Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready to start again

Get the damn thing removed!!! Can't swallow esophagus messed up malnutrition dehydration all of it ridiculous all to be skinny. Died twice! Blood clots. Not freaking worth it!

To ShantelleElaine:

I'm pretty sure in the rules you are not supposed to bash someone else's surgery choice.

What happened to you is very sad and unfortunate but that doesn't mean the band is for nobody.. it just wasn't for you.

If I were either wced or bandedDiva10, I don't think I'd like such a negative and horrific response. .. especially when they still have their band in place! What happened to you doesn't mean it'll happen to everyone.

I had the band for 5 years, it worked, I lost weight, the restriction helped but unfortunately in the end my body was rejecting it. I was sad to see my tool go away.

I'm not saying that I hated the band or it sucked or whatever; I'm just saying that for some people it's not the correct tool. Some of us found out the hard way is all.

I'm so embarrassed to go back and have gained so much weight and embarrassed to have been banded and still be fat. How do I get back on track and make this band work for me. Help please

It's three weeks since you started this topic. You may have everything under control already, but I'll respond anyway.

You are no way the only banded person to regain. You're also not the only one who felt too embarrassed to ashamed to make an appointment with her surgery practice. It's okay to feel that way; the feelings happen to us. What's not okay is not to make the appointment. Surgery staff from surgeons to NP's to RD's and all the others have seen and heard it all many times before. When a patient comes back after a long time away, they are still there to help. There's the old saying about cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. Why do that to yourself? March your little, red face into that office.

As to the band itself, I think it's more a matter of re-establishing the partnership than having the band work for you. You're the one with ultimate responsibility for the work. We all are.

You can build a support system by attending the band support groups at the hospitals in your area. As far as I know, they all welcome each other's patients: We're all in this together. (It's probably also a matter of not costing anything to accept patients from other practices into the groups. So much the better.) Take part in BP. An appointment with your practice's RD may help you plot out your food choices anew.

Laurie

I'm so embarrassed to go back and have gained so much weight and embarrassed to have been banded and still be fat. How do I get back on track and make this band work for me. Help please

It's three weeks since you started this topic. You may have everything under control already, but I'll respond anyway.

You are no way the only banded person to regain. You're also not the only one who felt too embarrassed to ashamed to make an appointment with her surgery practice. It's okay to feel that way; the feelings happen to us. What's not okay is not to make the appointment. Surgery staff from surgeons to NP's to RD's and all the others have seen and heard it all many times before. When a patient comes back after a long time away, they are still there to help. There's the old saying about cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. Why do that to yourself? March your little, red face into that office.

As to the band itself, I think it's more a matter of re-establishing the partnership than having the band work for you. You're the one with ultimate responsibility for the work. We all are.

You can build a support system by attending the band support groups at the hospitals in your area. As far as I know, they all welcome each other's patients: We're all in this together. (It's probably also a matter of not costing anything to accept patients from other practices into the groups. So much the better.) Take part in BP. An appointment with your practice's RD may help you plot out your food choices anew.

Laurie

Thank you so much for this post!

It's been a little over 2 weeks (liquid) & I've lost 9lbs. I went for my first fill this last monday and I still have no restriction so I'm going back tomorrow for another film. My doctor's office does not have a nutritionist but, I am going to call around and see who has a nutritionist specialize in bariatric patients! Thank you again! I'm ready to get restarted in this

This was a choice that we made, just like anything else in our lives!! I personally think it's one of the best health I have ever made.. Congrats to all who can see the desired results.????????

I was scared of what my doctor would say too. I had gained 10 lbs since my last fill! But, he was actually nice and gave me a little tough love advice. All the things I needed to hear. I am super happy I went back in. That's the benefit of Lap-Band. You get a chance to start over, reset and adjust whenever the routine of life takes you in a different direction.

I was scared of what my doctor would say too. I had gained 10 lbs since my last fill! But, he was actually nice and gave me a little tough love advice. All the things I needed to hear. I am super happy I went back in. That's the benefit of Lap-Band. You get a chance to start over, reset and adjust whenever the routine of life takes you in a different direction.

so true. Just had a fill today after being empty for 8 months.... Not happy with 8 lbs up but now I am on my way back down. So glad to see my doc and get started again. They were happy to see me. I bet they have seen it all.

I'm down 10 pounds in just 4 weeks. My doc said he wants to keep that pace so he only gave me .2

Fortunately it never to late to restart

My restart was in 1/1/13 had gotten back to 250 but currently around 185