Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 weeks beyond surgery still hungry 2,200 calories a day what's wrong?

Glad to hear from you Dallas!

I'm happy you're pursuing this and getting it dealt with. You deserve it.

Please keep us updated every time you see your surgeon and what gets said and done.

We are all rooting for you! !

Hi Everyone,

So I had the test today. The surgeon told me that he was going to have them do an endoscopy but they set an appointment for an Upper GI. Not sure why he switched it.

As you may recall the first test I had at that other hospital was a CT Scan. The CT Scan was inconclusive. I can now see why that isn’t the right test for this kind of surgery screw-up. It is much more clear in an Upper GI what is happening in real time with the liquids that are swallowed.

The person doing the test was shocked at the size of my stomach. It was huge. The look on his face was like Ohh Man this was really screwed up. He said he has never seen one anywhere near that big after the surgery. And the Fluid that was supposed to stop in my stomach for a little bit just poured right through it. It was literally in my stomach for milliseconds. Like there was no port at the bottom of it made to slow it down.

Other things he asked me is if I had a hernia at the bottom of my esophagus. He said that it looked like I have one so he was asking me if they saw one on the endoscopy I had before the surgery. They never told me anything about one before. The Dr said everything looked normal after that pre surgery endoscopy.

One other thing he noticed is that Fluid going back up into my old stomach. He said he didn’t see it go in it on the way down but wasn't sure. He said it was possible that it was refluxing back up into it. Down into the intestine and then back up into the old stomach. But he wasn't sure about that.

So now I’m waiting for the Dr. to contact me and tell me what his plans are. I definitely won’t be letting him fix anything. I don’t think that he’s capable of doing so. Especially since he said that the revisional surgeries are so recent and dangerous. That clearly means to me that he isn’t qualified.

I guess I better go to the hospital and get the surgery notes. From both the bypass and the first surgery where they put me out to put that endoscope down my throat and look around. Before those notes end up changing…

Ohh, btw, I didn't eat or drink anything for about 12 hours before that test and since then I have my pain under my left ribs back. It's not real bad pain. But people are telling me that I am past the point where I should have any pain now. So what do you guys think about that? It's real tender kind of like a knife stuck in me sharp like that but only when I push on it or stretch backwards. More like a knife that has been there for a very long time. Not an instant stab but like one that has been embedded there for a long time.

Edited by Dallas Powell

That is completely insane! So sorry this crackpot moron got his mitts on your insides but really glad you got some answers! I wish you tons of luck in having it fixed. Sue that freaking terrible surgeon, he should not be allowed to do this to other people. What about your girlfriend? She has some similar issues right? Could she possibly get checked out as well?

Found an interesting review of this surgeon on another site... sounds very familiar.

"My first post op visit I had lost 14 lbs. My 3 month post op visit I had lost a total of 35 lbs. At my 6 month visit I had only lost an additional 3 lbs. I never lost anything after that. Dr. Lucktong told me I wasn't eating right and needed to exercise more. I had a physical demanding job and was doing Water aerobics 4 days per week. When I went back to him 3 years post op I was 25 lbs heavier than my pre surgery weight. He told me that I had stretched my pouch out and insurance would not cover a revision. I asked if I needed to come back anymore and he said no. I am now seeing another surgeon who found gastro gastric fistula and said that my stomach was never completely stapled from my pouc h in the original surgery. Dr. Lucktong wouldn't listen to me and would not even consider the fact that maybe there was something wrong.

March 31, 2011"

@@Dallas Powell I'm so glad you got some answers! I wish you all the best as you get it fixed. I'm so sorry you ended up in this mess, but you've done a great job advocating for yourself and asking questions.

OMG. This quack should be put out of business. You have been so strong to get this far through this and I wish you all the best in having it resolved. That guy is just nuts. Can you even believe he has the nerve to still be doing this surgery? I'm fuming for you in Texas.

Have you talked to any attorneys yet? Seems like one would love to sue this guy. The surgeon has made an attorney's job so easy. What a jerk. And then to tell you correcting it would be dangerous. Dude.

Sorry I can't help with that pain issue. Haven't had any experience with that. But as people check in on this site this evening, you should hear something. Hang in there.

i am not trying to be judgemental but why are you attempting to eat so much? Bypass is just a tool. It isbon you to not eat so much. If your pouch was conpleted properly it is surely expanded now.

i am not trying to be judgemental but why are you attempting to eat so much? Bypass is just a tool. It isbon you to not eat so much. If your pouch was conpleted properly it is surely expanded now.

Not sure if you've read from the very beginning of his post to his most recent....

You're not being judgemental but there is a lot to this story that is explained through out this entire thread.

Everyone, thank you again for your replies. It feels real good that there are people that actually care. I don’t know what I would do without you. You’re advise is very much appreciated. Especially since this whole thing is new to me and you all have taught me what is normal and what isn’t.

DJmohr it was very thoughtful for you to spend the time to write up the guidelines for what those who have had the bypass need to go by to make sure they get enough nutrients in so they don’t get a deficiency. Unfortunately I don’t have that problem. I sure wish I did though. The cut down stomach my surgeon made me is huge. And it doesn’t retain food. I essentially have no stomach at all. food goes down my esophagus and dumps directly into my intestine as the stomach does not act like a holding station for food to get dissolved. And it appears so far that my intestines are doing a fine job at digesting food and absorbing nutrients. Maybe too good of a job. Too bad I don’t have a small stomach that I could get full from small meals on.

