Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I do not just organic but grass fed beef, free range (not just cage free) chicken, eggs, etc. I eat Dubliner cheese and use kerrygold butter both of which you can get at Walmart which is grass fed dairy. I am spending less on food than ever. My sleeve and body like it. I rarely eat out and when I do I just get whatever they have. I really like a "chopt" salad for lunch they use "free bird" chicken. And I get one salad and can eat off it for like 4 meals. I also like the fresh ingredients at Chipotle minus the rice or the tortilla. I just made my own pesto with organic basil. Yum yum. I will be putting on my slow roasted free range chicken and veggies (ratatouille).

I'm only two months in and if I trusted western medicine, which simply refuses to learn about food as a source of illness or wellness, I'd be eating only meat. My body loves meat but I can feel it asking for food so I either replace a meal a day with fruit or veggies (I never got fat eating fruit!) or I add those to each meal, sacrificing half to most of the Protein. I add Collegen powder to my coffee and tea, and will be adding nutrablast green smoothies very soon. #nogmo

Without going into all the boring details, I read an article in a journal concerning the development of High School age males over the past 10-15 years or so.....

And the average High school male presents today as being more advanced in age than he actually is...in other words an 18 y/o boy can pass as a 24 year old male in terms of stature, etc...

One theory is because of a steady diet of Milk-dairy products, and meat products, resulting in a steady consumption of growth hormones from the animals.

I was always a big meat eater, and I'm about four months out from surgery. My tastes are changing quite significantly. Not only am I highly concerned about where my meat products come from, but more and more I feel disgusted by them. It is not a moral decision: I'm not going to eat meat because blah blah blah, bought an intuitive body response telling me that I don't need to eat very much of it anymore, and what little I do we absolutely must be organic and grass fed, preferably total free range. I eat so much fruit now. None of us on this forum came to needing the surgery from binging on grapes and oranges LOL. That is what my body asks me for now, one before surgery it was always a big fatty meats. Lately, even if I'm just having some chicken Soup or something, I find myself thinking… "How long has this animal been dead? How old is this dead animal flesh I'm about to put in my body? "

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches