Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What can you eat dip with?

Have you ever seen those bags of sweet mini peppers near the bell peppers in the grocery? They're delicious and crunchy. I eat them all the time with chicken or tuna salad or dip.

Thanks everybody for the good suggestions, I appreciate it! I ended up skipping the dips anyway lol. Wanted to save all my room for gumbo, which I could still only eat a tiny bit of. Is gumbo broth a thing? Cuz I could drink that all day!

I think tortilla is either your doctors preference or a personal one.. My doctor allows tortillas starting on my week 3. Hopefully I tolerate it ok...

Edited by Fame

I think my restriction is just that tortilla chips are too hard to process, and I assumed they would be a no no like any chips would be even after I am on regular foods again. As far as soft tortillas, I was told no soft bread of any kind, I can't remember for how long, because of the risk of a bread ball forming and blocking my pouch. I guess I should ask again when I see the nutritionist tomorrow!

I think tortilla is either your doctors preference or a personal one.. My doctor allows tortillas starting on my week 3. Hopefully I tolerate it ok...

I've been thinking about this. My local grocery store sells large and thin pita pockets that are 100 calories each. I'm thinking you could cut one up into quite a few little triangles (16-24) and the bake em with salt & pepper (maybe garlic or onion powder) in a Pam coated baking pan.

Combine with a Greek yogurt dip and you'd have more than you possibly eat without going over 150 calories.

I just got my first shipment from the BariatricPal Store and I had ordered the Protein chips. I think they would be great with a dip. They're delicious on their own they have a great crunch. But if you're looking for something chip like to dip with they would be great

Great Idea Sophie! I have wanting an excuse to order something from there, I will definitely try them!

Great Idea Sophie! I have wanting an excuse to order something from there, I will definitely try them!

I just finished a bag of the Parmesan ones and they're pretty good.

You might want to check with your doctor first. Mine says no bread, crackers, or Pasta for six months.

The ingredient list includes corn flour, rice flour, potato flour... kind of sounds like the ingredients for crackers to me.

Annnnd excitement deflated lol. I didn't even look at the ingredients when I went to check them out :(

Annnnd excitement deflated lol. I didn't even look at the ingredients when I went to check them out :(

That's me - quashing dreams.