Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When people ask what you did to lose weight how do you respond?

While those close to me know my struggles and the decision to have weight loss surgery I work with a bunch of gossipy, unhappy and messy women. I chose not to tell coworkers for that very reason (well two people,) and although it got out and my fellow supervisor hated on me so bad she actually made a video and posted it on social media stating I had weight loss surgery and lied and said my gallbladder was taken out.

Actually my gallbladder was taken out at the same time but o chose to keep my journey a secret because of this type of behavior. I'm 37 and never worked with women as such but then again I'm a Cali girl currently living in the country where my husband got stationed.

I'm very very private and have no idea how to answer if someone asks how I lost weight. Any suggestions?

"I worked closely with my doctor." Then change the subject.

@@cal2okl

I eat healthy and I'm at the gym 4 to 6 days a week. I have become a gym rat....All true statements.

Its your choice to disclose your surgery...i hate to see people tear you down because you are succeeding. If they can't be supportive...Might be time to distance the relationship and move on.

If that was my boss, I would turn her ass in to HR and get an attorney.

Are these grown women or teenage girls? "a lot of hard work" is all you need to say.

I second @OutsideMatchInside. It's not only unprofessional but probably illegal for a supervisor to do this!

I also work with a bunch of gossipy women. I haven't told anyone about my surgery. I say I am eating healthy, watching my calories, focussing on Protein, cutting carbs, and exercising. All of which happen to be true!

Are you stationed in italy by chance? I had the same experience with women there!

Anyway, I intend to just say I'm cutting portions and carbs. All true. Sadly I've yo-yo dieted enough that probably no one will even ask! Hahaha but THIS time I'll keep it off.

Eating less and moving more.

Made a video about you ?

F*%K that B!#*h. No way, shape, or form that can be legal.

Sorry, I have no advice, but that blows. You should get a free pass on pimp-slapping that worthless piece of crap for as many times as you'd like.

Manipulative, petty, low-class heifer. I'm very sorry you had to be subjected to such a spineless piece of garbage.

Thank you so much for your replies and yes even the work relationship has been distanced but great answers.

While those close to me know my struggles and the decision to have weight loss surgery I work with a bunch of gossipy, unhappy and messy women. I chose not to tell coworkers for that very reason (well two people,) and although it got out and my fellow supervisor hated on me so bad she actually made a video and posted it on social media stating I had weight loss surgery and lied and said my gallbladder was taken out.

Actually my gallbladder was taken out at the same time but o chose to keep my journey a secret because of this type of behavior. I'm 37 and never worked with women as such but then again I'm a Cali girl currently living in the country where my husband got stationed.

I'm very very private and have no idea how to answer if someone asks how I lost weight. Any suggestions?

That was illegal plain and simple. I just don't understand people sometimes how cruel they can be.

https://www.workplacefairness.org/medical-privacy-workplace#18

The fact that your boss actually made a video and posted it can cost her job. Not only can you get her fired, you can also sue her for libel, defamation of character, and slander.

http://thelawdictionary.org/article/when-to-sue-for-defamation-slander-and-libel/

She should not get away with that and you would have an open and shut case especially since she provided the video proof!

@@Dub you made my day lmao

You shouldn't have to deal with that kind of crap.

So dang wrong.

What will be cool, though, is your great success. You'll reach your goals and those idiots opinions will never matter.

That is so messed up!! What is her problem? People are so cruel and stupid at times. They are jealous and just downright mean. As if you cheated or something.

They came up with this surgery as a life saving intervention for people with weight issues. Someone is an alcoholic, and they get medical help. Do we judge them?? No we applaud them!!! It's bullshit that wls gets this treatment.

You should feel so proud and you should definitely go above her head with a complaint. That is your PERSONAL information she shared.

When people I don't want to tell ask me, I say I eat low carb, no sugar, and workout, and Portion Control. Which is all true.

I do tell a lot of people however and the reason is because I know how nearly impossible it is for most people to lose weight naturally and i don't want to spread false hope that the diet industry does. The fact is once we become overweight our bodies reach a new set point which is very difficult to undo. I feel natural weightloss is mostly a myth and I want to raise awareness that this surgery is a wonderful thing and put there for people.

But strangers? Yeah I don't usually tell them. It's too personal.

Edited by bellabloom