Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 years ago today, I was wheeled into surgery...

Hi queen of crop, took delivery of your book today and I'm having a great read. Not getting a lot done around the house but couldn't care less! As long as the dogs get walked and my nearest and dearest gets fed (plus a few other essentials) I am indulging my passion for being nosey about someone else's life. Yours. It is great to read about your journey and it is giving me an idea what to expect on mine although we have totally different lifestyles. I've got to just shy of four weeks post op and I am SICK of soup! I'm on Protein Shakes but have started making mine from scratch using pure whey powder, egg white Protein, the artificial sweetener that I dislike least, dried skimmed milk, skimmed milk and natural flavouring. I shall be experimenting happily for some time to come. I intend moving onto mushy food in the next couple of days with soft scrambled egg topping my list. Can't wait. Oh, stepped on the scales yesterday and since my op on 21 Oct I have gone from 203lbs to190lbs. So, I'm going slowly but that's fine by me. It's a damn site more than I ever lost with Weight Watchers or whatever else I was trying during the last ten years.

Edited by jintycb

HI Jintycb! Thanks for the compliments...I'm happy you are finding it a good read...and you are not being nosy...it was my pleasure to share and I only wish I had some reading on this topic that was a week to week account...and from someone who was a bit older...but there was nothing out there.

Sounds like you are right on target, although I must say my mush phase probably only lasted 2 weeks and one of those weeks was in the hospital with hardly anything but broth. But it all worked out just fine.

And yes, WW does work for some people, but some of us it didn't so I am grateful every day for my sleeve.

And 13 lbs in one month? That's awesome...what's so funny is that when I got down into the 170's I felt like a million bucks because I felt so thin and hadn't been there in so long....this past week for some reason I gained a few lbs and got up to 142 and I am freaking out about it!!!! And I feel it....so the brain is an interesting thing for sure....

Good luck and keep us posted!

@walkonwaking...just an FYI, my blog is just a sample of some of my chapters...not sure if you are reading it or the book. The book is week by week, for the first year. Paperback or Kindle. Thanks for your support and wow, only 48 hours and you will be on your way!!!! How exciting for you.

Hiya oh Queen

I hope you realise that I got very little done yesterday as I spent a good part of the day reading your book! Can't think of a better way to spend my time at the moment especially as I need to know where my journey might take me. I have taken note (and sorry, laughed) of you decorating the pavement with barf after a session in the pub with your pals. Hmmmmmm, I used to do that but it was the booze that normally caused the problem!!!!!! I shall endeavour not to repeat that party trick of yours but d'you know what? I bet that I do!

It is the middle of a very rainy afternoon now and as many chores that need to be done have been done - well sort of. I had cottage cheese for lunch with seaweed thins. Bliss. Last night I had scrambled egg and it was sooooo good. Both portions were a tablespoon each and every mouthful was heaven. Never thought that I would ever call cottage cheese heavenly. After four weeks on sludge.................. need I say more. I've now got my rear end firmly wedged in my corner of the sofa, two dogs draped over my legs and your book ready to pick up. Husband Patrick is home relatively early and is watching the news about Paris.

Queen of crop Read your book yesterday congratulations on your success. Thank you for writing about your journey and I wish you continued success and happiness.

@ Mynewlife15 Thank you for the compliments! I hope you found it encouraging and inspiring! Have you had your surgery yet? And just curious what age range you are in? I'm really so excited for you and all the others just starting this journey...it was actually a very fun year in my life! And as your name implies...a whole new life is just waiting for you!

11/11 sleeved I'm 56 so I am in the same boat you were in. Knees are giving out along with BP, type 2, high cholesterol sleep apnea. Can't wait for better happier days.

Just a quick post (let's hope so for your sake anyway) to let you know that I loved reading your book. I couldn't put it down and I learned a lot from it. One message that came through very clearly was the pace of your weight loss and it hammered the message home to me that slow but sure is absolutely fine.

I am now six and a half weeks post sleeve and I feel great. I have lost 21lbs and my BMI has dropped to 29.4 from 32.7. I am getting to grips with a new way of dealing with my food intake and how my body now processes what I put into it. I still struggle to make sure that I get enough Protein and liquid but it's a work in progress. I am walking further every day and my dog walking chum has noticed that my pace has sped up considerably. My dogs consequently are knackered when they get back from our walk! The tiredness that I felt post op is diminishing and I am beginning to catch up with all the chores that I didn't have the energy to deal with before. Lots of dust and cobwebs but hey.........do I REALLY care. No. I'm loving my journey. I love the way that I feel. My body feels as though it's had a complete clean out (well it did post op if you get my drift!) and people are making comments on how well I look. I only wish that I had been sleeved years ago and saved myself the misery of slimming clubs, diets and fads over the years. However, it makes me all the more grateful for the wonder of this surgery. I'm a very, very happy bunny.

