Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10wks out rant and whine and vent

I'm 10 weeks out..I'm sick of Water, sick of worrying about $hit like Protein grams, sick of eating like a freak, sick of feeling guilty if I miss a day at the gym. Sick of stepping on the scale to no loss! I'm am sick of all of it! Thank you for reading ;)

Yes, Water does suck. Protein powder is the pits. Feeling guilty about missing exercise is a pain in the butt. BUTTHEN I THINK...

...dropping clothing sizes like mad is exhilarating!

...feeling no leg or back pain has changed my life!

...no more BP meds, pain meds, is liberating!

...and feeling like I gained my life back is the greatest feeling of all!

I bitch and rant all the time to myself about the restrictions, until I think about what I have accomplished and what it will mean for the future. Before my surgery I was scared about the future, I was uncertain if I would be healthy enough to face it. Now, just 11 weeks later, I can't wait for what the future will bring.

Rants are normal and healthy - we all need to let off steam!

I looked over your past posts to see if there was something useful that I could add to this thread. On 10/7, you said you were 11 weeks out. On 10/13, you were 12 weeks post op. Now you are are 10 weeks post-op? Is that a typo?

Well ok! You feel better now?! It's ok to get "sick of it" but it's a way of life now. It gets better as time goes on. Don't stress yourself out over it. Track your food and do the best you can. You won't hit goals every day. Stop being so hard on yourself!

10 weeks out here (8/6 sleeve)...still losing at very satisfying pace and I've stopped keeping track of anything. I just don't eat carbs other than incidental ones in otherwise high quality foods, my body tells me when it's time to put the fork down, and I don't have any real desire to drink Water during meals. Unless your surgeon put you on a very conservative diet progression, this should be more or less your experience.

As to exercise, yes, I feel the guilt when I don't get it in...however, the benefits of working out in the way of metabolism and circulation last for days, and as long as you are being pretty diligent, you are getting the intended benefit. There is research that shows that strenuous and excessive exercise confers no benefits over moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Diet is virtually the entire game, and it sounds like you are doing well, but I think you are at a point where you can let your body do the talking. Best of luck!

I remember the doldrums... not much fun and still fat. Time helps alot. Hang in there.

Some days you wake up and just go, "Meh!"

It happens. ;)

You know, I think it sounds very normal to hit a "I'm so sick of this" after a couple of months. Just remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint. (Geez, I hate sayings like that but it's appropriate in this case.) It's a big change and I think it's fair to say that most of us are used to diets, diet fatigue and that point where we gave up in the past. Surgery was that drastic change that doesn't really allow any of us to give up or go off the diet. Try to find some non-scale victories - clothing fitting better? More energy? Less medication? Better sleep?

I am curious about what you said about "eating like a freak..." I honestly don't feel all that weird about it. I just eat small portions. I share with family and friends. I haven't stopped going out - I'm just smarter about what I eat and how much of it I eat. For me, it's the new normal and I don't apologize for it or make excuses and frankly, I don't give a rat's hind parts about what anybody thinks about what's on my plate. I'm doing this for me, and anyone who doesn't like it can get lost. :)

I hope you feel a bit better after your rant - hang in there!

CJ

I saw that you posted something about ranting and I just want to ask you, Do you ever have a cheap meal? Like have you eaten a piece of fried food or something you are craving since your surgery. The reason I am asking, we have close to the same starting weight, I was about 10 lbs heavier, we are the same height. And I would like to be where you are 3 months out. I am just 2 weeks out and I have lost 21.4 lbs, I would like to stay on track but I know when I start solids it will be harder to fight the small cravings. So if you do have a cheap snack or meal, please let me know. Thanks.

Yes, Water does suck. Protein powder is the pits. Feeling guilty about missing exercise is a pain in the butt. BUTTHEN I THINK...

...dropping clothing sizes like mad is exhilarating!

...feeling no leg or back pain has changed my life!

...no more BP meds, pain meds, is liberating!

...and feeling like I gained my life back is the greatest feeling of all!

I b***h and rant all the time to myself about the restrictions, until I think about what I have accomplished and what it will mean for the future. Before my surgery I was scared about the future, I was uncertain if I would be healthy enough to face it. Now, just 11 weeks later, I can't wait for what the future will bring.

Rants are normal and healthy - we all need to let off steam!

Hi thickfit504

I have lost between 35-40lbs since surgery. I stay off the scale since I thought what would be a steady decline is more bouncing around and I find that frustrating. I have had some burgers and such. I don't forbid anything but straight sugary junk (cake Cookies candy). I just let my new found natural Portion Control take over. I don't obsess over anything I eat. I got in this place being obsessed with food so ain't goin there again. I will tell you we will lose slower because we started smaller. I see that on all the boards and got confirmation from my doctor. It's good your finding people with your body type for results. Sounds like your doing great.