I have the hunger that I would guess most people here had before the surgery. And before the surgery I was unsuccessful at permanently maintaining a diet. I don’t see it as it being possible for me to currently keep weight off. I was hoping that I could have had the benefits that everyone else gets from having the surgery. Primarily the benefit of getting full on a small amount of food.

JacksdadShane just to clarify, my stomach is not much different than it was before. I’m sure it was huge before the surgery due to the amount of food I ate. I can be honest with you all, my problem never was sweets. It has been mass quantity. I simply always have eaten a lot of food. The last couple of years I have been on a pretty strict diabetic diet eating pretty much exclusively meat and vegetables. I don’t like needles so I decided to manage my diabetes via my diet. And as a result I lost a grand total of 20 lbs. Get my point? It’s a quantity issue for me, not quality. And unfortunately I am still in the same boat as I was before the surgery. It is a little easier and I do get full faster than before. But in order to get full it still requires quite a large portion of food. I never got that chance that I wanted like everyone else gets who has the surgery.

GoBlue, OMG I would like to thank you for doing research on Dr. Lucktong. I did research on him before the surgery and everything I found looked good. Unbelievable what you found. I sent it right over to my girlfriend who also just had a botched surgery from Dr. Lucktong and she was shocked by it. Could you tell me what site you found that on? I really need to see if I can contact that person.

I know from past experience of a friend that suing a Dr. is a very costly endeavor. My friend had a breast augmentation that the doctor botched. She got a life threatening infection in her breasts. She ended up getting a staff loquacious infection and almost died from it. That’s a bacteria that is commonly found in the nose.

I went with her to the medical malpractice attorney. The attorney was all over it. There were several other details. It’s a long story but it was a really good case. He said he would love to be the lawyer she picked to take it. And as with all medical malpractice lawyers he would take his time and fight it for her at no charge. Until she got paid. However there is a preliminary cost. And that cost is to get another Dr. to appear in court and testify against the bad Dr. And he said that they have this sort of code of ethics locally. No doctor will go testify against another local Dr. So he said you have to get an out of town Dr. Far enough out of town where they personally wouldn’t have been effected by retaliation. He ended up finding one close by in the next state (North Carolina) at Duke. This surgeon he found was perfect. He was a college professor of breast augmentations. But he said like all they charge hourly door to door. So when he left his house there he starts billing and he keeps billing until he is back home. And the cost is $1,000 per hour. The attorney said that the case could be several days but most likely he would only be needed for 1 to 2 days. They charge literally every hour they are here. Including the hours they are here sleeping in a hotel. So it would be 24 to 48 hours.

Needless to say she wasn’t able to sue the Dr. You have to be pretty wealthy these days to sue a Dr. That’s why it makes me so mad when I hear politicians talking about tort reform. For those of you who don’t know what tort reform is, it’s preventing doctors from getting sued. It’s pretty clear that it’s practically already impossible to sue a Dr. unless you have a good amount of money. And to make it even harder is ridiculous. Fortunately I am in a position today where I should be able to fight for my rights. And I would love to do that along with several people who have also had the same type of experience with that doctor.

A small update: This afternoon a person from Dr. Lucktong’s office called me. She said they got my test results in and would like to set an appointment. She then said that she would like to set it sometime next year and then we could call it the 3rd month after the surgery. AKA the last free appointment that would be included with the surgery.

OMG that is extremely irritating that she was so focused on one more free appointment to me when I have these, what I consider to be very serious issues. So I told her I am shocked that she said that and I would think that the Dr. would have wanted to see me right away considering the results of that test. I went on to explain how if we wait too long my insurance company may want to deny another surgery. They may say that my comorbidities are gone such as my high blood pressure and diabetes so I didn’t need it anymore as I am right on the edge regarding the weight of having it or not having it. The main reason they accepted it was because I have several other health issues which allowed me down to a BMI of 35. At the time of surgery I had a BMI of 39 so there is a little room but no that much.

I also told her that I have paid several thousand dollars in fees to the Dr. and insurance company and if we get into next year I will have another huge deductible to pay. He has been paid extremely well to do my surgery. And I see this as an urgent issue. I asked her what time the Dr. has right away to see me. What time tomorrow would work. I can even meet after or before work if needed. She said he had no time right away and the first appointment he has is December 8th.

Well, as you and I know, everyone has some time. Are they trying to tell me that he literally works every waking hour of the day and when he’s done he drives straight home to sleep. If I did this to someone you better believe I will not go home at 5pm sharp that day and will do what I need to do to make things right. I again told her I would have thought that the Dr. would have wanted to meet with me before December 8th. She returned and said no, he is fine with meeting with you then. So I reluctantly set the appointment.

I guess I need to get on the ball and set another one out of town with another surgeon to get their opinion on the test results. Is it acceptable for me to call Dr. Lucktong “The Butcher” now? Considering that as of now I can confirm that he butchered me, my girlfriend and that other person that GoBlue found?

The BUTCHER!!!

he really should see you sooner.

You should be priority now, I think anyways!

I really really really really hope this all works out to your favor and you don't get screwed.

I'm wishing you the absolute best of luck with this!

Must be so frustrating...best of luck to you . Keep us posted

Edited by pcara68

@@pcara68

Note: Try reading the whole post before commenting. Dallas had a Bypass, those patients do not get fills. His surgeon screwed up big time.