Hi everyone... I haven't been on this thread much lately, have been lurking around the plastic surgery threads... I just had my abdominplasty surgery done this past Monday so I am now at home recovering and finally catching up. But I wanted to thank you all for your responses, congratulations and mostly your updates. Jintycb, right about this time for me, I found a rhythm that was working and I was on top of the world; even though I wasn't enjoying meals at that point. You and I have a lot of similarities...same height, same starting weight, same husbands! But I was never think or a ballet dancer and thankfully I didn't have an addictive personality. So please tell me how you are doing now...I have a feeling your progress has been amazing. At age 62, for the first time in my life, I finally have a flat stomach and the crack in my vagina (what is the name of that anyway?) is now something you can see when I stand instead of between my legs under lots of flab. So I think this, plus the breast reduction I had two years ago (SO happy with that!) is finally going to put me at peace with my body...I hope!

This coming week, I'm going to record a short little video and put it on my blog; I'll keep you posted. Also thinking about starting a FB page...so many interesting stories out here! And for those of us who are in our 50's and 60's...remember, it's never too late to create a life we have always dreamed of.

I do hope that you are firmly ensconced somewhere comfortable and armed with a small tinkly bell to summon your nearest and dearest when required! Trust that the surgery went well and you recover quickly from it. You sound as though you are pleased with the results and as we know, good results are our goal, whatever the surgery is, be it plastic or bariatric. It's now just over 14 weeks since I was sleeved and I'm still a very happy punter. I'm losing slowly but surely, with 37lbs having gone so far. It's weigh in morning tomorrow so we shall see what the scales say then. It's not been all plain sailing with a fairly long stall scale wise. However, my shape changed fairly dramatically during the stall so I'm not complaining. I've given up wearing track suit pants and am now in jeans that I haven't worn for at least two years so this one small goal me means such a lot. I am experimenting with recipes and quite often enjoying the results as is my own nearest and dearest. I am still walking the dogs, even on a day like today where the rain didn't stop for the two hours that I was out. We were all very wet!! I reckon there are times when I swear that two little doggy faces look like smacked bottoms because I can walk sooooo much further nowadays. Certainly on miserable days like today they would rather be curled up in the warm and dry. Think other half is worrying about my improving fitness affecting our bank balance. I can traipse round the shops for so much longer now that I am shedding weight and we all know that a changing body shape means changing out wardrobe. That means spending money on new clothes. He needn't worry too much as I'm not going to buy that much at the moment. I fully intend emerging like a butterfly when we hit the summer. Meanwhile, I shall stay focused on just doing all the right things to keep the fat flowing away from me and appreciating every ounce lost. Oh well, more chores to do. Keep well oh Queen. Much love x

Thanks for the nice update...this period of slow and steady that you are going through Jinty is a very exciting time...I had a love affair with H&M during this time...cute clothes that were really cheap because I knew I would only wear them a short time.

I am being very well cared for; those who know me know I have two men in my life and they are both taking great care of me. I really do feel like a Queen.

Whooopeeee!!!! Just been on my scales and I've managed to get rid of 4lbs this week. Over the moon. Shall try the new jeans that I bought in the sale on today. They were a wee bit too tight ten days ago but now, hopefully........... I admit to an indulgence with these ones-a US brand 'Not Your Daughter's Jeans' that friends rave about but that are expensive. However, this eagle eyed thrift bitch (me) spotted that they had been reduced from £135 to £45 so just had to have them. Makes a change for me. As a dumpy dame I bought most of my stuff in Primark, which for those who haven't heard of it, is a wonderfully cheap chain that we in the UK love. Their knickers knock some really expensive ones into a cocked hat for comfort and durability. I've also managed to get my beautiful Frye boots (hardly worn eBay) that were too tight on the leg, on at last. Just got to lose a bit more on the calves to get into the most beautiful new lime green and fuscia cowboy boots from a very expensive shop on the King's Road in London called R Soles (charity shop buy for £35 instead of about their original cost of about £300). All these little victories just make me grin. Loving it. On another plus of my WLS, my neighbour and chum who I used to go to Weight Watchers with has asked if we can sit down tomorrow so that I can give her all the details of my surgery, surgeon etc as she has decided, from watching me gradually taking up less of this planet, that she is going for a sleeve. She, like me, has lost her 'stop' button when it comes to food and she has had enough. I shall introduce her to this site and pass on your book my Queen. Think more tea is needed now so I'm going to try to get past the two dogs and two cats who are lying by my side on the bed (c'mon, it's Sunday, I don't get up before nine today). Long walk later-bliss. Life is so much better and physically easier now. Just shows, you're never too old to have surgery and regain your lost fitness. Love it!

Wow....so happy to read such a great upbeat post!!! And to be an inspiration to others is huge!!! AND to score such great deals!!! I'm a big fan of thrift shops...you can get some great deals and you don't look like everyone else on the street.....ROCK ON MR FRIEND!!! And post some photos so we can see you!