Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone heard of Dr. Francisco Gonzalez in TJ?

Does anyone know what type of band Dr Gonzalez is using? I would really like to get the new inamed AP band, so if Dr G is not using that one I may look at another doc. Waiting on band type confirmation from his office.

Very well put SC. Indeed!

Lap-bandit, thanks for your good wishes. I'm almost ready! Are you?

Bakerman-

I guess I am as ready as I am going to get. This airplane stuff has me panicking. Is that not crazy???....I am more afraid of flying than the actual surgery. Go figure.

BlueEyedKitty I'm getting the AP also, I called about it and Dr G uses the new Inamed bands. Lapbandit I get nervous anytime I fly, any little bit of turbulence and I'm in bad shape. But you know they are right when they say the chances of problems while flying are less than while driving, so the thought helps, and maybe a little faith for good measure.

Thanks Bakerman, for the words of encouragement. I can do this. I will just get my friend to medicate me :confused: AND carry me through the airport on a luggage cart!

Do you really get as gassy as they say? Can anyone tell me more? What is the best thing you can take, or any home remedies? I am kinda worried. Should I pack this for my trip?

Ok, to those that have been banded already by Dr Gonzalez ... How important is the diet journal you are supposed to do ?? Does the Nutritionist really look at it --- I probably missed a week of journaling --

I'm not very good at that stuff -- I'm just wondering now what is going to be said to me - - Thanks for all the info !!

I'm back from surgery and am completely happy that I choose Dr. Gonzales to do my surgery. He and his team really take care of you right and the aftercare is great. I'd warn anyone getting the lapband to check up on aftercare. It is as important and getting the band itself.

Laura (you will love her) picked me up at the airport and helped me register into the swanky Camino Real Hotel. Then we went to Dr.G's office in his surgery clinic. He explained the whole process to me and answered all my questions. Dr. Veronica also there, (the nutritionist) weighed me, took my measurements and height and talked to me about diet and my weight goals.

At 8am the next morning I was checked into the hospital. Hospital Angeles is way beyond any hospital I have ever been in. Next the cardiologist took my EKG and wanted a treadmill one done. If I didn't pass it, I wouldn't get the surgery. I passed it!!!!! :clap2:

Dr. V stopped by to talk to me as did Dr. G. Then they brought the surgery team in and introduced me. I'n surgery I had Dr.G, another surgeon, Dr. V, an anesthesiologist and 3 nurses.

All went very smooth. Dr. G. said my liver was so small that the surgery only took 25 minutes.:)

Laura stopped by later.

The nurses were great.

The next day Dr. G stopped by as did Dr.V. Dr. Veronica gave me paperwork, telling me all sorts of stuff as to my ideal weight range and body fat % so on. She will be working with me through email on my weight loss.

The next day I was released and Dr. V and Dr. G stopped by again givng me prescriptions and more instructions.

Laura drove me to airport. The border crossing into the USA takes an hour!!!

I flew to Tuscon last night and got home today.

I had such a good experience, the doctors and Laura feel like family. I will be going back for my fills.

I don't think I would have had a better experience anywhere, else.

On Thursday Laura passed a message to me from Lapbandit. Her surgery is today.

There was another women in the hospital who had the lap band by a different surgeon and she was miserable with pain. I didn't have any pain. My lungs hurt after surgery because I have asthma. My stomach bloated up and I had some gas pain. There's no hunger pains. You're surpose to walk to relieve the gas pain. Today all that gas is coming out. Stomach is still bloated.

The worse part of it all was taking my medicines crushed up in Water. I take a lot of meds and UGHHH:cry Here's a hint save a bit of the applejuice to put the meds in and get those Listerine breath strips. Drink the meds and stick a strip in your mouth right away.

CHUBBYONE

The diet journal is something you'll be getting in a habit of doing so you learn to take control of your eating. She didn't look at mine but she WANTS YOU to keep one after surgery.

Hey Sunshine! I'm so happy to hear about your great experience...I will be heading to see Dr G in 2 1/2 weeks and I'm a little nervous, but a lot excited! Did you need a passport to go from SanDiego to Tijuana?

Kitty

You will find the surgery and whole process to be much easier than you think. As for the pain, everyone is different and like I said the doc said I had such a small liver that he didn't have to mess around with it much. So I think the pain may be related to moving the liver aside. But it's really nothing compared to what we will get out of it. Your belly will be very bloated, like having a set of twins in there, so bring the right clothes for going home in and a VERY gentle loose fitting bra, no underwires. No passport. Just your drivers license. And that is to go from TJ to San Diago. Goiing into TJ you need not even stop at border.

You'll be happy with your choice.

Sunshine,

I'm glad you're back. I've been following your posts, because I chose Gonzales and I'm getting banded on the 3rd. To hear you say that you felt that you made the right decision with Dr. G. puts me at ease. I have to say that I was getting a little nervous with all the negative posts about him lately. Even though I have done a TON of research on him, it's reassuring to hear from someone who has actually had the experience with him. Just a side question. You didn't need your birth certificate to get back across the border? Just a driver's license?