ton of bracelets $3-6 each, an expensive looking watch $14, and my temporary replacement wedding and engagement rings at $8.00 each. People says I dress very nicely, and I always tell them " Goodwill all the way !!"

High-end consignment shops are almost the only places I shop for clothes anymore. The prices, styles, wide selection of smaller sizes (skinny people buy cooler clothes) are amazing -- so much better than department stores.

I have, like others, donated tons of clothing to Goodwill. I use to shop there. I went inside Saturday, the brand new BIG store that was just built near my home. I was floored at how expensive the clothes were - $14.99 for jeans? 9.99 for capris? These were not name brands.

Now I know how they could afford the BIG store with the kind of expensive landscaping & such~

I will hit the markdown racks at Walmart, yard sales or consignment shops until my weight & bank account can compete.

I am hopeful to get up to the local Goodwill store this weekend to look for some work pants. All the ones I own are now too big and I refuse to pay top dollar for pants that won't fit in a few months!

I have always loved thrift store shopping ... but before WLS never had luck with clothes ...

BUT NOW ... Look out !!

I went to a few consignment shops over the weekend and I tried on clothes ... and found myself staring into the mirror asking ... "WHO ARE YOU!?" ... I just couldn't believe the size I was in ( from a 4xl/5xl to a XL ) and couldn't believe the person staring back at me ...

What a feeling ! :)